Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39871 times)

theflea

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2014, 02:20:14 am »
Was out earlier hitting the sales and also had some nice finds from my local gamestop.

PS3
- Batman Arkham City ($2)

Wii
- The Beatles Rockband ($1)
(found these next 3 at my local gamestop, and two are supposed to be one of the rarest games on the Wii)
- Guilty Gear XX ($1.50)
- My Horse and Me: Riding for Gold ($15 - I really don't know why this game is so rare) lol
- Fritz Chess ($17)
My horse and Fritz Chess sell for about $60 each for a complete copy online.  :o

PSP
Also picked up these from gamestop.
- Yggdra Union
- Ys I & II Chronicles

PS2
- Shadow of the Colossus (GH) $1

GC
A Silver gamecube with 2 silver controllers, 2 memory cards and all it's hookups for free. As I was walking up to a sale I saw this in the trash.  :o

N64
A N64 lot with 2 controllers and 8 games for $25.
- Batman Beyond
- NFL Quarterback Club 99
- Star Wars Episode I Racer
- Pokemon Snap
- Nascar 2000
- Excitebike 64
- 007 The World is Not Enough
- Goldeneye 007

NES
A Clone NES console CIB with 1 game. $15
- The Legend of Zelda

And last a lot and I just couldn't say no too. A guy had 4 boxes full of old Atari 400/800 computer stuff.
Everything from books, floppy discs, tapes, games, boxes, instruction manuals, Joysticks, A Atari Printer, An Indus GT disc drive,  a tape player,  a 10K ROM Expansion Cart, a new in box animation station, a new in box Atari Modem, several game carts, disc games and tape games. I put some of it in the picture below, most of the software I didn't show is office tools and not interesting. He said he had more but this was all he could find atm, I left my number with him in case he found the system and more stuff.
But I got all 4 box loads for $20. I'm really not sure what all I want from this but I just couldn't pass it up.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:32:21 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

spac316

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2014, 02:20:48 am »
A pic of my recent purchases...

90snostalga

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2014, 02:22:45 am »

Nice  :)  Have you ever played that Bomberman World game?  Is it good?

spac316

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2014, 02:24:59 am »
It's fun. It uses an isometric view which takes getting used to though.

90snostalga

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2014, 02:28:17 am »

Ah, got cha!  What is that SNES game?  I cant really tell on the pic and are those just collecting or playing cards for the Mario RPG?

argyle

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2014, 04:41:59 am »

I gotta believe!  :P

BTW, I have never understood kids/parents writing their names on old NES/SNES games.  When I was a kid I never dreamed of doing something like that - if I hadn't been stupid & sold my games off they'd still be complete & mint now.   :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

spac316

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2014, 01:14:23 pm »

Ah, got cha!  What is that SNES game?  I cant really tell on the pic and are those just collecting or playing cards for the Mario RPG?
That game is Street Racer, it's like Mario Kart almost. Not as good but still fun. Those are just collector cards from Nintendo power.
Yeah, I don't like markings on carts either. I just bought some Mr. Clean Magic erasers so I'll clean that up soon.

argyle

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2014, 01:49:46 pm »
I only hit a handful of yard sales this morning.  Not much was listed, plus I got a late start due to a poor night's sleep.  But my first stop gave me my best haul of the year, so I'm still happy.  :)  I didn't see anything, so I asked the couple if they had any old video games.  At first I got one of my standard answers "oh, yeah, but I have no idea where they are."  But then the guy thinks a minute and goes "wait, I think they're in a box, hang on a minute and I'll go get them."  He comes back with a literal chest - not huge, but still amusing given that to me, finding old games around here IS a treasure.  :P  Anyway he opens it and I see NES, Genesis and even a couple of N64 games.  At the bottom was a 360 system, but I didn't even ask him about that because I had very little cash on me.  I asked what he wanted for the games and he said $2/each.  I grabbed the 7 best ones (left a NES Wheel of Fortune, some dodgeball/volleyball game & a N64 racing game) and asked him if he'd take $10 for those.  He agreed, which made me even happier.  ;)  I came away with:

NES:
Metroid (I'm not a huge NES collector, but I have been wanting this)
Cybernoid
Xevious
Mickey Mousecapade

Genesis:
Sonic & Knuckles
Shaq-Fu (w/ box but no manual)

N64:
Super Smash Bros.  :D

IMG_2990

There's a name written on the back of 3 of the NES games, but I also have some magic erasers so I'll take care of that.  ;)  The bottom left corner of the front Xevious label is folded up a bit but not torn so I think I can fix that with a glue stick.  All of the labels look really good - no tears or writing on those. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

90snostalga

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2014, 01:56:51 pm »
I only hit a handful of yard sales this morning.  Not much was listed, plus I got a late start due to a poor night's sleep.  But my first stop gave me my best haul of the year, so I'm still happy.  :)  I didn't see anything, so I asked the couple if they had any old video games.  At first I got one of my standard answers "oh, yeah, but I have no idea where they are."  But then the guy thinks a minute and goes "wait, I think they're in a box, hang on a minute and I'll go get them."  He comes back with a literal chest - not huge, but still amusing given that to me, finding old games around here IS a treasure.  :P  Anyway he opens it and I see NES, Genesis and even a couple of N64 games.  At the bottom was a 360 system, but I didn't even ask him about that because I had very little cash on me.  I asked what he wanted for the games and he said $2/each.  I grabbed the 7 best ones (left a NES Wheel of Fortune, some dodgeball/volleyball game & a N64 racing game) and asked him if he'd take $10 for those.  He agreed, which made me even happier.  ;)  I came away with:

NES:
Metroid (I'm not a huge NES collector, but I have been wanting this)
Cybernoid
Xevious
Mickey Mousecapade

Genesis:
Sonic & Knuckles
Shaq-Fu (w/ box but no manual)

N64:
Super Smash Bros.  :D

IMG_2990

There's a name written on the back of 3 of the NES games, but I also have some magic erasers so I'll take care of that.  ;)  The bottom left corner of the front Xevious label is folded up a bit but not torn so I think I can fix that with a glue stick.  All of the labels look really good - no tears or writing on those.

Sweet deal Argyle!  And what luck.  At yard sales I always hear "I already sold them" or "I sold them at the flea market"  Especially to get that Smash Bros. is very very cool

90snostalga

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2014, 06:59:07 pm »
We were speaking of SNK compilations the other day and Turf sent me out a gift as part of his kindness.  Thanks so much Turf!   :D :D

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2014, 07:23:01 pm »
Always nice finding some older games, even though it wasn't much I'm going to keep for my collection.  I did get another copy of Jungle Strike, but the cool thing about this one was that it still had the Mutant League Football poster inside which was awesome.  The other two are just bleh sports titles.

Up top there's another copy of Mechassault I now have for the Xbox, but this one came in just a no resale sleeve, so not sure where it came from originally.  The there is something called Xbox Live Arcade, but it apparently has Ms. Pac Man on the disk so I can play that on the original Xbox lol

And then in the corner, I grabbed it for the heck of it, never played it before, but it's Lands of Lore Guardians of Destiny on PC.  Never heard of it before, it's some Westwood game that kinda went along with the same release of Blade Runner I posted before according to the back.

The poster was definitely the highlight for today since I didn't get to the flea market.  Gotta stop staying up so late on Friday lol

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2014, 08:25:43 pm »
I grabbed a few things today. Picked up Wild Arms 4, a PS2 memory card, ordered a PS2, (new), from Amazon, and I traded in both Watch_Dogs and Bound by Flame, (PS4), and picked up Wind Waker HD, (again), and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I also received Resident Evil : Revelations, (Wii U), a few days ago.

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2014, 08:46:01 pm »
And got bored and wandered over to Gamestop, ending up grabbing that Prince of Persia game on PS3 used which I think is essentially like a reboot for the series that didn't go anywhere? Anyways, it was only 2 bucks, so why not.  Also grabbed Metal Gear Solid 4 used just to have since it was pretty cheap also.  Was gonna grab some more to have, but decided against it for now.

abe

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2014, 09:03:19 pm »
I found a new copy of the limited edition of Killer is Dead (PS3) at one of the EB Games locations in my city for $20. At a different EB Games, I found a copy of Dark Sector (PS3) for $3. I'm also waiting on my copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection (PS Vita) to arrive in the mail from NIS America's online store.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2014, 10:22:27 pm »
Dark Sector is an underrated game.  :)