Author Topic: Gaming Pet Peeves  (Read 8516 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Gaming Pet Peeves
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 07:04:38 pm »
Annoying flying enemies like birds, bats, and Medusa heads.

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 08:02:32 pm »
Which controller did you get for your PS3?

The Thrustmaster Dual Trigger 3-in-1
http://archive.benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=65

They were released in back in 2007, so they're not too common, but Thrustmaster has since made other PS3 controllers that are fully remappable as well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 08:07:37 pm »
The Thrustmaster sounds like something you'd order out of an Adam & Eve catalog.  :o

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 08:10:25 pm »
The Thrustmaster sounds like something I'd order out of an Adam & Eve catalog.  :o

Fix'd it  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 08:11:33 pm »
The Thrustmaster sounds like something I'd order out of an Adam & Eve catalog.  :o

Fix'd it  ;D

sin2beta

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 08:13:43 pm »
Tutorials
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

argyle

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 08:37:38 pm »
Tutorials

Badly done tutorials.  If it's the kind where it's stopping the game to show you how to jump, then yes.  A good game teaches you how to play WHILE you're playing.  I also point to Dark Cloud 2 as a perfect example, but there are others. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 09:17:09 pm »
Tutorials

Badly done tutorials.  If it's the kind where it's stopping the game to show you how to jump, then yes.  A good game teaches you how to play WHILE you're playing.  I also point to Dark Cloud 2 as a perfect example, but there are others.

Look at Super Mario Bros.  World 1-1 is meant to teach some who has never played a video game.  There's a real cool write-up out there about how much thought went into the first stage.  I need to find that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:25:28 pm by turf »

argyle

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 09:22:11 pm »
Tutorials

Look at Super Mario Bros.  World 1-1 is meant to teach some who has never played a video game.  There's a real cool write-up out there about how much though went into the first stage.  I need to find that.

Yup, I read (or was it a video?) something very similar about the first level of Mega Man X. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 12:02:39 am »
Probably my biggest one is when people inappropriately use the word "rare" to describe a game. You see this a lot of Ebay with people posting Mario/Duck Hunt and calling it rare in the description and/or title, but it bothers me the most when someone says it in person for a game that is not genuinely rare. Or when people say something is rare, but actually it is just valuable like Super Smash Bros or Zelda Majoras Mask. Makes me grit my teeth every time.

pacpix

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 01:31:04 am »
Probably my biggest one is when people inappropriately use the word "rare" to describe a game. You see this a lot of Ebay with people posting Mario/Duck Hunt and calling it rare in the description and/or title, but it bothers me the most when someone says it in person for a game that is not genuinely rare. Or when people say something is rare, but actually it is just valuable like Super Smash Bros or Zelda Majoras Mask. Makes me grit my teeth every time.
L@@K RARE ORIGINAL NINTENDO GAME: MARIO/DUCK HUNT
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 02:14:30 am »
L@@K RARE ORIGINAL NINTENDO GAME: MARIO/DUCK HUNT

But is it an NES-001?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 06:58:10 am »

But is it an NES-001?

Which leads into my pet peeve,  People still using that damn episode as if that guy was right to validate why they're selling a NES for so much. Also "quick-check ebay" sellers

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 02:06:28 pm »

But is it an NES-001?

Which leads into my pet peeve,  People still using that damn episode as if that guy was right to validate why they're selling a NES for so much. Also "quick-check ebay" sellers

Why is quick check eBay sellers bad? eBay is honestly to best gauge to see what an item is really worth at that moment in time. Problem is, most people only check listed prices rather than completed prices; which is what they should be checking because that's what people are actually paying for the item.

argyle

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 03:02:22 pm »

But is it an NES-001?

Why is quick check eBay sellers bad? eBay is honestly to best gauge to see what an item is really worth at that moment in time. Problem is, most people only check listed prices rather than completed prices; which is what they should be checking because that's what people are actually paying for the item.

Because as I tell my wife, if I'm going to pay ebay prices I'm going to do it sitting at home in my underwear not at a flea market or worse yet, a yard sale at 6:00 in the morning.  ;)