Author Topic: Arcade Fight Sticks  (Read 1044 times)

abe

Arcade Fight Sticks
« on: June 09, 2014, 10:36:49 am »
I'm looking at getting a good arcade fight stick for my PS3, and was wondering if I could get some recommendations on one that any of you have had personal experience with. Your input is highly appreciated!  :D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Re: Arcade Fight Sticks
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:17:47 pm »
With my mame cab I use the tank stick from xarcade and it is fantastic. You can even get adapters for all of the current and other consoles back to the PS1. They do make a single player, more portable version. They are a little pricey but they are made very very well and come with a lifetime warranty. They are made with actual arcade parts so it feels like arcade controls.
http://www.xgaming.com/store/arcade-joysticks-and-game-controllers/product/x-arcade-solo-joystick/
"My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up."
     Setzer  FFVI

abe

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 03:25:27 pm »
With my mame cab I use the tank stick from xarcade and it is fantastic. You can even get adapters for all of the current and other consoles back to the PS1. They do make a single player, more portable version. They are a little pricey but they are made very very well and come with a lifetime warranty. They are made with actual arcade parts so it feels like arcade controls.
http://www.xgaming.com/store/arcade-joysticks-and-game-controllers/product/x-arcade-solo-joystick/

Wow, that's actually perfect. I'm more than willing to pay extra for something I can use on all of my consoles. It's a much better option than buying a different one for each console. The shipping to Canada isn't too bad either, considering its size and weight.
Thanks, awesome recommendation!  ;D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 11:47:13 pm »
I've been looking into getting one of those too, unfortunately it's all American style. I don't know if you have a preference but if you like Japanese style, check out the Hori V3 it's great for the price

bobster

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 09:19:21 am »
That X-arcade stick is a fantastic suggestion. I might have to pick up one of these for myself!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 10:07:39 am »
I've been looking into getting one of those too, unfortunately it's all American style. I don't know if you have a preference but if you like Japanese style, check out the Hori V3 it's great for the price

With the xarcade stuff you can install HAPP joysticks with out moding the system. So you can pick up a Japanese style HAPP joystick and install it with out an issue. Now japanese style buttons take some drilling but its possible but at that point you can order just the xarcade pcb and make your own control layout.
"My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up."
     Setzer  FFVI