Author Topic: Playstation games with voice acting.  (Read 3047 times)

Playstation games with voice acting.
« on: June 15, 2014, 12:52:09 pm »
Im looking for PS games with entertainably bad voice acting but ARE NOT ACTION ADVENTURE OR ADVENTURE GAMES (castlevania excluded.).

These can be any genre. Mostly looking for 3d games for this one.

razorbeamz

Re: Playstation games with voice acting.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:43:41 am »
Can't go wrong with Resident Evil and its Jill Sandwich.
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:54 pm »
Fox Hunt comes to mind with bad acting included.
Brain dead 13 has a lot of voice work in it.
Maybe Evil Dead, Broken Helix or Fear Effect. Not sure if these are considered action/adventure.

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 01:11:57 am »
on the PS1 there's Echo Night. Pretty fun game, but the voice acting (which there is a good amount of) is pretty "strange." it is a horror-ish ghosty walking simulator.

Raw Danger on Ps2 is pretty bad in the voice-over department. (Agetec, you magnificent bastards.) I wouldn't say it was necessarily an adventure game, but that's just me.

On ps2 Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions is hilariously bad. So bad. Probably my strongest recommendation for now. It is an arcade driving game.

Perfect Weapon on Ps1 is over dramatic. Pretty funny. Best part of the game however is in his movement, if you bump into anything (and that is a very common occurrence) your character will blat out "no-way." it has to be played to be fully appreciated. It is, however, a beat em' up, so there's that.

One more I could think of is Epidemic on Ps1. Piss-poor voice acting combined with piss-poor character models equals a damn fine time.  FPS game.

Hope this helps. If I think of any more that AREN'T action-y adventure-y I'll post 'em 'ere. :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:16:34 am by dalanimilbus »

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 01:35:08 am »
Apocalypse was filled with Bruce Willis randomly shouting such one-liners as "LOCK AND LOAD", "EAT EM UP", and "EEEEYAAYY"

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 09:10:31 am »
Disruptor had live action cut scenes, which included voice acting, and If I recall correctly it was quite bad.  Star Wars Rebel Assault had "bad tv" grade acting. 

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 05:47:51 pm »
Not sure if you'd count PS2, but I popped in the first .hack game and was surprised by the voice acting. So much so that I had to switch it to the Japanese audio track (thankfully it had one!) as quickly as I could.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas