Author Topic: E3 Thread!  (Read 10334 times)

argyle

Re: E3 Thread!
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2014, 07:44:29 pm »
Here's that odd old school animated style game they showed in the indies presentation for Xbox.  It looks to be Mega Man with the old cartoon style of the 30's.  Now this is a cool style to go with and a way to stand out amid all the indie games out there right now lol

I've been following this game for a while now, I love the style.  A shame they had to go the Xbone route tho - oh well. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2014, 08:03:34 pm »
It's possible if it does well, they'll do a port to PS4 or maybe even Wii U.  At least it's on PC which is great.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2014, 10:13:43 pm »
I'm really like the idea of this one. I'm hoping it gets a WiiU release.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:18:08 pm by turf »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2014, 10:17:24 pm »
no fallout 4 means I'll be going probably at least another year before getting a PS4

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2014, 01:27:19 am »
Here's that odd old school animated style game they showed in the indies presentation for Xbox.  It looks to be Mega Man with the old cartoon style of the 30's.  Now this is a cool style to go with and a way to stand out amid all the indie games out there right now lol

Yeah, that looked awesome.

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2014, 02:07:21 am »
no fallout 4 means I'll be going probably at least another year before getting a PS4

That's a PC release for me, so it doesn't count towards it lol Right now there's still very little reason for me to get a PS4, even with E3 just having passed.  This year, there's games I'd rather play on them than on the older systems, MGSV and Destiny, but I can play them on PS3, so I probably will.  The end of next year could get me interested in a PS4, but so far, not much going for it.

Of which I just realized that was not a 2014 release for MGSV, but 2015.  There's goes that.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2014, 10:10:50 pm »
My thoughts on E3 2014 after a few days of thought in a Nutshell

First off and I know several people have said it but, this E3 seemed like a giant trailer for Next year's E3
Microsoft- Better than last years, but then again they could have just gone on staged, farted, left and still have been better than last year. that being said Phantom Dust, Project Spark, Sunset Overdrive, Scalebound, and Ori and the Blind forest have peeked my interest, deliver on those games and I'll most likely buy and Xbox one

EA and Ubisoft- EA I feel asleep only to wake up for Mirrors Edge and fall back asleep, Ubisoft I honestly stopped watching and just played Mario Kart 8 on the gamepad having that as backround noise. seriously why do these two companies have conferences if most of the stuff is just going to be shown at Microsoft and Sony's conference

Sony- I find myself getting less interested in the Order 1868 the more I see of it. inFAMOUS Second Son: First Light DLC I think this is a good Idea, outside of that the Grim Fandango Remaster and Let it Die are the only games that have stuck with me from this conference and that's mostly because Tim and SUDA are my Favorite Developers. I am most likely going to get a Playstation TV to play Vita Games, Don't care about Playstation Now and Yay Ratchet and Clank Movie.

Nintendo- compared to everything else this was a Falcon Punch to the Face. I'm probably going to get all the games they showed off and I thought it was great how they didn't announce everything at once giving you something to look forward to each day and I loved the Robot Chicken sketches they had in the Digital Eventand Goddamnit we need a Smash Brothers anime Series NOW. my only real complaint is a nickpick that Pacman is in Smash...sorry I was in the Lloyd Irving for smash camp. call me Bias if you must but Nintendo was the best this Year, Oh and they actually have games coming out this year

other games that I Know were at E3 I know I'm going to get
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Persona Q
Guilty Gear Xrd

Warmsignal

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2014, 01:19:05 pm »
I came up with the idea of a retail game staring Toad months ago, and what do you know? You're welcome. I guess I should share credit with Kamikaze. Actually pretty excited for it. That's like the highlight of E3 for me.

People don't care about Mario, they buy the games for Toad! :P

Did you hear? That Toad explorer minigame that was in the 3D Mario games? Apparently it was so well received, they are gonna do more with him! SO MUCH HYPE!

:D

For real, that guy is underrated. He deserves his own chance in the spotlight, not to be some afterthought in the script of that narcissistic plumber. Toad Adventures U, I'm calling it right now. That just might move some consoles.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 01:23:02 pm by Warmsignal »