Author Topic: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28485 times)

argyle

Re: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2014, 02:02:49 am »
Not really a great day for me as far as thrift shopping, but I did take advantage of the Best Buy sale and Buy 2 get 1 free at Gamestop:

What b2g1?   ???

Best Buy had a Buy 2 get 1 Free that ended on the 26th for select 3DS Titles.  The games were Pokemon X and Y, Zelda, a Kirby game and Tomadatchi Life.  I checked 3 Best Buys and almost all were out of most of those games except for the Pokemon games so I grabbed them.  You didnt know about the sale?

Nono, you're talking about the b1g1 at Best Buy, I knew about that.  I'm talking about the b2g1 you mentioned at Gamestop.  I know they've been printing out b2g1 coupons on receipts, but those aren't good until next week - is there another GS sale running I don't know about?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2014, 02:51:19 am »
My sister just finished crocheting this Tonberry plushie for me. Its huge too! Now to find a good spot in the game room for it.

I want one of those!!!! Tonberry is so awesome.

90snostalga

« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2014, 03:46:53 am »
Not really a great day for me as far as thrift shopping, but I did take advantage of the Best Buy sale and Buy 2 get 1 free at Gamestop:

What b2g1?   ???

Best Buy had a Buy 2 get 1 Free that ended on the 26th for select 3DS Titles.  The games were Pokemon X and Y, Zelda, a Kirby game and Tomadatchi Life.  I checked 3 Best Buys and almost all were out of most of those games except for the Pokemon games so I grabbed them.  You didnt know about the sale?

Nono, you're talking about the b1g1 at Best Buy, I knew about that.  I'm talking about the b2g1 you mentioned at Gamestop.  I know they've been printing out b2g1 coupons on receipts, but those aren't good until next week - is there another GS sale running I don't know about?

Oh sorry.  I dont think its all Gamestop stores because the one down the street from me didnt have it, but I went to a different store about 1 hour away and they happened to have Wii games buy 2 get 1 free.  Wii and DS games only.

spac316

« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2014, 03:47:32 am »
My recent pick ups.
  • Galaxy Force II and Shining Force for Genesis
    WCW vs. The World for PS1
    Clay Fighter 63 1/3 for N64
    Street Fighter III Double Impact for Dreamcast

Nice finds. That WCW vs. The World sucks balls. My friend bought back when it was new. We were huge wrestling fans back then and were tickled to get a sweet WCW game. It was pretty bad. The Giant / Paul White has this massive Afro. It's funny and awful at the same time.

Now that Street Fighter III, it's one of the last Dreamcast games I'm looking for.
Yeah, WCW vs. is not that great of a game. At least it was $6.
I used to have SFIII 3rd Strike for DC but foolishly traded it in because I got the XBox(used to anyway) and PS2 versions. Oh well, it was recently re-released for XBox 360 and PS3 not to long ago.
Shining Force is another one I foolishly traded as well in the past. Had to bite the bullet for that copy...but I'm glad to have it once again.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2014, 07:11:47 am »
Sweet plushie Scott!

Why no butcher's knife  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2014, 12:28:24 pm »
My recent pick ups.
  • Galaxy Force II and Shining Force for Genesis
    WCW vs. The World for PS1
    Clay Fighter 63 1/3 for N64
    Street Fighter III Double Impact for Dreamcast

Nice finds. That WCW vs. The World sucks balls. My friend bought back when it was new. We were huge wrestling fans back then and were tickled to get a sweet WCW game. It was pretty bad. The Giant / Paul White has this massive Afro. It's funny and awful at the same time.

Now that Street Fighter III, it's one of the last Dreamcast games I'm looking for.
Yeah, WCW vs. is not that great of a game. At least it was $6.
I used to have SFIII 3rd Strike for DC but foolishly traded it in because I got the XBox(used to anyway) and PS2 versions. Oh well, it was recently re-released for XBox 360 and PS3 not to long ago.
Shining Force is another one I foolishly traded as well in the past. Had to bite the bullet for that copy...but I'm glad to have it once again.

And no mention of Galaxy Force II? Criminally underrated game. It's part of that Space Harrier-clone genre, whatever the heck it's called. But it's better than Space Harrier, IMO. It has a more sci-fi theme to it all, and as a result the levels and enemies are a lot more interesting. And it has a cool soundtrack.

foxhack

« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2014, 03:57:41 pm »
Sweet plushie Scott!

He IS holding a butcher's knife. It's just crotcheted, too.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2014, 04:01:35 pm »
Sweet plushie Scott!

I'm seeing the Lantern -but- not so much on the butcher's knife   ::)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2014, 04:36:57 pm »
Sweet plushie Scott!

The knife is in his right hand tho (his right, not our right). It's kinda hard to see without looking for it.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

spac316

« Reply #309 on: July 27, 2014, 06:04:47 pm »

And no mention of Galaxy Force II? Criminally underrated game. It's part of that Space Harrier-clone genre, whatever the heck it's called. But it's better than Space Harrier, IMO. It has a more sci-fi theme to it all, and as a result the levels and enemies are a lot more interesting. And it has a cool soundtrack.

Played it for the first time after bringing it home and yeah it's fun. Reminds me more of After Burner but in space.
Trying to beef up my Genesis collection right now.

As for CF 631/3, Now I have the CF trilogy complete. Unless I try to get CF:Sculptors cut, but that one is really expensive!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:07:51 pm by spac316 »

scott

« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2014, 06:58:03 pm »
Sweet plushie Scott!

The knife is in his right hand tho (his right, not our right). It's kinda hard to see without looking for it.

Ya he's holding the knife in his right hand. Admittedly, it's a bad picture too. My phone's camera has been being a piece of shit lately.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2014, 07:30:32 pm »
All digital games today, picked up a Wii Point Card while at K-Mart today:

BTW, I added Stonekeep: Bones of the Ancestors for WiiWare to the database:

http://vgcollect.com/item/65399
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:32:30 pm by burningdoom »

90snostalga

« Reply #312 on: July 28, 2014, 04:42:22 pm »
I used Gamestops buy 1 get 1 free under 20 bucks and got these three:

scott

« Reply #313 on: July 28, 2014, 06:57:05 pm »
Finally found a nice (and cheap) CIB copy of this PS2 gem. Gonna load it up after dinner. :D

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

maximo310

« Reply #314 on: July 28, 2014, 09:42:35 pm »
Found a game called Underwater attack for $5 at a store that specializes in english/japan stuff called book-off. Also got a motoi sakuraba concert cd for $2 and the first print of the final fantasy v: original sound version cib for $22.