Author Topic: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28474 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2014, 12:19:46 am »
So I went to a video game store yesterday that recently reopened after a fire that happenend at their old Location, and I was still able to find this much that I wanted from their limited stock (I also traded a few things so it kinda evened out) so for Trade+$15
and Doom 3 was  for $18 at GS
and Zelda 2 was an Ebay pickup for $12

That's an awesome haul!

spac316

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2014, 12:49:14 am »
I bought more games at a convention I attended, the same for the two previous games I mentioned.

I got Totally Rad  and 1943 for NES! Also, Breath of Fire II, Contra III and Soul Blazer for SNES, which will now make it my 100th game for the system!
Day 1

Day 2
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 03:10:27 am by spac316 »

karyann

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2014, 08:22:57 am »
Call of Juarez Gunslinger

An overlooked gem of a game.  Budget digital release or not, that's one of the best FPS games I've played in ages. 

After doing some research last night & discovering that the Wii U Skylanders portal *WILL* work with the PS3, I made another trip to TRU this afternoon:

Got the PS3 Giants portal owner's pack for $12.50, the tower display/storage case for $5, the Giants arena display thing for $7.50, 2 packs of Giants buttons for $1.25/each, the Wii U pro controller charger for $3 and the speaker dock for $3.50.  Oh, and 2 multi-packs of screen protectors that contain screen protectors for DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL/3DS/Vita for .20/each.  Tempted to go back & pretty much wipe them out of those, they could really come in handy when I'm cleaning up handhelds found in yard sales.

Urgh, you're reminding me that I forgot to go to TRU this week-end while I had the possibility!  :'(  That's a lot of great stuff!

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2014, 02:27:29 pm »
After buying a silver Gameboy Advance SP at the thrift shop today, I realized that I'm beginning a collection of these things as I already have the blue and red lol Only 5 more and I have the whole set of default colors! lol

blipcs76

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2014, 10:20:38 am »
After buying a silver Gameboy Advance SP at the thrift shop today, I realized that I'm beginning a collection of these things as I already have the blue and red lol Only 5 more and I have the whole set of default colors! lol

CAREFUL! That's a slippery slope :D  I never intended to collect different Gameboy models and colors, but after picking up a couple for next to nothing at garage sales, I found myself getting hooked on finding more and more of them in different colors and models.  I'm currently trying to track down a Dandelion yellow GBC to complete my 'basic' GBC set.  I'm not going after those odd ones like the Pikachu or Tommy Hilfiger models though.  I'm currently fighting the urge to collect the different colors of N64 systems.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2014, 03:11:18 pm »

Here's a list of the other 46 you need  ;D

http://www.consolecolors.com/nintendo.html#sp

I do love that site.

argyle

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2014, 03:15:43 pm »
Met a friend for lunch & he gave me an early b-day present.  For those of you who remember seeing my game room pics I posted a while back, this is the same friend who gave me the keyblade I have hanging on my wall.  ;) 

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2014, 03:19:18 pm »
That's pretty sweet, Greg...when is the B-Day?

Do you play chess, too?

Old-SkOOL; ARCHON FTW (and trip down Memory Lane); Baby!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:20:53 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2014, 03:23:05 pm »

Do you play chess, too?

It's the 24th.  I used to play chess a little, back in jr. high / high school.  I also used to play Archon.  ;) 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2014, 03:27:08 pm »

Do you play chess, too?

It's the 24th.  I used to play chess a little, back in jr. high / high school.  I also used to play Archon.  ;)

There was a mini-game (somewhere) in the PS2 game Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time that reminded me of Archon, because it had 'chess' pieces that would (Rock, Paper, Sciccors-style) battle it out with each other; does anyone else remember that?

argyle

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2014, 03:29:31 pm »

Do you play chess, too?

There was a mini-game (somewhere) in the PS2 game Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time that reminded me of Archon, because it had 'chess' pieces that would (Rock, Paper, Sciccors-style) battle it out with each other; does anyone else remember that?

I hated that game, so I think I've blocked most of it from my memory. :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2014, 03:31:53 pm »
It had ("Battle") Trophies B4 trophies were a big thing, though!

I Loved it's combat

-but-

not enought to 'save' the rest of the game, IMO.

foxhack

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2014, 08:42:14 pm »

Huh. This thing?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2014, 06:56:19 am »

Huh. This thing?

nah

that one came out in 2010 & the one we were talking about was on C64 or Apples & stuff...

argyle

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 07:16:34 am »

Huh. This thing?

nah

that one came out in 2010 & the one we were talking about was on C64 or Apples & stuff...

Yup, I played it on the C64.  Always felt good when someone initiated a fight that SHOULD have been a huge one-sided fight in their favor but you managed to pull it out.  :P