Author Topic: Club Nintendo platinum/gold reward 2014 are out  (Read 7127 times)

argyle

Re: Club Nintendo platinum/gold reward 2014 are out
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 11:53:40 am »
Yeeeaaahh, the more I think about it, the more irritated I get.  I feel like a contestant on Wheel of Fish:

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 11:55:06 am »
Well crap. I don't own a Wii U, and I already have all those games on 3DS or their original format. Except Wario Land II, which I'm not that interested in because Wario games are excruciatingly easy.

tpugmire

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 11:59:08 am »
You can always sell your download code and get yourself something you actually want.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 12:08:18 pm »
You can always sell your download code and get yourself something you actually want.

They give you a code? I would have thought it would be attached to your account.

argyle

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 12:32:39 pm »
There's a couple listed on ebay now for $30.  :o They're not SELLING at that price, obviously. :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:08 pm »
While it is disappointing, I'm not surprised at all. I've been saying that Club Nintendo (as we know it, anyway) seems to be going away. The only worthwhile regular rewards are downloads, and it's been that way for a long time. Now Gold and Platinum level rewards have followed suit.  I really don't expect any new physical rewards ever again, at least nothing anyone would actually want. I am curious to see what Japan got though, they always get way better stuff than us.
Yep, Japan always gets more/better stuff.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

maximo310

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 01:56:45 pm »
Why did they do this? All of the rewards are just digital game downloads, and their choices are mostly games that I'm not really interested in or already have. I wish they would have given at least an option for a physical reward or something, because these rewards were definitely not worth it this year, because it honestly feels like a waste to get all those points for something I could have gotten with regular money, not even some sort of exclusive release or something.

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 04:58:02 pm »
Pretty huge disappointment.  "Thanks for your loyalty, here's some older games we don't care if we give away because we couldn't be bothered to give you something exclusive like the years before!" At the very least they could've been newer digital games.  I guess I'll probably grab NES Remix, but this was a let down.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 07:49:07 pm »
It would be awesome if they just gave us credit to pick out our own game, rather than giving us a limited choice.

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 07:56:58 pm »
It would be awesome if they just gave us credit to pick out our own game, rather than giving us a limited choice.

Yeah give us 20 bucks to buy whatever we want on the store?  That would've been a little nicer.

And to prove Nintendo doesn't like us outside of Japan, Japan gets a cute little Yoshi plushie that you can just buy with points lol

http://www.destructoid.com/cute-yoshi-plush-added-to-club-nintendo-in-japan-278228.phtml

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 07:59:01 pm »

Yeah give us 20 bucks to buy whatever we want on the store?  That would've been a little nicer.

And to prove Nintendo doesn't like us outside of Japan, Japan gets a cute little Yoshi plushie that you can just buy with points lol

http://www.destructoid.com/cute-yoshi-plush-added-to-club-nintendo-in-japan-278228.phtml

i want that

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 08:02:28 pm »
first time at platinum and they give me a downloadable game.
not impressed :(
playstation do this every month with playstation plus.

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 08:10:07 pm »

Oh crap, right! I hadn't even thought of that in comparison to Playstation Plus and I think even Xbox Live now that basically give you games every month with the online service.  Pretty ridiculous as that's something you get for paying a few bucks a month and Nintendo's loyalty reward for buying their games months and maybe even splurging abit so they become Platinum, is something they could've bought at any point of time lol

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 08:15:45 pm »

Oh crap, right! I hadn't even thought of that in comparison to Playstation Plus and I think even Xbox Live now that basically give you games every month with the online service.  Pretty ridiculous as that's something you get for paying a few bucks a month and Nintendo's loyalty reward for buying their games months and maybe even splurging abit so they become Platinum, is something they could've bought at any point of time lol

why not a poster or a plush or one of the figures coming out.
i would have even been happy with a bonus character on mario kart that only platinum people can have. '
it just seems like they didnt want to bother with it this year. also it looks like the rewards is going as well :(

argyle

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 09:01:39 pm »

This makes me really angry.  If you click through from that article to the Japanese Club Nintendo site, they have a ton of cool stuff to choose from for just regular rewards - in addition to the awesome Yoshi plush there are soundtracks, what looks like at least one physical game, those DS cases that hold 18 games that they can't/won't keep in stock over here and other random stuff.  Meanwhile I've been stockpiling points for months because there is nothing worth spending them on.  Very lame, Nintendo.