Author Topic: Funny or messed up Public Transit stories  (Read 961 times)

Funny or messed up Public Transit stories
« on: July 13, 2014, 09:30:06 pm »
Post your strange tales of wonder on Public Transportation systems here.
Ground Rules: The experience must have happened to you personally. Keep it PG13 or under.

I went to Art Institute of Atlanta for 3 years (graduated 2011). The campus didn't have any housing so I ended up commuting a lot either by car or subway train; which in Atlanta is known as MARTA. For the first year I lived a ways south of the city and the school was just north of ATL (Sandy Springs).
During one of my daily commutes home on MARTA there was a young girl, no more than seven, and her father riding with me about three meters away. The two looked like a normal middle class family. The little girl began to complain to her dad that her chapped lips were bothering her. The father assured he'll give her some Chapstick when they arrive home.
Suddenly this rather dirty 70-something-year-old lady comes forward and tells the young girl "You can have some Chapstick, child." The girl puts up her hands in a defensive posture and says "I don't want it." The little girl was understandably scared of this creepy old woman; as would I be in her shoes. Her father quickly snaps back at the girl in a harsh tone, "You take that Chapstick girl." "-No! I don't want it."
So basically he forced his daughter to use a stranger's lipbaum/chapstick against her own wishes.

Re: Funny or messed up Public Transit stories
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 10:01:24 pm »
Post your strange tales of wonder on Public Transportation systems here.
Ground Rules: The experience must have happened to you personally. Keep it PG13 or under.

I went to Art Institute of Atlanta for 3 years (graduated 2011). The campus didn't have any housing so I ended up commuting a lot either by car or subway train; which in Atlanta is known as MARTA. For the first year I lived a ways south of the city and the school was just north of ATL (Sandy Springs).
During one of my daily commutes home on MARTA there was a young girl, no more than seven, and her father riding with me about three meters away. The two looked like a normal middle class family. The little girl began to complain to her dad that her chapped lips were bothering her. The father assured he'll give her some Chapstick when they arrive home.
Suddenly this rather dirty 70-something-year-old lady comes forward and tells the young girl "You can have some Chapstick, child." The girl puts up her hands in a defensive posture and says "I don't want it." The little girl was understandably scared of this creepy old woman; as would I be in her shoes. Her father quickly snaps back at the girl in a harsh tone, "You take that Chapstick girl." "-No! I don't want it."
So basically he forced his daughter to use a stranger's lipbaum/chapstick against her own wishes.
O god.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

maximo310

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 11:03:36 pm »
I've had a few experiences from taking the Big Blue Bus from Santa Monica to LAX that were just awful. A few times were spent dealing with drunks who would just get into fights with other passengers or people with devil bibles trying to convert people on the bus. The worst experience out of all of these, happened when I came back late to my house with some friends. On the bus, when we passed by Marina Del Rey, a terrible odor suddenly entered our area and we started to gag and cover our noses from the stench. A few stops later, a homeless guy that had been sitting near us rose quickly to get off at his stop. We noticed a discolored spot on the seat, and saw the guy had something weighing down his pants as he left, and we knew what had just happened. Since the bus was completely full at the time, we couldn't get away from the smell, and had to wait about 20 minutes before we could get off at our stop and breathe a sigh of relief.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 07:09:44 am »
Before turning 16 and having a drivers license and car, I used to have to take public transportation if I wanted to go downtown and hang out. Like most urban, city environments you have your fair share of homeless people, drug addicts, gang bangers and other interesting folks of that nature. So my friend and I were sitting at the bus stop waiting to head back to our part of town and there were three homeless guys sitting on the bend next to us at a bus depot that was as known as well for scoring drugs as it was catching the next bus. So they were talking about exchanging pot, which somehow resulted in my friend I was with getting involved in their conversation. Since the depot with in broad daylight and these guys were pulling out bags of weed like it was candy, my friend asked a pretty reasonable question to one of the guys, "aren't you guys afraid the cops are going to catch you doing that?" The guy he asked went into full blown paranoia and accused my friend, who was only about 15 mind you, of being an undercover cop and was scrambling to get all of his stuff together and get out of there as soon as possible. While this was happening my friend and I were just looking at each other like wtf?

karyann

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 03:54:20 pm »
I'll just quote part of another post of mine:

I took the subway to meet the seller. On the trip to the meeting, there were security agents in the wagons, which was unusual but I didn't wonder much about the purpose of their presence. When I came back, there was a creepy guy about 3 seats from me, with a wooden club that had many nails planted all around (the nails were sticking out, about 3 inches each). He was talking to himself while hitting regularly around him with the club, it was pretty creepy. He finally got off, then at the next station, there were cops EVERYWHERE, they stopped the subway and searched every wagon before letting us go. All in all, I don't know what happened, but damn that was weird and kinda frightening. Definitely the weirdest trip I made to buy a few games  :o

Other than that, I also saw a guy smoking pot inside the subway train, hiding his mouth behind his hand like we wouldn't know he was smoking if we didn't see it.  ::) It's a very closed space with lots of people, so it stunk as hell. Everybody (and I mean everybody) left the train at the nearest station. That guy included, I think he felt like he was being judged. Lol.

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 05:32:31 pm »
While on the metro in Madrid, my wife and I watched this dude stagger in behind us and sit. While hunched over, and holding on to the pole for dear life, he proceeded to empty the contents of this stomach all over the floor just after the subway doors had closed and the train had started to move. Everyone got up and packed into the adjacent subway cars. It was on a Wednesday at 11am.
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.