Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Imports  (Read 18154 times)

davifus

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Imports
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2014, 11:38:11 pm »
Added in a couple things I missed:
Shining Resonance (PS3) out on December 11th, 2014
Tales of Zestiria (PS3) rumored but not confirmed for January 22nd, 2015
I'm not sure how I managed to forget Tales of Zestiria, considering how long ago it was announced. Better late than never I guess. I wonder how long it'll be before we get this Tales game. With the recent history of the series, I wouldn't be surprised if we got it within a couple years. Not sure about Shining Resonance though.

*Edit: Just noticed Play Asia has North American and European copies of Tales of Zestiria up for preorder. Maybe I missed some big announcement? Has there been an official announcement for the localization of Zestiria? Anyone else hear about this yet?

Zesteria was the first Tales game to be announced for release in NA at the same time it was announced for Japan (note, it's not *coming out* at the same time, it was just announced that it is getting localized at the same time ;) ).  So yeah, it's already on my list.  :P

I hope that Shining game gets a US release too, but...it's published by Sega, right?  :(

Wait, so Zesteria [JP] has a release confirmation and [US] has a localization confirmation but no exact year?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2014, 11:48:12 pm »
Added in a couple things I missed:
Shining Resonance (PS3) out on December 11th, 2014
Tales of Zestiria (PS3) rumored but not confirmed for January 22nd, 2015
I'm not sure how I managed to forget Tales of Zestiria, considering how long ago it was announced. Better late than never I guess. I wonder how long it'll be before we get this Tales game. With the recent history of the series, I wouldn't be surprised if we got it within a couple years. Not sure about Shining Resonance though.

*Edit: Just noticed Play Asia has North American and European copies of Tales of Zestiria up for preorder. Maybe I missed some big announcement? Has there been an official announcement for the localization of Zestiria? Anyone else hear about this yet?

Zesteria was the first Tales game to be announced for release in NA at the same time it was announced for Japan (note, it's not *coming out* at the same time, it was just announced that it is getting localized at the same time ;) ).  So yeah, it's already on my list.  :P

I hope that Shining game gets a US release too, but...it's published by Sega, right?  :(

Wait, so Zesteria [JP] has a release confirmation and [US] has a localization confirmation but no exact year?

They haven't given a date, but it'll be out next year.  The Japanese version is apparently coming out early next year, and they've gone on record as saying that the time between the Japanese release & the US release is going to be much shorter than it has been in the past for Tales games. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2014, 12:36:02 am »
Davifus, a quick amiami question - I see they have the new reprint/reduced price Tales of Vesperia for PS3 listed but they don't tell you how much shipping costs will be.   :-\  How much is it generally to ship a game from Japan through them?

Amiami is the only JP shipper I use. Their shipping costs arent great but they arent horrible either. They are 100% reliable however.

davifus

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2014, 12:39:32 am »
Davifus, a quick amiami question - I see they have the new reprint/reduced price Tales of Vesperia for PS3 listed but they don't tell you how much shipping costs will be.   :-\  How much is it generally to ship a game from Japan through them?

Amiami is the only JP shipper I use. Their shipping costs arent great but they arent horrible either. They are 100% reliable however.

AmiAmi has the best price around hands down and they have more reasonable shipping than Play-Asia. 

abe

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2014, 07:40:06 pm »
Another new visual novel (that will probably never reach western shores) for the Vita! Captain Earth: Mind Labyrinth is a visual novel based off of the anime Captain Earth (sorry, it's got nothing to do with Captain Planet :'(). The game is due out in Japan on February 26th, 2015.
In other news, the 3DS version of Dragon Quest X released a couple days ago in Japan. I can't wait to never see this released in the west either. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

abe

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2014, 05:40:48 pm »
I've got a few new announcements to add to the post today:
Bokosuka Girls: Tatsunoko Gakuen Climax (PS Vita) releases in Spring 2015
Dragon Quest XI <--I'm a bit late on this one, and details are still scarce. I haven't heard about what it will release on or when.
Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting (PS3) releases on December 11th, 2014
Taiko Drum Master: Tokumori (WiiU) releases on November 20th, 2014

davifus

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2014, 05:46:30 pm »
Dragon Quest XI <--I'm a bit late on this one, and details are still scarce. I haven't heard about what it will release on or when.

Wow, Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting... I love that show. I'll wait for further updates rather than having an impulse buy.

abe

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2014, 05:32:26 pm »

Wow, Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting... I love that show. I'll wait for further updates rather than having an impulse buy.

Here's a new promotional video for the game if you want to check it out:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:45:39 pm by abe »

davifus

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2014, 06:29:38 pm »

uhhh The Hype... Looks pretty convincing

abe

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2014, 07:04:58 pm »

uhhh The Hype... Looks pretty convincing

I'm not even a fan of the series and I must say, it really does look like it could be pretty awesome. It would be nice to see an actual gameplay trailer though.

soera

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2014, 10:34:57 pm »

I cant wait to see if this actually comes to our region.

maximo310

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2014, 11:16:46 am »

I cant wait to see if this actually comes to our region.
"Fingers crossed" :-X

abe

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2014, 08:59:32 pm »
Sengoku Hime 5 has been announced for release on the PS3, 4, & Vita. The game is a mix of visual novel and strategy RPG. No word on a release date as of yet.

Not a whole lot of other news recently, though I am excited for TGS 2014. This year, Sega is supposed to be announcing a new Hatsune Miku project. From what I understand, it's separate from the Project Diva & Project Mirai series. I can't wait to see where they're going with this! :D

abe

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2014, 06:20:54 am »
Lots has happened over the past few days with the Tokyo Game Show, I've got lots to add now to the post to catch up. Hopefully I'll manage. :)

I'd like to point out first that Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Century has been announced for the PS Vita. ;D I'm particularly excited because it is very likely we'll see this one localized, given the history of the series.

argyle

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2014, 11:30:57 am »
Lots has happened over the past few days with the Tokyo Game Show, I've got lots to add now to the post to catch up. Hopefully I'll manage. :)

I'd like to point out first that Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Century has been announced for the PS Vita. ;D I'm particularly excited because it is very likely we'll see this one localized, given the history of the series.

I gotta admit, I'm *very* tempted to trade/sell my other 2 Nep games on the PS3 in favor of just getting the "upgraded" series - especially since I plan on getting a Playstation (Vita) TV at some point and will be able to play them on the big screen with a controller anyway.  Is there any reason this would be a bad idea?  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis