Author Topic: Was E.T really that bad?  (Read 4647 times)

kr2nist

Re: Was E.T really that bad?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 10:25:18 am »
I didn't like it growing up, but I didn't HATE it either. I hated Swordquest: Earthworld, *that* is a horrible game.

While I too was going to nominate Superman 64 as a universally hated game, I'll also agree to hating Swordquest: Earthworld.  (...thanks for jarring my memory there, Argyle.  LOL!)

Speaking of which, wasn't there another Swordquest game too?
kr2nist (old school gamer and very awesome cartoonist!)
Currently owned systems:  XBox 360, XBox One

abe

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 11:53:06 am »
I didn't like it growing up, but I didn't HATE it either. I hated Swordquest: Earthworld, *that* is a horrible game.

While I too was going to nominate Superman 64 as a universally hated game, I'll also agree to hating Swordquest: Earthworld.  (...thanks for jarring my memory there, Argyle.  LOL!)

Swordquest is actually a whole series. There's also Fireworld, Waterworld, and a fourth game in the series (which remains unreleased), Airworld.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

pacpix

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 10:06:13 pm »

Swordquest is actually a whole series. There's also Fireworld, Waterworld, and a fourth game in the series (which remains unreleased), Airworld.

The games themselves are disappointing, but I have always found the story/contest itself interesting.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

argyle

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 07:42:10 am »

The games themselves are disappointing, but I have always found the story/contest itself interesting.

Well sure, the only way they could get people to play them was to bribe them - and even that didn't work well enough for them to finish the series. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

pacpix

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 10:19:44 pm »

Well sure, the only way they could get people to play them was to bribe them - and even that didn't work well enough for them to finish the series. :P
Well I have never though of it that way haha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)