Author Topic: Games everyone hates but you love?  (Read 23473 times)

Re: Games everyone hates but you love?
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2016, 07:48:43 am »
I don't think I'd go as far as to say I "love" this game, but I enjoyed Alien Colonial Marines despite tons of bad reviews.

Agreed.  Not as bad as advertised but not as good as it should have been.

Blacksite Area 51.  It's just a fun mindless shooter that reminded me of shooters in the early years.  I had a lot of fun with that game, give it a look

rancesama

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2016, 06:24:26 pm »
Another one that I like that seems to get a lot of bad press is "Devil's Third" on the Wii U. This game is a broken masterpiece, but the online is fun, and the solo play (while nothing special) was enjoyable. I guess it's "cool" to hate on this game, but I keep finding myself going back for the multiplayer. Making a clan, building some bases, and playing some of the drill modes (which are basically, the online multiplayer modes). A lot of people hate on it and they haven't even played it. I love when people can't make their own opinion on a game, they just follow the masses ;D

There are plenty of modes to choose from, but some are broken. Mostly because the melee combat in the game is kind of laughable (roll dodge FTW!). They have been releasing a new mode every week since it came out on the Wii U, and this week the final mode comes out. If you enjoy online, third-person shooters, this one is a good time. I don't, however, suggest paying the inflated prices for the physical copy that can run you $100+. If you really want it, just buy it on the eShop.

If you got a Wii U and the game hit me up. I'm always looking for more people to play with.

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

dointhangs

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2016, 12:44:31 am »
Rogue Warrior

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2016, 01:46:30 pm »
I really like El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron but everyone either hates it or thinks it's a seriously mediocre game.

« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2016, 03:13:14 am »
Bionic Commando (2009). Nearly every BC fan hates this remake but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Also the Call of duty series cause you know, it's cool to hate popular things now.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2016, 11:44:16 am »
Bionic Commando (2009). Nearly every BC fan hates this remake but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Also the Call of duty series cause you know, it's cool to hate popular things now.

I loved the Bionic Commando XBox 360 game, and I fell in the love with the NES version back when NES was current. Both are excellent games.

I've to admit, though: Towards the end of the game when like the entire ground was radiation and you were constantly swinging; got pretty frustrating at times.

HarvestDude

« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2016, 04:45:26 pm »
I´d say Theme Park. I never met someone who actually like this game or dared to play more than a couple hours.

I really like the game design and simplicity, although i know he aged badly.

I´ve been hooked to the Nintendo DS version, since i think this is the best home console conversion. It lacks a detail or two compared to the original but even so its very good. But when i tell people i like this game everyone says "Theme What?" or just "what the f...?"

HarvestDude™

telly

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2016, 07:33:53 pm »
I´d say Theme Park. I never met someone who actually like this game or dared to play more than a couple hours.

I´ve been hooked to the Nintendo DS version, since i think this is the best home console conversion. It lacks a detail or two compared to the original but even so its very good. But when i tell people i like this game everyone says "Theme What?" or just "what the f...?"

HarvestDude™

I played that game a lot too! It's not bad at all. I was always annoyed how on the harder difficulties you had to do that lobbying minigame twice a fiscal year. Other than that it was fun to build stuff and certainly it being portable is a plus.  :)
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2016, 03:31:01 pm »

I can't speak for others, but the reason I don't like CoD is because I don't like the FPS genre at all. It has nothing to do with its popularity.

Warmsignal

« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2016, 03:54:35 pm »

HarvestDude™

Always wanted to like that game, don't hate it. It's just that it was hard to go back to after playing Roller Coaster Tycoon for years. RCT Was basically a more involved Theme Park that was not only on running the business but allowed for lots more creativity, and I was all about amusement parks as a kid. Never could get theme park to run correctly even on a Windows 98 machine. I own the Sega Saturn version, but have never really played much of it.

HarvestDude

« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2016, 11:57:13 pm »
Theme Park is a bit complicated game, both on gameplay and making it run on newer Windows versions.

It's good to see some people like it too, though!

From what i could see on youtube videos, the older console versions weren't as good as the original game or the DS version. The Super Nintendo and Mega Drive versions are just horrible. The Playstation and Saturn versions were way better and almost identical to the PC, although it seems terrible to design a park using a controller instead of a mouse. The DS has great flow and the menus are very appropriate to the stylus, which fitted like a glove to this game.

About running the original DOS PC-CD ROM on recent Windows, you gotta use the DOSBOX and make a few adjustments there so you can install and play it properly as it was running from an actual CD (while using a ISO from the original game). It´s a bit tricky but it works, at least on Windows 7.

About the gameplay, the game can be short or VERY long, depending on the game style (sandbox, sim, full) and difficulty level (easy, normal, hard). I'm playing it on the sandbox style and even so it's a very demanding game about taking care of the park. The objective is to create and manage a successful amusement park on several countries until you reach a certain money quota. If you choose the "full" style, 9 competitors with high level and the "hard" settings, you could spend months playing to finish the game!

Even so, if you pick more regular difficult levels, the game might be challenging and fun, if you have the patience to manage several parks, one after another.

HarvestDude™
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:00:12 am by HarvestDude »

Warmsignal

« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2016, 12:10:52 am »
Theme Park is a bit complicated game, both on gameplay and making it run on newer Windows versions.

It's good to see some people like it too, though!

From what i could see on youtube videos, the older console versions weren't as good as the original game or the DS version. The Super Nintendo and Mega Drive versions are just horrible. The Playstation and Saturn versions were way better and almost identical to the PC, although it seems terrible to design a park using a controller instead of a mouse. The DS has great flow and the menus are very appropriate to the stylus, which fitted like a glove to this game.

About running the original DOS PC-CD ROM on recent Windows, you gotta use the DOSBOX and make a few adjustments there so you can install and play it properly as it was running from an actual CD (while using a ISO from the original game). It´s a bit tricky but it works, at least on Windows 7.

About the gameplay, the game can be short or VERY long, depending on the game style (sandbox, sim, full) and difficulty level (easy, normal, hard). I'm playing it on the sandbox style and even so it's a very demanding game about taking care of the park. The objective is to create and manage a successful amusement park on several countries until you reach a certain money quota. If you choose the "full" style, 9 competitors with high level and the "hard" settings, you could spend months playing to finish the game!

Even so, if you pick more regular difficult levels, the game might be challenging and fun, if you have the patience to manage several parks, one after another.

HarvestDude™

Indeed. I also have the sequel known as Sim Theme Park in the US (Theme Park World elsewhere). I enjoyed that game quite a bit as well.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2016, 01:14:11 pm »
I wouldn't say I love it but I thought it was alright for it's time. Quest 64.

Badges

tripredacus

« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2016, 07:22:52 pm »
Sports games! I will always give them a shot. Baseball and hockey are my favorites. Basketball I don't often like the mechanics. I'm picky about golf ones. Wrestling is like a weird fighting game.

defthead

« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2016, 04:37:59 pm »
Knack on ps4! It's a solid brawler/platformer with tons of replay value and collectibles.

Agreed, really nice old school classic gameplay but too much hate from press and gamers.