Author Topic: What's a game that you have that you've never played?  (Read 2934 times)

Re: What's a game that you have that you've never played?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 11:38:02 pm »
I would say 80-90% has yet to be played... Although I noticed my son is starting to pick out the ones I haven't played and starting playing it himself.... My son is 7 and just started really getting into the ps2, xbox, and now nes... So the games that were just sitting waiting for me are now being played by him.

But one day I will be the person sitting in my game room enjoying every game I purchased. I don't care how long it takes I will play them all.  ;D

Warmsignal

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:25 am »
A lot. A lot were never even tested. Most of the games I've bought new are still sealed. I'll let you in on one of my more shameful secrets. I've never played a single game on my Wii U, and I have 5. I've only used it to web browse and make forum posts like this one.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:38:18 am by Warmsignal »

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 01:13:18 am »
If we are talking about as collectors, picking up whatever stuff we need for collection, even if we played it before back in the day...Most of my collection perhaps? 60% I would say.  Like I don't have a working Genesis or NES right now, maybe a dozen or so games there, I have an assortment of cheap PS3/360 stuff I grabbed, PS2/PS1 games I use to play that I wanted to have, but haven't sat down to play a lot of these games at all.  I'm generally fairly occupied by newer stuff I get, so alot of what I buy is for pure collection purposes.  It seems like lately, the only time I go to play retro stuff, it's at gamer meetups I've been going too such as beating Turtles in Time SNES for the first time last month and playing a rom of Little Samson last weekend.

Of games I just have never played before in any way, that stuff is much lower, maybe 20 to 30% I think.  At the moment my collection is generally more about collecting stuff I use to like or remember playing, so I don't keep alot of assorted random titles I might have grabbed at the Flea Market or Thrift Shop. I have some new stuff I haven't played yet like Twisted Metal and Ni No Kuni on PS3 along with the Ninja Gaiden game and Pikmin 3 on Wii U.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 12:21:55 pm »

I loved the first one. I just haven't gotten around to this one because I bought a bunch of PS1 JRPGs at the same time. Just haven't made it to this one, yet.

Next JRPG on my agenda is this guy, which I have played a demo of on a PSM disc and liked what I saw:

scott

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 12:45:02 pm »
I need Xenogears... Both to finish off my Xeno list and so I can play it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 11:46:55 pm »
*stares at collection

Uh. 75-80% here. Damn you Gaben.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 02:09:40 am »
The answer to this question could only depress me. 

Here's a somewhat more easily answered question: what one game have you owned the longest but have never played?

I'll have to research that one myself.  ;)

I've had the ICO & Shadow of Colossus HD collection for almost a year now and I haven't even opened it. The longer you wait to play a game, the easier it is for it to get buried away in your backlog and forgotten.

I am in the same boat with ICO. In fact. I've already beat SoC on the PS2. But for some reason when I bought the HD collection I jumped right into SoC and am in the process of beating the last boss. ICO still sits unplayed in spite of how awesome I've been told the game is.

I have no idea what's keeping me from firing it up. I'd say I have no time but that's not true. I just spent a week plowing through FF 1 for GBA! :)

jcalder8

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 03:33:39 am »
I think that I still need to play around 90% of my collection but I will say that I want to play:
Beyond Good & Evil
The Cave
Castle of Illusion

argyle

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 10:02:57 am »
I need Xenogears... Both to finish off my Xeno list and so I can play it.

Same here - then I need to actually play Xenosaga 2&3.  Those are probably 2 of the ones I've had the longest but have yet to play them, since I got both when they released...
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

scott

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 10:46:10 am »
Ya. I'm planning on starting up Xenosaga 1 once I'm done with Beyond Good & Evil. That series is one I've wanted to play through for a while and now that I have the games in hand, I just need to find the time.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 03:46:37 am »
Yeah Chrono Cross and Beyond Good and Evil are also in my why the hell have I not played this game already list too.

I even bought Beyond Good and Evil HD so I could have it but not play it.