Author Topic: Nintendo Collectable swapforce  (Read 1057 times)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Nintendo Collectable swapforce
« on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:17 am »
So whats up with those collectable kinda swapforce nintendo characters?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

abe

Re: Nintendo Collectable swapforce
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:34:26 am »
So whats up with those collectable kinda swapforce nintendo characters?

By "kinda swapforce", do you mean Amiibo? Or am I missing something here?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 12:22:40 pm »
Yes, I think your referring to Amiibo.

From what they've revealed so far it's more of a tack-on feature. Not quite as involved Skylanders or Disney Infinity. With that said there is room to do a "Toy-to-life" game in the future. The only example of their use so far is for the upcoming Super Smash Bros games. It has been revealed that there's going to be a small amount of customization to the standard playable characters. By syncing or connecting a statue with a game you can level up the figure as you play. For example if you connect a Mario figure to the system and you play as Mario in the game you'll build experience. That experience is saved to the figure directly. As you level up your statue it gives your character in the game more abilities or makes them stronger. From there you can transport that leveled up character to other systems or even different games all together. The first game to naively support Amiibo is Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. They announced that Mario Kart 8 will also take advantage of Amiibo in the future once these figures become available. To my knowledge they haven't specified how Amiibo statues will effect Mario Kart 8 yet.

I could be wrong on some points by from my readings that's how I understand it so far.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 12:51:36 pm »
Yes thats what i meant, Thanx
Hopefully there not overpriced :o
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 02:23:57 pm »
How about, you get a Amiibo in your happy meal?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 02:57:45 pm »
I dought they'll be that cheap. They'll probebly be 10 - 15 dollars.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 03:33:13 pm »
Yes, I think your referring to Amiibo.

From what they've revealed so far it's more of a tack-on feature. Not quite as involved Skylanders or Disney Infinity. With that said there is room to do a "Toy-to-life" game in the future. The only example of their use so far is for the upcoming Super Smash Bros games. It has been revealed that there's going to be a small amount of customization to the standard playable characters. By syncing or connecting a statue with a game you can level up the figure as you play. For example if you connect a Mario figure to the system and you play as Mario in the game you'll build experience. That experience is saved to the figure directly. As you level up your statue it gives your character in the game more abilities or makes them stronger. From there you can transport that leveled up character to other systems or even different games all together. The first game to naively support Amiibo is Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. They announced that Mario Kart 8 will also take advantage of Amiibo in the future once these figures become available. To my knowledge they haven't specified how Amiibo statues will effect Mario Kart 8 yet.

I could be wrong on some points by from my readings that's how I understand it so far.

I don't really get Skylanders or Disney Infinity.  Do you seriously have to buy the figure just to play as it in the game?  Those things seem really pricey. 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 05:05:17 pm »
I don't really get Skylanders or Disney Infinity.  Do you seriously have to buy the figure just to play as it in the game?  Those things seem really pricey.

You do have to buy each figure to use it in the game.  It's built for kids.  They get a toy and something like DLC each time Daddy buys them a character.  My son plays with his in and out of the game. 

The characters may seem a little pricey, but it's actually the most ingenious money maker in video games. 

First, they hit you for $70 or so for the Starter pack.  You get the game, a Portal, and 3 figures.  You can finish the game with just these figures, but who's going to do that?

About everytime we go to Walmart my son gets a little toy or movie or something like that.  I usually give him $10 to spend.  Guess what he gets?  You got it, Skylanders.  I really don't notice the money missing because I spent it anyway.  Next thing you know, you have $1000 tied up in one game.   

Thanks to Birthdays, Christmas, and the little bit of money I give The Boy to spend, we now have nearly all the commercially avaliable Skylanders and all of the Disney Infinity characters.