Author Topic: Buying a Wii U  (Read 866 times)

slipknotsam

Buying a Wii U
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:54:13 pm »
Hey Guys!

I decided to buy a Wii U soon, and I was wondering what options are in front of me. I am not particularly interested by the "Mario and Luigi Wii U Bundle'', and the ''Mario Kart 8'' bundle seems to be discontinued in Quebec, Canada, where I live. The ''Wind Waker HD bundle'' also seems to be discontinued, but even if it was available, it only includes the downloadable version of the game, am I right?

Do you guys know if a new bundle is to be expected soon? I assume that smash will eventually be bundled with a console, but I don't really want to wait until then. A Wii U bundled with a downloadable game doesn't interest me much, as I want the physical thing on my shelves, like many of you here I assume..  ;)

Let me know what you guys think would be the best option possible for my situation!

Thanks!
Now Playing:
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Catherine (PS3) - Working towards the platinum.
Ni No Kuni (PS3)

Speedrunning:
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES)

Re: Buying a Wii U
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 04:42:00 pm »
Hey Guys!

I decided to buy a Wii U soon, and I was wondering what options are in front of me. I am not particularly interested by the "Mario and Luigi Wii U Bundle'', and the ''Mario Kart 8'' bundle seems to be discontinued in Quebec, Canada, where I live. The ''Wind Waker HD bundle'' also seems to be discontinued, but even if it was available, it only includes the downloadable version of the game, am I right?

Do you guys know if a new bundle is to be expected soon? I assume that smash will eventually be bundled with a console, but I don't really want to wait until then. A Wii U bundled with a downloadable game doesn't interest me much, as I want the physical thing on my shelves, like many of you here I assume..  ;)

Let me know what you guys think would be the best option possible for my situation!

Thanks!

I'm sure there will be some new bundles before the holidays, bringing back Mario Kart 8 ones perhaps, most likely a huge Smash Bros Bundle, but that one will be in December.  I've heard people bring up Refurbished systems which are a lot cheaper, so you could buy one of them and then buy the game you want separately.  Then again, I don't know what is available to you in Canada.  Can you not find one online for Mario Kart 8? It seems weird to have discontinued a bundle like that after the game released only two months back.  Then again, the Mario Bros bundle isn't bad.  That's two games basically.

blipcs76

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 10:22:40 am »
Yeah, if I was buying one now I'd go refurb.  Nintendo sells them directly for $200 from what I understand.

slipknotsam

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 10:37:28 am »
Hey Guys!

Thanks!

I'm sure there will be some new bundles before the holidays, bringing back Mario Kart 8 ones perhaps, most likely a huge Smash Bros Bundle, but that one will be in December.  I've heard people bring up Refurbished systems which are a lot cheaper, so you could buy one of them and then buy the game you want separately.  Then again, I don't know what is available to you in Canada.  Can you not find one online for Mario Kart 8? It seems weird to have discontinued a bundle like that after the game released only two months back.  Then again, the Mario Bros bundle isn't bad.  That's two games basically.

Yeah, if I was buying one now I'd go refurb.  Nintendo sells them directly for $200 from what I understand.

I heard that option before as well, but I am king of nervous to order a refubrished system online. I don't like not being able to see the system before I buy it, and I would fear receiving a console which is not in brand new condition.

I heard from a podcast that two people who bought it refurb got them in mint condition, but I am still sceptical. Did any of you got any experience with that? Are you buying it from nintendo directly, or from a third party reseller?
Now Playing:
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Catherine (PS3) - Working towards the platinum.
Ni No Kuni (PS3)

Speedrunning:
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES)