Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 1760 times)

maximo310

Fallout 3
« on: November 26, 2014, 12:44:35 am »
I just got a copy of  the original regular edition of Fallout 3 for the Playstation 3 recently. I've been reading some reports of game-breaking glitches because of file size problems along with other glitches in the game, but I want to know how bad the glitches are compared to the Xbox 360 version, and if its worth just swapping it for the Xbox 360 version instead.

Re: Fallout 3
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 01:03:36 am »
I had no problems with the PS3 version of mine. Other than a few weird trophy bugs, but that's Bethesda for you.

argyle

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 01:30:17 am »
I played through it on the PS3 earlier this year - it was the GOTY edition, dunno if that makes a difference. Anyway, I didn't run into any significant issues.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 02:24:47 am »
I played through it on the PS3 earlier this year - it was the GOTY edition, dunno if that makes a difference. Anyway, I didn't run into any significant issues.

The GOTY edition just includes the DLC (which, might I add, is a really good thing; having later versions with the DLC included on-disc for when the servers eventually go down).

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 11:04:25 am »
The original Fallout 3 on PS3 should be fine. The only one you have to worry about is New Vegas, but that will be shit no matter what platform you play on.

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 03:09:10 pm »
The original Fallout 3 on PS3 should be fine. The only one you have to worry about is New Vegas, but that will be shit no matter what platform you play on.
So I'm guessing that Fallout New Vegas has way more problems than the previous games, so I should probably avoid the game unless I can get it cheap for a platform that's not PS3.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 03:27:42 pm »
I never really noticed any problems with New Vegas on the PS3 either. In fact, it performed better than Fallout 3, really.

But if you're calling New Vegas shit, or even just worse than Fallout 3... then you've wandered into the wrong territory entirely. AVE, TRUE TO CAESAR

maximo310

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 04:28:31 pm »
I never really noticed any problems with New Vegas on the PS3 either. In fact, it performed better than Fallout 3, really.

But if you're calling New Vegas shit, or even just worse than Fallout 3... then you've wandered into the wrong territory entirely. AVE, TRUE TO CAESAR
They're both good games from what I've played so far; I'm only trying to figure out which platform will give me the least amount of technical problems, since I've heard that especially for New Vegas on PS3, there was a huge save bug where it screws up your files and gameplay if the data size exceeds 10mb or so, along with other stuff. I've heard some people making a huge stink about, while others say its not a big problem, so maybe it just depends on my experience and being careful with saving while going through the game. I'll see how it works out if I pick up New Vegas in the future.

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 04:33:40 pm »
I've never had a save file larger than like, 4MB or so. I saved often on my first New Vegas run, and I remember seeing stuff like 4560 KB, 4380 KB, etc each time. So I think it's safe to say you'll never encounter that. It might be an optimization thing, but if you patch it, it should be okay. I've never experienced it unpatched, though.

davifus

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 05:59:55 pm »
Fallout 3> New Vegas

Esp. in the music.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 07:10:39 pm »
Fallout 3> New Vegas

Esp. in the music.

Too bad the storytelling and plot choices are infinitely more interesting in New Vegas. The small soundtracks in both games does not a verdict make.

davifus

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 07:41:41 pm »
Fallout 3> New Vegas

Esp. in the music.

Too bad the storytelling and plot choices are infinitely more interesting in New Vegas. The small soundtracks in both games does not a verdict make.

Sure, Fallout 3 didn't have the superior plot but it doesn't make NV any better because it was mediocre at best.

NV always felt like a Fallout 3.5 to me.

I didn't say the music makes up the whole reason why Fallout 3 is better than NV.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 08:44:13 pm »
Fallout 3> New Vegas

Esp. in the music.

I have to agree on that. New Vegas is definitely my favorite of the two.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 03:49:17 am »
I am playing the PC version with graphics and other mods, it looks and works fantastic in 1080p on max settings and my PC is almost 6 years old  :P