Author Topic: MetalJesus makes video of game cataloging...  (Read 4516 times)

deftommo

Re: MetalJesus makes video of game cataloging...
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2014, 11:57:21 pm »
His video is how I heard about the site. Just finished my (small) collection today!

abe

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 12:17:43 am »
His video is how I heard about the site. Just finished my (small) collection today!

Welcome to VGCollect!
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Warmsignal

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 12:29:15 am »
I finally watched his video. Of course I have to agree with the search issue, but I used to have the same problem with RF Generation. You would search the correct name with no results. What is it about built in search functions? Why do they only find exact entries and cannot suggest similar results?

Another one he didn't mention is an Android app called VG Collection Tracker, which reminds me of the VG Collect site version only on mobile. It retrieves cover arts through Google Image Search. You can also input completion / hours played, etc, and give each game a personal rating. It's a good app for free, but like Metal mentioned about the iPhone app, apps are pain to work with when they're this complex and time consuming.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:34:04 am by Warmsignal »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 02:48:46 am »
I was watching the video from metal jesus and start judge all the pages he mention myself, and this is the best of all (at least the best free).

I can finally made a list of all my games + a wish list for the ones i want, so don´t be rude to metal jesus anyone can make a mistake and he give the site free publicy so we all won.

P.D: starting tomorrow to update all my collection, so exciting!!

Welcome to the site. :)

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 11:14:44 pm »
I like how he doesn't know what he's talking about. He said our site seems to get its info from Amazon so there's not many vintage PC or Japanese titles. BEEZT, Wrong.

My biggest problem with Metal Jesus (and the reason why I eventually unsubbed to him) is because he doesn't seem to know that much about gaming. He compensate for his lack of knowledge about games, especially consoles and handheld games, by having guests on his show that know leagues more then he does. He seems like a cool guy, but he seems highly under qualified to discuss "hidden gems" and other games of that nature when he doesn't seem to know that much about the games in the first place. I think he should focus on PC gaming since that seems to be his forte.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:16:35 pm by bikingjahuty »