Author Topic: Add Humble Bundle Category Under PC / New Edit System  (Read 882 times)

Add Humble Bundle Category Under PC / New Edit System
« on: September 26, 2014, 11:36:31 am »
Every single game in my PC - Digital [NA] category comes from my DRM free library on the Humble Bundle. I'm not sure what other websites give out DRM free games but Humble Bundle seem to be one of the largest of the market.
I would be 100% willing to edit all my games in PC - Digital [NA] into the new category  as well as give new front covers based on the icon displayed in the Humble Bundle library.
Again, I understand how having that many edits would be an inconvenience to moderators which is why once again I insist on creating a new system were trusted users can approve edits. This idea has been discussed in other threads and is still open to debate.
Cheers

desocietas

Re: Add Humble Bundle Category Under PC / New Edit System
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:21:15 pm »
I was under the assumption that PC-Digital *was* the DRM-free stuff.  Green Man Gaming also does DRM-free digital titles.

We separated out Steam because it's DRM as well as a few other vendors, but this is really Foxhack's territory :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 08:50:13 pm »
Every single game in my PC - Digital [NA] category comes from my DRM free library on the Humble Bundle. I'm not sure what other websites give out DRM free games but Humble Bundle seem to be one of the largest of the market.
I would be 100% willing to edit all my games in PC - Digital [NA] into the new category  as well as give new front covers based on the icon displayed in the Humble Bundle library.
Again, I understand how having that many edits would be an inconvenience to moderators which is why once again I insist on creating a new system were trusted users can approve edits. This idea has been discussed in other threads and is still open to debate.
Cheers

PC Digital is for all sorts of digital PC games; a Humble DRM free version is literally no different than a version sold at another DRM free storefront, like Desura.

We made exceptions for Steam because of the sheer amount of available games, and GOG because of the bonus content that is usually not included when buying the game at other stores (wallpapers, soundtracks, bonus games, documentaries, etc.) Origin didn't get a category assigned because the client is a download manager for the majority of the games that are sold or can be activated there. GFWL didn't because it was a DRM scheme first, and a store last.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 12:31:06 am »
Alright that's fair enough. Maybe to avoid confusion you could change the title to PC - DRM Free or something but I understand now.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 01:06:39 am »
PC - DRM free wouldn't work either because it sounds like PC-Digital is just more of a catch-all for any PC games you may have do not have retail packaging.  It'd include the GFWL and Origin titles (which do have DRM).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 11:02:27 am »
Alright that's fair enough. Maybe to avoid confusion you could change the title to PC - DRM Free or something but I understand now.

It's meant to be a full category for everything from DRM Free to "this is an MMORPG that needs to be connected all the time."

If you want to tag games as DRM free, the notes are a good place to do so. I do that to list where I got the games themselves and if they have any DRM.