Author Topic: Trying to add items, adds a title of 0 with no info.  (Read 907 times)

Trying to add items, adds a title of 0 with no info.
« on: September 27, 2014, 09:50:34 pm »
Hey!!!
I've been trying to add some UMD movies to the database and it's bugging out on me.
I add the front, and rear cover art, and as much other information that I have, and hit submit.

It then create an entry, but it is blank named 0.

I tried to add another item, the E-shop download of Hyrule Warrior and it added correctly.

Any help on this?

foxhack

Re: Trying to add items, adds a title of 0 with no info.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:20:36 pm »
Try submitting the item without any artwork. If it works, then submit the artwork as corrections.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 10:36:40 pm »
It said SUCCESS!!!!!!
It is submitted for review.

what a pain.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 10:39:31 pm »
Another thing - when you add movies, add the title exactly as it is. Do not substitute the ampersand ( & ) for "And", and don't forget other punctuation like the semicolon.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 11:26:40 pm »
Oh yes!!
I am very OCD about mixing up and & ; and :

I added about 12 just now, I'll put the cover art up tomorrow, it's late.....

matt

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 01:13:32 pm »
Fox - is this something you think you can replicate? It may have something to do with super large image files...

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 01:43:26 pm »
Fox - is this something you think you can replicate? It may have something to do with super large image files...

Me? No. Not on my connection. :p But a few people have thrown around the idea that the site timing out was what caused the 0 entries, so I figured asking him to submit an entry without images might do the trick and get around the bug.

In my experience, really large files are the ones that get corrupted and turn into black boxes. But it might be an issue here, too.

madducky submitted the images as corrections and they went through just fine.