Author Topic: Please help to identify a Colecovision variation.  (Read 1057 times)

Please help to identify a Colecovision variation.
« on: October 06, 2014, 11:31:05 pm »
I am new to the hobby but recently decided to collect from all the main consoles of the 80's.  I started this as I have a teenage son who is into games as I was/am and thought it would be a cool father son thing to do.  I recently ran across a storage unit for sale that was previously owned by an old game store that closed down in the mid. 90's that was just full of new and used console games.  I thought this would be a great way to get the collection started so I bought it.

I came across a Colecovision Donkey Kong that I have never seen before.  Most of the Donkey Kong games I have come across were in sealed boxes but I have a few CBS versions in clamshell cases and they are shrink wrapped.  The case itself is RED and the label on the clamshell has a gray background.  I have about 6 of these and one of them are in pretty rough shape while the rest are pretty nice.  Does anyone know the deal on this box variation? Do I need to open the one that is in rough shape to inspect what is inside, will that help determine what it is?

I have heard it's Australian, A rental copy etc. but nobody knows for sure.  Any help would be appreciated.

thecrypticodor

Re: Please help to identify a Colecovision variation.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:10:27 am »
??? Never heard of any Clam shell/Rental variation. You'd probably have much better luck asking this on the dedicated ColecoVision sub forum on AtariAge.
http://atariage.com/forums/forum/115-colecovision-adam/

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 12:35:01 am »
I will do that as well, hopefully one of the two places can help.

Thank You!!!

byron

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 12:38:58 am »
I recently ran across a storage unit for sale that was previously owned by an old game store that closed down in the mid. 90's that was just full of new and used console games

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 02:07:07 am »
LOL  That was funny - I just got slammed on the other forum for the same thing....  Be gentile, I mentioned I was a noob.

I have pics of the crappy one as I left the others in the storage box so they wouldn't get handled.   They are all exactly like this except this one is beat up.

byron