Author Topic: Metroid Prime 3D coming for 3DS, along with a Metroid Prime-themed 3DS  (Read 1482 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Using the stylus on Metroid Prime could be very cool.

desocietas

Re: Metroid Prime 3D coming for 3DS, along with a Metroid Prime-themed 3DS
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 05:12:25 pm »
dang that's a sweet looking 3DS, but I'm annoyed that they're releasing so many of these variations when I'm anxiously awaiting the *new* 3DS.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 05:14:49 pm »
dang that's a sweet looking 3DS, but I'm annoyed that they're releasing so many of these variations when I'm anxiously awaiting the *new* 3DS.

Same here, but the Metroid fanatic in me really wants it. :-\ Any word on release date?

EDIT: Actually, everything I'm seeing looks like that is a fake someone made. There are rumors that Metroid Prime is being ported to the 3DS, but no word of a system & nothing official as far as I can tell.  I imagine the first we'll hear of anything official about the game will be in a Nintendo Direct.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:30:14 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 05:57:46 pm »
Sweet! I'll definitely pick up the game anyways. Funny enough I haven't played through the whole game.

While touch-aiming would be a nice option I really hope it's not forced. I really really disliked the set up on Metroid Prime Hunters because other than the directional pad you only have the L button for input because your right hand was holding a stylus. (Or left if your a lefty.) Maybe some compatibility with the *New* 3DS C-stick?

Btw where did you find this news?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:01:36 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 06:14:37 pm »
Got a link?  Seems fake to me mostly because I would think they'd start to be pushing for the New 3DS now.  I can't find anything on this either over at like Neogaf.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 07:09:37 pm »
I don't have a link. I saw it in my Facebook feed while I was at work today. I can't find it, now. I saw it on a post by Retro Gamer. They're usually pretty reliable.

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 07:32:55 pm »
Fake apparently - https://twitter.com/RogersBase/status/451090888098590720

Was posted on April 1st :(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 07:38:07 pm »
Man, why? Why would a company "April Fools" us with a product that we'd all actually want?! Make it, then take our money. Everyone is happy!

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 07:55:15 pm »
I doubt it was done by Nintendo  :P I think it was this site that did it.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 01:41:30 pm »
I do not believe this is real, besides the notions that it is noted to not be real.  This would be a rather big deal and on the front page of nearly every gaming site if true. 

If it happened, I'd suspect Prime would come to the New 3DS, as those games handily put the GameCube and Wii through their paces, and  even Prime 1 might be too robust for the regular 3DS models.