Author Topic: Amiibo Wanted/Trade Thread  (Read 12823 times)

heavengeance

Re: Amiibo Wanted/Trade Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 04:21:15 am »
Yeah US account, just got to live with having a few European boxes.

Can't wait until the rest of my Wave 2 order ships from Amazon, and Wave 3 starts to settle down. I hope by Wave 4 they figure out all the stock issues. I want to be able to relax and get away from this.

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 04:36:45 am »
Yeah I'll try to order all of wave 4 on amazon immediately upon its posting. It's the retail exclusives that are driving me up the wall. I'll lose all sanity if my Rosalina miracle preorder dissolves into the mist too.
Bayleef Forever.

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 07:43:49 am »
Lucario is up for preorder as of 7:43am Eastern time

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

On the topic of pre-orders, I strongly recommend Gamestop's online preordering.
You can pre-order online without having to make a deposit, AND you can pay it off in the store like normal, so you're not throwing $100+ in one sitting.

I currently have on pre-order:
3x Shulk
3x Sonic
2x Mega Man
2x Ike
1x Bowser
1x Shiek
2x Toon Link
1x King Dedede

I also have preorder for Meta Knight at best buy, but I don't reccomend you pre-order online as you'll have a hold charge on your account until it releases. I had to put $5 down on a Meta Knight (which I pre-ordered 3)

After the crap I went through at my local Toys R Us (from not knowing anything about their own product to not honoring a discount), I would never recommend pre-ordering from Toys R Us. Nothing but bad experience from my Legacy Megazord, to my Legacy Titanus, and at least 2 games. Not to mention they charge $1 more than everyone else.

Lucario is the exception

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 07:50:03 am by saviourgundam »

soera

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 10:33:11 am »
Im basically done with this Amiibo thing. I have my ones on pre-order at Gamestop (Shulk, Pit, Mega man, Ike, Sheik, Toon Link) and thats all I care about. I do have a current pre-order still open for Meta knight at Best buy but if it cancels, Im not going to care in the slightest. I can not understand why NOA didnt realize that these things were going to be popular. My guess is their customer service lately has been blowing up on a daily basis with people complaining about the way these Amiibos have been handled. And honestly, I dont blame the people complaining. Skylanders and Infinity has been done almost perfect right out of the gate. NOA had years to research this and plan it and they fuck it up immediately.

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2014, 10:34:42 am »
Lucario is now down from toys r us site entirely. And now target has informed me that I won't be receiving diddy Kong. Does ANYONE  have an extra they'd be willing to sell? I'll pay more than retail, just want to avoid ebay scalper prices :/
Bayleef Forever.

heavengeance

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2014, 12:50:02 pm »
Usually the hold charges for preorders last a few days, it isn't all that bad. But yeah this preorder experience from Toys R Us has been terrible and they tempted me with the B1G40%. I really wasn't going to get them all but then I had so few gaps, it seemed worth it at the time.

I'm pretty close to done, I'll wait until Nintendo decides to reprint, I won't hold my breathe but It seems reasonable to believe with the high demand they just have to reprint. I just wish I had more confidence in Nintendo to reprint.

Wish I had more Diddy, My single Diddy is still in transit, so who knows if it's even a Diddy it came from Toys R Us after all. I didn't prepare for this type of situation. I doubt most people did, I'll check the stores nearby but I doubt there will be anything left, those places have already been ravaged.

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2014, 02:53:29 pm »
Not sure if they are still up, but Toys R Us had Lucario preorders up on their Ebay store (however, I just checked and they're not up anymore), but I managed to buy one so we'll see if this actually ends up working out. At this point, I have 0 confidence in Toys R Us after they cancelled my original Lucario preorder, but I thought I'd take a chance and see if they deliver since they're under EBay's consumer policies and protection.

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2014, 02:54:49 pm »
A couple new things have come to light, but there's still a lot to figure out and several parties need to come forward with better explanations.

First off, Rosalina will no longer be available for preorder from Target. Not because they sold out, however, but because the preorders came in so fervently they were afraid of it breaking their system and forcing them to basically pull what Toys R Us did. Instead, they will be stocking their stores with everything they were planning to sell as preorders (though every model sold through the tiny preorder windows will be fulfilled, luckily).
Source: http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2014/12/19/targets-official-statement-on-rosalina/

Secondly, a TRU employee, misinformed or not, told someone on facebook that an official email response will be coming with instructions on how to resolve the canceled orders. Not sure if that'll be the models we're looking for or store credit, but it's something.
Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/s/243991-toys-r-us-working-to-correct-amiibo-cancellations

It's very easy to see why so many people are getting fed up. Though honestly part of me loves this crazy shit. It's what makes being a collector so exciting. Once you remove emotion from the situation it turns from a situation of anger and disappointment to one of continued calculation. I actually sort of appreciate having to work a bit for these, I'm sure this is what Star Wars action figure collectors have been feeling for decades. I'm sure many will disagree, which is absolutely fair. It sucks to feel cheated.
Bayleef Forever.

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2014, 01:10:50 am »
So are they saying that I pretty much need to take my chances on Feb 1st and hope the store has some in stock?

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2014, 01:39:28 am »
So are they saying that I pretty much need to take my chances on Feb 1st and hope the store has some in stock?

There's a new official statement from Toys R Us, but so far the situation's still shrouded in some mystery.
Source: http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2014/12/19/toys-r-us-official-statement-on-lucario-amiibo-pre-order/

"We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused pertaining to customers’ amiibo pre-orders. Please know that we are working on an email communication to all customers effected, which will provide instructions on how we plan to fulfill their order. We thank you for your patience as we work to remedy this situation and ensure our customers receive the products ordered."
Bayleef Forever.

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 03:19:17 am »

There's a new official statement from Toys R Us, but so far the situation's still shrouded in some mystery.
Source: http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2014/12/19/toys-r-us-official-statement-on-lucario-amiibo-pre-order/

"We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused pertaining to customers’ amiibo pre-orders. Please know that we are working on an email communication to all customers effected, which will provide instructions on how we plan to fulfill their order. We thank you for your patience as we work to remedy this situation and ensure our customers receive the products ordered."

Oh no, not TRU, to hell with TRU, they've caused me nothing but grief in the past. If the cancel this pre-order on me they can forget any future business. I was referring to Rosalina.

While I'm at it, does anyone know where i can preorder the japanese Rosalina?

Also, when i'm out shopping Tuesday, I'll look for spare Diddy Kongs, unless you want a Diddy Kong from the french site.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:00:20 am by saviourgundam »

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2014, 04:03:56 am »
Basically yes. Though since there are probably very, very few preorders, I'm going to assume they might end up being fairly common, at least on launch day.

I'll recommend what was recommended to me for Lucario. Order a European version off of french Amazon. It costs about double what it costs in the US (~$30). They are currently in stock, and you just log in with your American account.
http://www.amazon.fr/Amiibo-Super-Smash-Bros-Harmonie/dp/B00Q6A56C0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419065953&sr=8-1&keywords=amiibo

If you're set on a Japanese version, get it on Play-Asia. Those are around the same price ($20 for amiibo, $10 for international shipping from Hong Kong). However, the listing won't currently let you buy. They seem to be waiting to see if they get more stock.
http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-rosetta-chiko-paOS-13-49-en-70-8dll.html
Bayleef Forever.

heavengeance

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2014, 03:53:10 pm »
Amazon France is better if you're ordering more than a single amiibo. For both Rosalina & Lucario it was $39, $19 each + whatever the the bank fee is.

For Japanese Amiibos you can also try Nippon-Yasan haven't personally used them but it seems pretty safe, was considering importing a LE 3DS from there. They have amiibos for around $12 but with 2-3 day shipping from FedEx it'll be roughly the same as Play-Asia. However shipping gets cheaper the more you order. However same situation as Play-Asia they're waiting on more stock it seems for Rosalina & Lucario.
https://www.nippon-yasan.com

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2014, 09:11:37 pm »
Has anyone spotted Pit yet in a store? There are a few on Ebay, but not enough to suggest they're out there all over the place yet.

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2014, 10:30:44 pm »
I dunno, my best buy preorder still has the pick up date as the 30th
Bayleef Forever.