Author Topic: What's the most annoying thing in your collection to store?  (Read 7117 times)

Warmsignal

Re: What's the most annoying thing in your collection to store?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2014, 02:28:58 am »
To me, it is oversized LE game boxes. I only have so much display room, so the rest of these bulky size disproportionate things get stuffed where ever they might fit. This is why is try to avoid LE versions. They're too disruptive to flow of standard editions, and I don't have much room to display them elsewhere.

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2014, 11:29:48 am »
guitar hero drum set

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2014, 01:30:51 am »
Since I don't have any GH/Rockband Stuff I'd have to say big box PC games. While we all cant be LGR and have a PC dedicated room those things are a huge pain in the ass to store. Can't have em nice on a shelf because each one is different sized and there really is no good way to display them.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2014, 11:29:11 am »
Aside from the obvious (boxes like the Skyrim LE, the dragon that came w/ it - if one's not inclined to displaying it, and my 6 Giclees),

Hand Down,

it's strategy guides :-\
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

theflea

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2014, 06:22:16 pm »
I used to live is a small apartment where my whole living room was my game room, but I out grew that 5 years ago. lol
So I finally made the leap and bought a house and now my finished basement houses my collection beautiful.
But I agree with most people the most annoying are magazines, strategy guides, guitar hero/rock band stuff & CE that have big boxes. I also have a NES Miracle Piano CIB that takes up space.
This is why i don't get into promo standie collecting, its the one thing i see other collectors having the hardest time storing or displaying.     
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 07:12:03 pm »
The major problem is space, not just for the games but I collect movies, books, and some magazines too, still need space for bed in a minuscule room. haha
Same, except my magazines are digital now.

Definitely need to sell some items, especially ones in my Sell List, if I want more space.

They sell Magazine-size boxes (which are also made from acid-free cardboard, so the magazines won't wear down). That's what I use. Most comic shops sell them. They're just like the comic boxes, except in a size to better store magazines. If you don't have a comic shop in your town, you can order them directly from BCWsupplies.com.

(They look nicer when they're not quite a few years old, like mine.)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2014, 02:31:25 am »
To me, it is oversized LE game boxes. I only have so much display room, so the rest of these bulky size disproportionate things get stuffed where ever they might fit. This is why is try to avoid LE versions. They're too disruptive to flow of standard editions, and I don't have much room to display them elsewhere.

Yes. And I'll add boxes in general. The console ones are the worst. I keep them because I like having the original boxes especially when I am moving and want to pack my stuff up safe...

But man do they take up A LOT of space.

jcalder8

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2015, 12:56:26 am »
My wife  :o ??? :-X

amauriel

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 08:23:31 am »
The Steel Battalion controller, hands down. That thing just doesn't fit ANYWHERE. Pretty close second goes to the Ion Drum Rocker back from Rock Band. It's huge, but it gets used enough I forgive it.

Just about everything else can fit into big, stackable, plastic tote boxes in our storage room. Those two are the glaring exceptions to that.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

soera

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 09:13:02 am »

amauriel

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 11:00:30 am »
Things

We miss ya Amauriel! :)

disgaeniac seems to think I need to make more active posting my New Year's resolution. I've lurked a bit here and there. I don't want to hijack another thread, but thanks!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 02:20:15 pm »
Things

We miss ya Amauriel! :)

disgaeniac seems to think I need to make more active posting my New Year's resolution. I've lurked a bit here and there. I don't want to hijack another thread, but thanks!

Indeed!

I think it,

I said it,

I meant it, and

I stand by it ^_*

I'd love seeing the both of you around here more often!

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

topspot123

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2015, 11:54:39 pm »
I like how most of my collection is displayed or stored, but I am a bit annoyed by game boxes.  My NES, SNES, Gameboy (and color and advance), N64, etc game collections take up twice the amount of room because I have the cartridges in the house and boxes of game boxes in the garage.  Same thing with my consoles.  Those boxes all together take up a ton of room. 

abe

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2015, 07:24:43 am »
Console boxes are definitely the most annoying thing to store. Limited edition games are in second place for most annoying for me to store. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Guitar Hero stuff is pretty annoying to store too.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2015, 09:57:45 am »

I completely agree with this. Unless it has similar dimension to the standard release games on the system and can be stored on a shelf or it's a LE that is so cool I have to have it, I tend to avoid them because they are a pain to display and store. As much as I love my Tales of Xillia CE, the thing takes up a massive amount of display space.