Author Topic: Which Generation Of Console Or PC Games You Think Contain The Best Graphics  (Read 186 times)

7th Generation consoles any ANY major PC game released between 2005 AD and today in 2024 AD. However the 8th and 9th generation consoles and even the affordable virtual Reality sets have more or less than 5th generation consoles could do. Now the earliest PC games were as equal or better than all console video games of that time back in the 1980's,

But in the mid 1990's till about year 2000 AD. all PC games sucked because A PC would cost about sometimes up to $500USD more money in America at least for a lower powered gaming system if you were to buy a PC instead of a console from  years 1996 AD till about the year 2000 AD.

Upgrades were a rip off back in those 4 years of PC parts and PC's just were the worst gaming party of that timeframe not today, in my own opinion a full bred or built modern PC is the best gaming device you could own from about the year 2009 AD till today.
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

For me best does not mean the most technically advanced. The most technically advanced games generally aged poorly while games with more stylized visuals hold up years or even decades later. Prince of Persia (2008) or Okami could release today and it could still be beautiful.

So I think it's about the mid-to-late 2000s/7th gen consoles where tech got advanced enough that certain types graphics became truly timeless.

Best is of course current gen in terms of realism. However I feel most revolutionary and underrated is PS3 And Xbox 360 Generation. Bioshock looks beautiful even all these years later. Mario Galaxy is gorgeous. Halo reach was stunning and Forza Horizon was wild. I think GTA 5 when it released was so polished and visually incredible that rockstar has rehashed the same game for over a decade lol. It took everything PS2 did right. Cleaned up the visuals. Remastered most of PS2s best games and introduced true native 1080p HD.

Idk my gens by name. But PS3, 360 and Wii were the first for me that blurred the line between video game.and real life. Everything after is just small improvements.

4th Gen for purely nostalgic reasons. These were the consoles that dominated the market when I was in my early to mid teens and I was playing the games that would become life-long favourites.

alligo

I think it's the 7th generation.
Today there are some games that have the possibility of having better graphics but there is no longer as much of a gap as at the time.
I even find that we regress on certain things..
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

ferraroso

I have to agree with marvelvscapcom2 on this one. I think the biggest leap forward we had when comparing with the previous generation so far was during the Xbox 360 and PS3 era.

A special shout out goes for the Dreamcast too. Those graphics were just unbelievable back in 1998/1999 AD.

(Thanks oldgamerz for specifying we're talking about games consoles released after Christ here)