Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 516215 times)

amauriel

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2012, 04:24:01 pm »
Here: Still playing Skylanders as well as the much, much harder "see if you can actually find Skylanders figures in stock in the stores" game.

The Toys R Us people are starting to recognize me.....
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2012, 10:03:27 pm »
Started up Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for Saturn again tonight. It took some Google searching for the region bypass code for the action replay, since I couldn't remember it. But I intend to play through it to see the exclusive content finally.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:51 pm »
Started up Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for Saturn again tonight. It took some Google searching for the region bypass code for the action replay, since I couldn't remember it. But I intend to play through it to see the exclusive content finally.

I ordered a game from Japan for the Super Famicom (Shin Megami Tensei: If). The lady sent me totally the wrong game and I now have a Japanese Saturn copy of Deep Fear. (I got my refund but thanks to shipping to/from Japan she told me to keep the game.)

Point is, is it fairly easy to play a Japanese game on an American Saturn? I know very little about the Saturn; it's a newer acquisition for me.

jcalder8

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2012, 11:21:35 pm »
I'm still putting more time in with Batman Arkham City and it is starting to grow on me now. I do miss the tight confines of the Asylum but the improvements they have made to the gameplay makes up for it.

scott

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2012, 05:57:14 am »
@amauriel Playing Saturn import games is super easy. You need either a game shark or an action replay 4m plus, they plug into the cartridge slot. When you power up the Saturn it goes into the game shark/action replay menu, press and hold x y & z and press start and the game will load up like its on a JP Saturn. No other codes needed.

I prefer the Action Replay over the Game Shark though, because the Game Shark goes in too hard and seems too tight a fit, making removal hard too.

amauriel

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2012, 07:34:00 am »
@scott: Thanks for the info! That doesn't sound too bad at all, I'll keep my eyes open for an Action Replay then.

scott

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2012, 09:49:47 pm »
Not a problem. You should be able to get one for a decent price, I would think. There are a lot of JP only titles for Saturn thank to its short lifespan here in the States and the AP makes it easy to jump into collecting imports. Personally I've had to hold off the urge to do so myself. It also helps that all the games I want are rare or spendy.

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2012, 11:39:36 am »
original dragon warrior, just hit 23 today, dragon lord is going down this weekend.

scott

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 01:30:33 pm »
original dragon warrior, just hit 23 today, dragon lord is going down this weekend.

I was playing this too until my nes started acting up. I'm changing the pins on it today (Hopefully) to see if that fixes it. Then its back to retro gaming on my nes again!

atariboy

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2012, 03:23:03 pm »
I just started playing Jet Grind Radio on Dreamcast, I was just browsing thru my games and that caught my eye and remember how fun it was.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

desocietas

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2012, 03:54:49 pm »
I just started playing Jet Grind Radio on Dreamcast, I was just browsing thru my games and that caught my eye and remember how fun it was.

I was just thinking about that game this morning when I passed by an old fabric store with some illegible tags on it...  What a great game that was/is.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2012, 08:45:32 pm »
Playing through assassins creed II. I played about 5-6 hours today. I need to beat all 3 in a weeks time xD

jcalder8

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2012, 09:00:00 pm »
@madmax, that's a pretty tight timeline to complete some games that have to be explored to be enjoyed.

As for me I just finished off the main story of Arkham City. This game really grew on me and I am looking forward to trying to 100% it. Now if only I didn't have to pay for the Catwoman portions. I guess I should have pre-ordered this one.

scott

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2012, 09:26:32 pm »
@madmax why a week?

soera

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2012, 09:40:35 pm »

I just finished 1 and am onto #2. Im up to level 8 now and just picked up my second character. :D