Author Topic: January 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29555 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2015, 10:19:24 pm »
So Im sure Ive mentioned that Im the game master at a local huge church. One of the class teachers stopped me last week and said he has something for me. I was oddly curious at what it would be so he hit me up again today to give it to me. Apparently he had a pretty large sword collection that he was trying to get rid of and he gave me a full size gun-blade from FF VIII. :D Its pretty cool looking, I cant wait to hang it in my game room.

You win this months thread! You have to post pictures!

I finally got paid this month and was able to pickup some stuff that was on hold for me at the local mom and pop.

Sega CD
Double Switch (my first Sega CD game!)

3DO
The Need For Speed
Gex

Master System
Wonder Boy

Playstation
Die Hard Trilogy (not pictured)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:01:42 am by dashv »

« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2015, 01:18:06 am »
So I'm sticking to my "not buying any games until the end of Feb" thing, but I DID make an awesome trade last Friday. :D  I've been kicking around getting rid of my Destiny Ghost Ed., because I enjoyed the game ok but wasn't crazy about it & didn't care for the end game stuff. I like to have CE's for games that I really like, and this one just didn't fit in that category. So I decided to take it to the guy at my local mom & pop shop & see what he would give me for it. He hadn't seen one before, and he's a really big Destiny fan AND a sucker for the CE stuff, so he wanted the set not to sell but for himself - so he gave me $190 store credit for it!  I used that to pickup these 3 gems, and still have $35 of it left over. I am VERY happy with this deal, especially considering I gave somewhere around $100, maybe slightly less, for the Ghost Ed. ;)

IMG_4416[1]

That's 3 games off of my most-wanted list, complete & in excellent condition. I'm very pleased with that trade. :)

EDIT: Oh, and that completes my Drakengard/Nier collection AND my .hack collection - I now have all 7 of those. Woot! ;D

Congrats on the .Hack games. those are definitely a must have for a PS2 RPG fanatic/collector :p. Those games set me back a bit when I bought them :p

« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2015, 08:29:10 pm »
This is the first thing that I'm actually taking the time to post here just because I never feel like taking a picture of what I got, but I thought this was pretty unique and figured I'd brag about it a little bit even though it's not much :) just found this about a half hour ago at a thrift store for 50 cents.  Can't figure out how to get a picture so here's a link if you care, its one of those id and key things but with gamecube on it, I'm assuming from an old game store.

s1377.photobucket.com/user/callyhockey15/media/20150122_200025_zpsjxgyh6r3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:30:57 pm by bloodybaron »

jcalder8

« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2015, 10:22:13 pm »
I picked up this pretty sweet box! It was pretty expensive for just a box but I thought it was worth it :D

It sure was heavy to bring home though...... Is there something in the box?

I guess there was! but wait there's more?

Ended up costing me $60 for everything! Very happy about this!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2015, 12:00:17 am »
Nice haul!

« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2015, 12:37:24 am »
A late night trade with a local collector. Very happy to have a CDX :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2015, 02:18:13 am »
Damn. Good day for folks! CDX is on my "someday" list.

Soooooo expensive and hard to come by. :(

« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2015, 02:28:37 am »
Damn. Good day for folks! CDX is on my "someday" list.

Soooooo expensive and hard to come by. :(

Seriously lol. I had to trade a CIB Sega Saturn for it. Well worth it though :)

argyle

« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2015, 09:55:23 am »
Really wasn't planning to, but ended up buying a game yesterday. Was meeting a friend at Gamestop, and while I was waiting I was browsing around. Found a complete copy of Fist of the North Star in excellent condition, and I've been looking for that one for a while.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:01 am »
Been on a buying binge so far in 2015!  Picked up:

Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4, Origins, Shattered Memories, Homecoming, Downpour and Book.  All are complete in great shape.

Tekken 2, 4, 5, 6, Tag, Hybrid Collector's Ed., Tag Tournament 2 and Dark Resurrection.  All complete & in great shape. 

Soul Blade, Soul Calibur 1, 3, 4, 5 and Broken Destiny.  All complete & in great shape.

About 40 other games for the PS1.  Various conditions, but all complete and working.  Four of them are long box versions.  Two PS2 DVD remotes.  One is the original with the IR receiver and the remote itself has power and eject buttons.  The other is for the slim PS2. 

This year, I plan on putting together a complete set of the Final Fantasy games for PS1, PS2 and PS3 as well as all the Resident Evil games.  Several other PS1 games that are all a bit on the expensive side, but I'll only buy complete games that don't look like they've had their asses kicked.  LOL.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

bobster

« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2015, 11:51:27 am »
Been on a buying binge so far in 2015!  Picked up:

Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4, Origins, Shattered Memories, Homecoming, Downpour and Book.  All are complete in great shape.

Tekken 2, 4, 5, 6, Tag, Hybrid Collector's Ed., Tag Tournament 2 and Dark Resurrection.  All complete & in great shape. 

Soul Blade, Soul Calibur 1, 3, 4, 5 and Broken Destiny.  All complete & in great shape.

About 40 other games for the PS1.  Various conditions, but all complete and working.  Four of them are long box versions.  Two PS2 DVD remotes.  One is the original with the IR receiver and the remote itself has power and eject buttons.  The other is for the slim PS2. 

This year, I plan on putting together a complete set of the Final Fantasy games for PS1, PS2 and PS3 as well as all the Resident Evil games.  Several other PS1 games that are all a bit on the expensive side, but I'll only buy complete games that don't look like they've had their asses kicked.  LOL.
Super jealous of your Silent Hill collection. I've played them all (never completed Origins and above) but I found I own very few of them. Definitely need to get 1-4 at least.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

gf78

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2015, 12:27:07 pm »
Silent Hill 1-3 were fantastic.  The series started taking a slide downhill from there.  So happy to see Hideo Kojima working on the next installment.  The P.T. demo they released was pure creepy and reminded me of those first three games. 

The first four Resident Evil games were great (1-3 and Code:  Veronica).  I lost interest with 4 which is ironic since many people think it was the best or one of the best.  Five was ok, but at this point the series became an over-the-shoulder action shooter.  I never bothered with six. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2015, 01:08:28 pm »
I picked up this pretty sweet box! It was pretty expensive for just a box but I thought it was worth it :D

It sure was heavy to bring home though...... Is there something in the box?

I guess there was! but wait there's more?

Ended up costing me $60 for everything! Very happy about this!

I'm not too into the pre-NES era, myself. But still, that is an AWESOME deal!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2015, 01:20:26 pm »
Silent Hill 1-3 were fantastic.  The series started taking a slide downhill from there.  So happy to see Hideo Kojima working on the next installment.  The P.T. demo they released was pure creepy and reminded me of those first three games. 

The first four Resident Evil games were great (1-3 and Code:  Veronica).  I lost interest with 4 which is ironic since many people think it was the best or one of the best.  Five was ok, but at this point the series became an over-the-shoulder action shooter.  I never bothered with six.

For me I liked the motion controls of RE4 (wii) and RE5 (ps move).

I know I am in the minority. I bought RE4 on GameCube (still have it) played it for 10 minutes.

Bought it again on Wii. Couldn't put it down.

Played RE5 demo when it was first released. Set it down after 10 minutes. It's hard to go back to thumb sticks after the Wii controls.

Played the Gold Edition (using move) when it released free on PS Plus. Could not put it down.

I couldn't get into 6. Without the motion controls I have no interest.

soera

« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2015, 01:31:35 pm »
So Im sure Ive mentioned that Im the game master at a local huge church. One of the class teachers stopped me last week and said he has something for me. I was oddly curious at what it would be so he hit me up again today to give it to me. Apparently he had a pretty large sword collection that he was trying to get rid of and he gave me a full size gun-blade from FF VIII. :D Its pretty cool looking, I cant wait to hang it in my game room.

You win this months thread! You have to post pictures!

Im going to get it mounted soon and Ill end up doing an updated pic of the room set up.