Author Topic: GTA IV re-release - Would you buy it?  (Read 995 times)

thekosmickollector

GTA IV re-release - Would you buy it?
« on: January 06, 2015, 05:52:19 pm »
I had an idea recently while playing some GTA V on PS4 - what if they re-released GTA IV and it's expansions for new-gen consoles with updated graphics and a first-person mode and everything? With the new processing power they might even be able to expand the map a little (knowing the effort R* puts into their games it wouldn't surprise me if they did this) Seeing Liberty City fleshed out in full next-gen glory and that odd murkiness that a lot of the games from around that time seemed to have gone in place of the GTA V graphics engine would definitely be something I'd throw all my money at whenever possible. What I'm interested to know is, would anyone else here be interested in it?

Also, Rockstar, what the hell happened to Agent??

Re: GTA IV re-release - Would you buy it?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 05:56:59 pm »
I would not buy it cause I thought GTA4 was garbage lol They'd have to either remove or add so much extra to the game to make it worth it.  I hated the friend stuff, the physics I wasn't liking, they removed a lot of the customization stuff, it's been the only GTA game since 3 I actively hated.  If they could change tons of that, maybe...but I'd rather they not work on it.

The better game to remake if they aren't making a sequel is Red Dead Redemption.  Give us that with overhauled graphics, a bunch of extras, and whatever other goodies they could give and I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 06:10:57 pm »
I would not buy it cause I thought GTA4 was garbage lol They'd have to either remove or add so much extra to the game to make it worth it.  I hated the friend stuff, the physics I wasn't liking, they removed a lot of the customization stuff, it's been the only GTA game since 3 I actively hated.  If they could change tons of that, maybe...but I'd rather they not work on it.

The better game to remake if they aren't making a sequel is Red Dead Redemption.  Give us that with overhauled graphics, a bunch of extras, and whatever other goodies they could give and I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Yeah, to be honest I was never the biggest lover of GTA IV, it certainly had a lot of issues. But I was so in love with the world in the game I didn't care about the issues much. Perhaps what I really want is an LC expansion for GTA V but I know that's very unlikely :P

As for an RDR remake that's also a fantastic idea. I really loved that game and I'd be interested to see what they'd do with it.
I'd love to have a nice R* collection on my PS4, they're one of my favourite developers and I have a good chunk of their games since I love collecting them so much

retroone

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 03:39:47 pm »
YES! I would totally buy this if they included all the cheats and glitches in the first one. Come on, God Mode was the best!I have had some fond memories in the past with GTA 4 and would love to re- live those again.

psydswipe

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 05:54:51 am »
I like the original game but I'd rather play something new than an upgraded version of an old game. I briefly tried the first-person mode of GTA V and didn't love it. Driving and punching in first-person is nauseating. Perhaps it does improve the game overall but I already finished it on 360 and don't need to play it again.

Not sure if Agent is still in development. If it is I'd expect they would abandon it for PS3 and put it on something else. Rockstar never removed the official Agent site (http://www.rockstargames.com/agent) but it's just a placeholder and they probably forgot about it. I wonder if anyone bought a PS3 in anticipation of that game, or The Last Guardian for that matter.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 12:04:09 pm »
I would if they did Vice City
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730