Author Topic: Big Bang Theory  (Read 3126 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Big Bang Theory
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 02:19:15 am »
I thought it was quite hilarious up until they started shifting the focus of the show more towards relationship humor and less of the general goofiness. The Howard / Penny relationship humor was tolerable for a bit, then they started pushing the Bernadette and Amy characters and it started to become less funny and more predictable from there.

jcalder8

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 03:34:31 am »
I used to really love the show. But when it started, I felt like I was laughing with the guys in the show and now I'm supposed to be laughing at them, which is not my cup of tea.
This is my thoughts exactly. I watched it all at once from season 1 until some time in season 7. I think it was a slow slide downhill. The humor started off as intelligent and nerd related and I think as the show grew in popularity it turned into laugh at the nerds and the nerdy things they do. The comic book shop owner is a great example of this. At the start of the show no one would have laughed at him but now he is just picked on.

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 03:48:52 am »
I'm usually late to the party when it comes to TV shows. I started watching all the reruns of this when it was already on season 7. I saw my first episode of Seinfeld after the series ended  :P

My wife actually understands a little more of my gaming/collecting habits from watching The Big Bang Theory. They've strayed from the games and comics, but it's still enjoyable to watch. The show is a mix of everything now. I gotta read what Chuck Lorre has to say at the end of every episode as well (use to wait for it on Dharma & Greg too  :D).

azure

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 08:18:21 am »
Not a fan of the show, just doesn't interest or humor me at all.

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 09:35:06 am »
Where I live they show reruns maybe 3 times a day, and that in itself will make you tired of a show, especially one that's only originally on once a week.  People will also say they hate it because their mom or dad like it or because of hype. 

stealthrush

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 04:22:55 pm »
I could never get into The Big Bang Theory.

madmax

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 04:36:36 am »
I used to like the show but now it's all about relationships and not about the culture surrounding videogames, comics, movies .etc. It's really deviated from the original formula which is a shame.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 10:53:59 am »
I need to catch up, my friend has most of the seasons on DVD, I just need to get in the mood so I can binge watch them all.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730