Author Topic: Discontinuation of Club Nintendo.  (Read 4442 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Discontinuation of Club Nintendo.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 12:05:51 pm »
I better write this on my calendar so I know to use my coins before I can't.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 12:53:43 pm »
I've had a love/hate relationship with club Nintendo since I made my account there. I loved the fact that you get extra shit for buying their games. I hated how several things I wanted I could never get. By the time I got enough points for the game and watch ball game they discontinued it, and other things like the gold nunchuck and XL charging cradle where sold out before I could even log in. Well I'm going to miss the nice posters they have

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 02:12:17 pm »
New stuff being added in February for prizes, the website says, though. So don't spend all those coins just yet.

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 02:14:34 pm »
This makes me sad, but I do hope the new rewards program is better.  It was obviously better than nothing, but it's been really disappointing this last year.

If anything, this is a good time to audit your Nintendo items in your VGC collection and find any spare point cards!  I know I have some around somewhere...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 03:55:04 pm »
Hopefully this new rewards program will be a lot better than Club Nintendo, since their prizes in the last 2 year have been pretty crappy, and that Luigi's Mansion figurine sold out so quick that I didn't have time to get that. I'd also check out their high coin products if you want decent rewards , since some titles such as Nintendo Land, Ninja Gaiden 3, Nintendo first party stuff. etc. still have retained their 50-60 coin values so its the easiest way to rack up coins for stuff( hopefully more before it gets shut down).

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2015, 07:31:40 pm »
Since I'm almost hitting platinum and will have about 1500 coins when it is done, I'm looking to go and grab the couple Wii U games I don't have, which are the New Super Mario/Luigi games and probably Nintendo Land, which should put me over the mark and it'll be it for me.  Hopefully something cool and unique shows up for the final rewards in February and I'm curious what the elite prize will be this time.  I'm kinda hoping Nintendo goes out with a bang for this.

spac316

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 02:21:01 am »
If this new customer loyalty program would have a cloud program for all of our downloaded games into one account like how PSN and XBL or even iTunes does, then I would be glad and have more confidence in keeping my games if my data or harddrive goes corrupt.

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 09:09:24 pm »
Interesting in light of them pulling out of Brazil

topspot123

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 09:44:14 pm »
If anything, this is a good time to audit your Nintendo items in your VGC collection and find any spare point cards!  I know I have some around somewhere...

desocietas

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 12:07:56 am »

haha that was good stuff.  I don't have nearly as many as you but the hard part will be going through each one of my Nintendo games and figuring out which ones have been used and which ones haven't... :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 11:31:56 am »
This sucks.  I was waiting around for something that seemed worthwhile to me.  Everything they have offered for the last six months has been crap.  Old game downloads that I don't want or some cheap little grab hand thing.  I have a ton of coins so I guess I will just see what's on offer for February and cash them all out.  Nothing else to be done I suppose.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

argyle

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 11:43:47 am »

Anyone have an extra one of those Mario cards they sent w/ Club Nintendo fulfillments? I recently got a Peach, Toad, and 2 Luigis - would be up for trading a Luigi for a Mario (or if there's another one I don't know of/have, that one). Silly, but I think they'll be a worthless-but-neat collectible. :)

EDIT: Also, if you send me that Kirby's Dream Collection I'll enter that one for ya. Just lookin' out for my fellow VGCollectors! ;) :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:45:52 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

topspot123

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 04:19:30 pm »

Anyone have an extra one of those Mario cards they sent w/ Club Nintendo fulfillments? I recently got a Peach, Toad, and 2 Luigis - would be up for trading a Luigi for a Mario (or if there's another one I don't know of/have, that one). Silly, but I think they'll be a worthless-but-neat collectible. :)

EDIT: Also, if you send me that Kirby's Dream Collection I'll enter that one for ya. Just lookin' out for my fellow VGCollectors! ;) :P

I'll audit my little cards when I get home and let you know what I've got.  Is condition important?  I think I've kept all of mine, but I've not necessarily been too worried about keeping them pristine.  For the ones that came with the DS cases, I just slip them between the slipcovers, so they probably develop a curve near the spine. 

Also, thanks for the offer, but I believe I'll keep my Kirby Collection!

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 09:14:29 am »
I just got one of the mario 3DS card cases with my coins from Christmas games I asked for.  It's funny hearing myself say (or type) that I still ask for games at my age, but that's what Christmas is all about for me!  It's also funny that the internet correctly foretold the death of at least one Nintendo thing.  I wonder if Club Nintendo stuff will go up in value after that, like the work of a dead artist.  Your Yoshi washcloth might be your nest egg!  LOL  ;D