Author Topic: Less than 50 games to go!  (Read 3296 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Less than 50 games to go!
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 08:22:47 am »
Hey man, sorry for hijacking your thread. My bad.

bobster

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 09:19:51 am »
I kind of fall on both sides of this discussion. I generally pick up items that I want and that I have hopes of playing (one day!). But at the same time, if I see a game for cheap that I know nothing about, I'll pick it up. I do this all the time with NES games. They may be terrible, but it also might just be a game I haven't heard about before that is actually quite fun!

Conquest of the Crystal Palace comes to mind for me. I was way surprised by how fun that game was.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 11:27:59 am »
Just get used TG16 games, even the hard ones usually go for good prices.

Try to avoid most of Ebay (you may have to look in the underground or auctions for good prices) since they like to inflate systems they never heard of yet the games they are charging $5000 have a lot of print.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 01:13:03 pm »
Not rare per se but I'm honestly thinking of axing my TG-16 wishlist items because once I pickup Bonk and Bonk's Revenge I don't think I can afford anything else worth getting on the console.

Looking at your TG-16 collection, I can recommend you some affordable TG-16 titles worth checking out:

-Blazing Lazers - Great shoot-em up with nice big, chunky sprites.
-Bloody Wolf - Great combination of Contra & Ikari Warriors and easily one of my favorite games on the system.
-Bonk's Adventure - This game is almost no-brainer if you own a TG-16.
-Dragon Spirit - Great vertical-scrolling shoot-em up with a fantasy flair where you control a dragon. Much better than the NES version.
-Legendary Axe - A good action-platformer.
-Ninja Spirit - Very fun, and overlooked action-platformer with some impressive graphics that really shows off the system.
-Turrican - Great run-n-game in the Contra vein.
-Victory Run - It's a Rad Racer/Outrun clone. But it's a very nice looking one. So if you like those type of racing games, this is worth getting. Especially since you can find it for under $10, easily.

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 01:17:19 pm »
Not rare per se but I'm honestly thinking of axing my TG-16 wishlist items because once I pickup Bonk and Bonk's Revenge I don't think I can afford anything else worth getting on the console.

Looking at your TG-16 collection, I can recommend you some affordable TG-16 titles worth checking out:

-Blazing Lazers - Great shoot-em up with nice big, chunky sprites.
-Bloody Wolf - Great combination of Contra & Ikari Warriors and easily one of my favorite games on the system.
-Bonk's Adventure - This game is almost no-brainer if you own a TG-16.
-Dragon Spirit - Great vertical-scrolling shoot-em up with a fantasy flair where you control a dragon. Much better than the NES version.
-Legendary Axe - A good action-platformer.
-Ninja Spirit - Very fun, and overlooked action-platformer with some impressive graphics that really shows off the system.
-Turrican - Great run-n-game in the Contra vein.
-Victory Run - It's a Rad Racer/Outrun clone. But it's a very nice looking one. So if you like those type of racing games, this is worth getting. Especially since you can find it for under $10, easily.

or get a tg flashcart, play the games on the original hardware, and avoid having to ridiculous prices. I've considered going this route for NES, SNES and TG16. It takes the collecting part out of the equation, but if you just want to play the games it is a good alternative.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 01:20:26 pm »
Someone really needs to release a TG-16 classic collection.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 05:36:38 pm »
Someone really needs to release a TG-16 classic collection.

Tell me about it!

Thanks for the suggestions. A few were in my wishlist already but you mentioned some I wasn't considering before!

Turf> No worries about hijacking the thread. I'm not exactly known for staying on topic myself. ;)

Bikingjahuty> I fortunately picked up most of my snes and nes stuff late last year/early this year before prices became insane. That and folks in the forums here have given me some great deals on stuff from their sell lists. I do have a Snes and Genesis everdrive that I use to play out of print homebrews, repros, and translations.

Now that the Retron 5 supports ips patching I can basically play whatever I want that way for all the systems it supports.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2015, 11:12:40 pm »
19 games remaining!