Author Topic: How do you guys find stores to buy stuff at?  (Read 4326 times)

kashell

Re: How do you guys find stores to buy stuff at?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 09:15:14 am »
Flea markets. That's another major one. Nashville has one the third Saturday of every month and I have found some excellent goodies there. My Secret of Mana strategy guide immediately comes to mind.

gf78

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 11:46:38 am »
I usually do a video game search using Google maps, when I'm out and about. Sadly It usually leads me to a gaming store with a bunch of people sitting around tables playing Magic or some other card game.

I really need to start making phone calls first  :P

For some reason, your avatar looks exactly how I picture you looking when you walk into one of those stores where everyone is sitting there playing Magic.   :P

LOL it's actually pretty close to that. The last store I went to had about 50 random games on a shelf in the corner and nothing but display cases of cards. There were a bunch of individual sleeved cards displayed on the walls, I'm guessing those were the gems.

LOL...there's a little store close to me called Gamer's Bazaar.  I stopped in there when they first opened a few years ago and they had a little shelf with some PS3 and 360 games, an ancient arcade machine and....a ton of Magic, YuGiOh, Pokémon and other assorted cards.  The place was mostly long tables with sweaty, pimply virgins playing card games.  I guess they do ok, because it is still there and still running.  I stopped in a few months after the first time I went in and they weren't bothering to sell video games anymore. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

retroone

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 04:11:05 pm »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 04:52:39 pm »
This Racketboy thread is the greatest resource out there for this:

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=22721&hilit=store+directory

It's a list of all the stores in the members' areas. So many shops listed. And it's not just game specialty shops, but also used movie/music shops, thrift shops that sell games, etc.

foxhack

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 07:25:36 pm »
There are no stores in my area other than Gamestop, the flea markets where I buy stuff for my shop, Wal-Mart and Toys'R'Us. There was -one- shop, but he was an insane gouger who grabbed everything from stores during clearances and then never sold anything because of his stupid prices.

Well there's the stores on the Mexican side of the border but if you enjoy paying two to three times the US MSRP of an item over there, feel free. :P

deftommo

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 01:31:57 pm »
I typically just order games off amazon, but I have found a cool place near me that sells used games (anything from NES to PS4) as well as movies. Maybe ask someone you work with or a friend who knows the area well. There's always somewhere to go besides GameStop.

gf78

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 02:38:53 pm »
I typically just order games off amazon, but I have found a cool place near me that sells used games (anything from NES to PS4) as well as movies. Maybe ask someone you work with or a friend who knows the area well. There's always somewhere to go besides GameStop.

Use YP.com.  You may come up with something in your area.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

theflea

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 06:10:00 pm »

It's a list of all the stores in the members' areas. So many shops listed. And it's not just game specialty shops, but also used movie/music shops, thrift shops that sell games, etc.

I checked out that list and looked for Illinois (where I Live) and his needs to be updated.
Many on the list are out of business or many other stores are missing.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 10:30:58 pm »

I checked out that list and looked for Illinois (where I Live) and his needs to be updated.

QFT.

Flea and I talked about stores a few days ago haha.

bobster

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 12:47:21 pm »

QFT.

Flea and I talked about stores a few days ago haha.
Yeah I was going to say follow theFlea around lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher