Author Topic: Lots of "funny" new additions to my gaming collection  (Read 2745 times)

gf78

Lots of "funny" new additions to my gaming collection
« on: February 02, 2015, 03:39:24 pm »
Well, if you look at my collection and see weirdness like Hannah Montana and Barbie's whatever-whatever...it's because both of my daughters decided they wanted to give away and/or donate their DSi's, 3DS's, all their associated games and some Wii games as well.  So I've ended up with  two DSI's-one Pink and one Blue and two 3DS's-one Pink and the other Purple.  I listed the pink one as black because I am buying a full-body replacement for it and soon.  I've kept the boxes, manuals, etc. stored in my garage along with my other PlayStation boxes (in big plastic tubs so bugs & critters can't get in there...hey, I live in the sticks!).  So please excuse the weirdness!

On a side note, I dropped a ton of stuff off at the local Goodwill and on a whim, went inside to look around.  I picked up a brand-new, sealed and perfect copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii for $5.99.  Quite a steal.

On another collecting note, I have officially lost my mind and after securing the 7 main PlayStation Final Fantasy titles, I've been on a hunt to find every other Final Fantasy game that I can.  Picked up Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP as well as the UMD movies for Advent Children and Spirits Within.  Bought all three FFXIII PS3 games, FFX/X-2 remastered for the PS3 and several more DS, PS2 and other Final Fantasy titles.  Also bought a new copy of FFXIV A Realm Reborn for the PS4.

I plan on picking up a PC copy of Final Fantasy XI just to have it.  Also looking at FF Tactics Advance for the GameBoy Advance, the four "Crystal" games on the Gamecube, Wii and DS and a few others.  After picking these up, I will have 34 Final Fantasy retail releases and 37 total games. 

Then aside from re-releases of stuff like Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, etc on the DS, the only games I will be missing are Final Fantasy Adventure, Final Fantasy Legend 1-3 and Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for the SNES.  Haven't put much thought into getting the original NES and SNES releases for the time being, but if I happened across them cheap enough, I would probably grab them. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

Re: Lots of "funny" new additions to my gaming collection
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 03:43:40 pm »
Haha, we don't judge (much).

That's interesting about your new FF collection - are you planning on getting on the variations of X/X-2 that will be out, including all the editions?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 03:51:29 pm »
Haha, we don't judge (much).

That's interesting about your new FF collection - are you planning on getting on the variations of X/X-2 that will be out, including all the editions?

In time, I could really see myself picking up Famicom versions, etc.  One that I have been eyeing is a Japanese import of III on the PSP.  My main "goal" to start is to own every single entry in the main series.  I'm fine with I and II being on the Origins PlayStation disc for example.  I'm not too interested in getting the PS4 FFX/X-2 remake set as it really won't look or play any different than the one I have for the PS3 already. 

If I enjoy playing A Realm Reborn, I wouldn't mind dropping a bit on it for the expansion when it comes out and I've already made my mind up to buy Final Fantasy Type-0 when it comes out next month. 

To be honest, the last Final Fantasy game I had purchased was X for the PS2 when it was released.  Probably a culmination of a lot of different things going on in my life as well as the move to a more cinematic, linear game led me to stop playing and/or buying any other Final Fantasy titles until now.  So for basically over 13 years, I haven't touched a Final Fantasy game. 

But when we talk about fond gaming memories, to this very day the "victory" music from Final Fantasy is one of those 8-bit tunes burned into my brain as well as the battle music from Final Fantasy VII. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

theflea

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 04:39:52 pm »
I have a ton of "Girly" games, and I have games that could out weird you any day. lol
As a game collector, you can pick and choose only the games that are "cool" or that you enjoy.
Or go for complete collections that will include those "weird" games.  :P

Good luck on your Final Fantasy Hunt.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 04:49:35 pm »
Yeah right, GF. You're on your couch getting your toenails painted, drinking a wine-cooler, with your favorite Barbie right next to you while you play.  :P

argyle

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 05:21:08 pm »
My wife went with me Sat. night when I was browsing at my local mom & pop game store and I picked up Duke Nukem. She looked baffled, then I said "well, I guess this is just going to be 'bad game night'" and also grabbed Haze. She then proceeded to question my motives behind those two. :P

As for your FF collection, I'm trying to fill in a couple holes myself. After stumbling across the FF II & III (IV & VI) last year at a yard sale I realized I have every US console release in the series except for FF 1 on the NES, Mystic Quest on the SNES (even tho I know it's not REALLY a part of the series..) and FF Tactics on the PSOne (have War of the Lions for the PSP tho). 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 08:00:59 pm »
Yeah right, GF. You're on your couch getting your toenails painted, drinking a wine-cooler, with your favorite Barbie right next to you while you play.  :P

Lol. My wife has a picture of me puckered up while our youngest daughter was putting lipstick on me. No Barbie...but Sackboy might be chillin next to me from time to time.  :-[

gf78

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 08:08:56 pm »
My wife went with me Sat. night when I was browsing at my local mom & pop game store and I picked up Duke Nukem. She looked baffled, then I said "well, I guess this is just going to be 'bad game night'" and also grabbed Haze. She then proceeded to question my motives behind those two. :P

As for your FF collection, I'm trying to fill in a couple holes myself. After stumbling across the FF II & III (IV & VI) last year at a yard sale I realized I have every US console release in the series except for FF 1 on the NES, Mystic Quest on the SNES (even tho I know it's not REALLY a part of the series..) and FF Tactics on the PSOne (have War of the Lions for the PSP tho).

Surprisingly, my wife hasn't killed me...even after today's purchases. I just today picked up (from eBay):
Final fantasy Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube complete
Final fantasy tactics Advance for GBA complete in near perfect box
Final Fantasy XI PC complete in box
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rings of Fate DS complete
Final Fantasy Echoes of Time for DS complete
Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light DS complete
Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers for Wii complete
And...
Final Fantasy I, II, and III for Famicom cartridge only
Final Fantasy IV, V and VI for Super Famicom complete in boxes

Currently making offer on Famicom set of 1-3 complete.

topspot123

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 08:33:31 pm »
On a side note, I dropped a ton of stuff off at the local Goodwill and on a whim, went inside to look around.  I picked up a brand-new, sealed and perfect copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii for $5.99.  Quite a steal.

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5748.msg81381.html#msg81381

Just out of curiosity, in what region of the country are you located?

gf78

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 08:53:35 pm »
Close to Farmington, MO.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 04:09:09 am »
Oh mad, purple 3DS's are rad sauce. Would say the same about pink, but it's that pastel crap. Hot pink is where I'm at.

gf78

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 06:17:17 am »
Oh mad, purple 3DS's are rad sauce. Would say the same about pink, but it's that pastel crap. Hot pink is where I'm at.

The DSi is hot pink.  ;)

devancowan

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 10:45:57 am »
I have the midnight purple 3DS  8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 12:07:11 pm »
^ My GBC is still purple, or "Grape" as Nintendo calls it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 12:32:20 am »
I have the midnight purple 3DS  8)

Didn't realize that existed until this thread.