Author Topic: Don't know if old topic, but how do you all store your games?  (Read 6588 times)

Re: Don't know if old topic, but how do you all store your games?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 04:32:48 pm »
I don't have a very big collection, which is good, because I don't have a lot of room, but I basically store all my extra console stuff in three of those cheap 3 drawer plastic containers,  then I have one more for Game Boy stuff and my Nintendo 64 games as I have about 30 right now and they aren't great for displaying.  The rest of the games I have take up a book case I've shown off before.  I actually need another container for the consoles I have as I just have them up on a shelf right now in the closet.  My closet is a disaster right now, despite my best efforts to organize it, which seemed to only make things worse lol

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 11:25:51 pm »
Anyway I can :D

So true!!! I've reorganized several times to make it work LOL

mark1982

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 06:38:12 am »
In a dedicated game / entertainment room. Right now all the recent titles are inside glass cabinets, I have a few deep cabinets I can store my older to latest titles inside (DVD cases). My older cartridges and jewel case CD based games I keep in plastic sealable containers, so no dust or any form of mold can get in, then just store the containers in the cabinet. I go through them quite often because I still play a decent amount of my older games.

For consoles I keep all the original boxes then the ones I don't use I can just store them away.
  l    l 

theflea

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2015, 04:56:53 pm »
Does this answer your question?  ;)

"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2015, 05:47:14 pm »

Just own a gaming museum, like theflea!  ;D

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 06:06:41 pm »

*bows down*
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

topspot123

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 06:47:33 pm »

Does the item counter go to 5 digits?  Yes this does answer that question.  Great looking collection!

retroone

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 10:52:12 am »
Most of my 'modern' stuff is in media racks.  The older things are stored in a couple of ways.  I like sharing my youtube videos here, I hope no one minds.

I love this video! I use similar storage boxes to hold my manuals and loose GBA games.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 12:15:10 pm »

What did you do for loose SNES carts. Genesis loose carts are easy because you can simply use cassette holders. Even NES shelves can be found easily. But SNES I'm struggling with.

topspot123

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 05:38:37 pm »
Most of my 'modern' stuff is in media racks.  The older things are stored in a couple of ways.  I like sharing my youtube videos here, I hope no one minds.

I love this video! I use similar storage boxes to hold my manuals and loose GBA games.

Thanks for the compliment! 

Do you have cases for your GBA games?  I saw this video a few years back. 
I was already doing this with my regular GB games.  I still have my GBA games in a set of zippered folios, but I bought the proper size Really Useful Boxes  just in case I wanted to change my mind. 

retroone

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 06:40:43 pm »

Thanks for the compliment! 

Do you have cases for your GBA games?  I saw this video a few years back. 
I was already doing this with my regular GB games.  I still have my GBA games in a set of zippered folios, but I bought the proper size Really Useful Boxes  just in case I wanted to change my mind.
All of mine are just tossed in one of those plastic tubs loose. Although those custom cases are nice!

gf78

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 04:05:20 pm »
Just a funny story tied into the "how do you store your games" subject.  This past weekend, I got all of my boxed games out of the closet and organized them alphabetically by system.  You know, since when you add new games, they end up in a different spot.  This way I can keep track of where they are all at.

My wife comes in while I have these giant rows of PS2 games up and down our king size bed.  She starts snapping pics on her phone saying "Your sick.  There's something wrong with you!"  I just said back, "You don't see me taking pictures of all your shoes do you?"  That shut her up.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

deftommo

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 11:31:40 am »
My collection is rather small so I mostly keep them on shelves along with books, or in a couple drawers in my TV stand.

mrnikon

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 12:27:12 pm »
Nothing too special,  I just put some rail shelves up, and that what I have been using.

desocietas

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 07:26:27 pm »
Just a funny story tied into the "how do you store your games" subject.  This past weekend, I got all of my boxed games out of the closet and organized them alphabetically by system.  You know, since when you add new games, they end up in a different spot.  This way I can keep track of where they are all at.

My wife comes in while I have these giant rows of PS2 games up and down our king size bed.  She starts snapping pics on her phone saying "Your sick.  There's something wrong with you!"  I just said back, "You don't see me taking pictures of all your shoes do you?"  That shut her up.   :P

Haha, we all have our retail therapy :D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas