Author Topic: Hori new 3ds cover  (Read 730 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Hori new 3ds cover
« on: February 23, 2015, 01:24:06 pm »
Now ive bought the Hori duraflexi protector for the new 3ds, and i have a question. I know that comics are kept in plastic bags. But not any bag, cause some may damage the front and back because of some stuff thats in the plastic. Now i was wondering if these protectors for handheld could do the same thing? I dont want my 3DS MH getting damaged, and the print is on the protector when u take it off in a couple of years.

Any thoughts?

Re: Hori new 3ds cover
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 01:30:48 pm »
Comic books are paper/newspring so their version fragile to UV light and acids. Like comic collecting: if you were concerned about condition just don't use the system ever.  ;)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 02:56:58 pm »
A print on the cover of a handheld could have the same problems. Its the material PVC in combination with some softners (i think is the English word) that makes a print stick to the plastic. Now on the box of Hori it says TPU, Thermoplastic polyurethane. Not sure what that is.

And i want to play on my 3DS. Im not putting it on a shelf. Well, maybe here if the shelfs come  ;D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 07:50:56 pm »
Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is any of a class of polyurethane plastics with many properties, including elasticity, transparency, and resistance to oil, grease and abrasion. As far as I can tell it should be fairly safe  to use I ordered one since I slapped a vinyl legend of Zelda Royal crest on mine and don't want that you fall off