Author Topic: Nintendo Direct - November 12th  (Read 4543 times)

Re: Nintendo Direct - November 12th
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2015, 04:26:26 am »
I have to wonder if Cloud showing up in Smash along with Final Fantasy Explorers, if they are looking to have a working relationship with Nintendo, so that they can have the FF7 Remake show up on the NX?  Would be cool.

gf78

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2015, 08:59:31 am »
Didn't watch the direct, but read about it online this morning.

Most of the stuff was known already.  I'm kinda ho-hum on the Twilight Princess remake as this will be the third version of this game and I didn't really care for it to begin with.  The Amiibo looks nice tho!  I guess it's cool that they are adding a female version of Link to the 3DS release of Hyrule Warriors and the character looks nice.  But Linkle?  That's a lame name.  Honestly, I haven't been the biggest Zelda fan since Ocarina of Time sucked balls IMO. 

The upcoming release of Dragon Quest VII and VIII on the 3DS is very welcome news and probably the highlight for me.  I also think it's very cool that Cloud is being added to the Super Smash Bros. roster and will be downloading that content when it becomes available. 

Pre-loading sections of Xenoblade Chronicles X is a cool idea, but with the storage limitations of the Wii U?  I think I will just suffer the longer load times when my Collector's Edition arrives next month. 

As for Mario Tennis or whatever other sport title they make with Mario shoe-horned in, I don't care.  I'm not a fan of sports games on a console (I'd rather do sports games outdoors with the kids or whatever) and never buy them. 

So in summary, mostly what I expected to see with the Dragon Quest and Cloud in Smash announcements being what interested me.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

abe

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2015, 09:20:33 am »
Yay for Dragon Quest.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2015, 10:44:44 am »
I wonder if the DQ localization announcements will lead to localization announcements for the PS4 DQ games? I really want DQ Builders, and of course the new full-fledged game when it releases.

Also, I've seen people mention the low storage space on the Wii U as a reason not to d/l those Xenoblade data files a few places now (other than here). Can't you load them on a thumb drive or external HDD? I mean, those thumb drives are ridiculously cheap these days, and I know I personally have several floating around the house (in addition to the one I have permanently plugged into my Wii U).
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2015, 12:54:20 pm »
I wonder if the DQ localization announcements will lead to localization announcements for the PS4 DQ games? I really want DQ Builders, and of course the new full-fledged game when it releases.

Also, I've seen people mention the low storage space on the Wii U as a reason not to d/l those Xenoblade data files a few places now (other than here). Can't you load them on a thumb drive or external HDD? I mean, those thumb drives are ridiculously cheap these days, and I know I personally have several floating around the house (in addition to the one I have permanently plugged into my Wii U).

Yeah just plug in a thumb drive I think it might support up to 64 GB drives but don't quote me

soera

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2015, 12:21:53 am »

I heard something months back that most likely all the PS4 DQ games will be coming stateside.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2015, 11:43:45 pm »
Things I'm excited about from it:
-The Legend of Zelda: Wii U - CONFIRMED FOR WII U, WOO HOO!!!
-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Great news for me personally, since I have the Wii version, and would much rather play it with the button-layout on the Wii U Gamepad.
-Xenoblade Chronicles X - I know, this has been known for a while. But for whatever reason, this is the first time I've seen gameplay on it. Looks awesome!
-Dragon Quest XI - Always been a DQ fan. Always happy to see a new installment.
-Starfox Wii U - I like Star Fox, so I'm happy to see this. But at the same time, I'm not the biggest Star Fox fan. So I'll get this one when the price goes down on it.

I thought there was waaaayyy too much stuff on Pokémon and Amiibo. But I can understand why. They're marketing to those kids that like to collect everything, and it works. They make a lot of money off it. I'm personally not interested at all in those things, though. (Now if they made an Amiibo that unlocked new gameplay (like levels, areas, missions, etc.), then I might be a little more interested). I'd personally rather have Nintendo focus more on actual games and hardware.

I also wish they would have given us something on the Nintendo NX. Wasn't expecting a full-reveal or anything, but at least a small tease would have been nice.