Author Topic: Favorite E3 Memories  (Read 622 times)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

Favorite E3 Memories
« on: March 03, 2015, 05:40:31 pm »
I'm hoping some others here have been to E3 and can share and relive their favorite memories from the Electronic Entertainment Expo!

Personally my favorite memory was Sega's last hurrah in the console market in 2000. (Sad to see their booth be invite only the following year...)
They had dance shows, tons of games, a cool looking area in the big players room (shared with Nintendo and Playstation)
I spent half of a day there just being amazed. I realize I am probably biased, but there was something magical with the prospect of gaming going in to the 2000's.
Online gaming, 3D gaming, controllers that were the size of a basketball.

Runner ups in no particular order:

1. Playstation 2 reveal (it was exciting to see and know it was coming, but the presentation Sony did at E3 was kind of lame)
2. Xbox reveal (I got to see bouncing ping ping balls everywhere!!!!)
3. Final Fantasy XI reveal (online Final Fantasy!?!?!)
4. Winning the Dead or Alive 2 tournament - I was sweating bullets in the final fight and one of the guys who lost went crazy on me and my tag team partner)

I have tons of more memories like meeting Gary Coleman....  ::) , but I'm hoping others share. I loving reliving this stuff in my mind. I'm a sucker for the nostalgia.

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Favorite E3 Memories
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 10:47:37 am »
Not so much a memory , but I live south of LA... and I never been to E3.... I should seriously go, get a bunch of swag and give you guys a full report lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

Re: Favorite E3 Memories
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 12:18:30 pm »
Not so much a memory , but I live south of LA... and I never been to E3.... I should seriously go, get a bunch of swag and give you guys a full report lol

I haven't been in quite a few years. I had an opportunity a few years back due to a friend in the industry, but my daughter had just been born so I opted out.

Back in the day I loved going though. Like you said - cool swag and fun times. It seemed like more and more stuff started becoming invite only and my old job didn't warrant me getting much access to that stuff (since I was just a digital animator), but hopefully most stuff is still just available for everyone to be part of and enjoy.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01