Author Topic: Is there a way to see statistics of everyone on the site?  (Read 1011 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Is there a way to see statistics of everyone on the site?
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:35:04 pm »
Like a summary tab? I'd love to see how I stack up to everyone on the site in terms of collection size. Or maybe we could filter based on system, like maybe I'm #40 for PS2 or something? I think that would be really cool if its possible to implement.

Re: Is there a way to see statistics of everyone on the site?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 08:25:23 pm »
That would be cool as long as people don't lie about their collections

amauriel

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 10:28:24 am »
It might be cool but I think it would be inaccurate. For example, I only have my games and systems on here. I didn't list all the Player's Guides I have or my almost 300 Skylanders, because that wasn't what I wanted to track. Other people, on the other hand, have listed that extra merchandise. Nothing wrong with listing it or not listing it, but it would throw off the comparison numbers.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 10:37:06 am »
It might be cool but I think it would be inaccurate. For example, I only have my games and systems on here. I didn't list all the Player's Guides I have or my almost 300 Skylanders, because that wasn't what I wanted to track. Other people, on the other hand, have listed that extra merchandise. Nothing wrong with listing it or not listing it, but it would throw off the comparison numbers.

I mean it ultimately is just comparison numbers of things logged. I just thought it would be interesting to see where I sit any maybe get some inspiration of what to collect.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 01:49:48 pm »
I would love this, I was wondering about this a while ago. I would like to see how my games stack up against others.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 07:29:52 am »
I would love this, I was wondering about this a while ago. I would like to see how my games stack up against others.

I had the exact thoughts the other day aswell. Would be a nice feature to have

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 06:22:29 pm »
Like a summary tab? I'd love to see how I stack up to everyone on the site in terms of collection size. Or maybe we could filter based on system, like maybe I'm #40 for PS2 or something? I think that would be really cool if its possible to implement.

Kinda.

http://vgcollect.com/about/foxhack

Click on a user's profile picture in their collection page to go to their about page. It shows some statistics, but not all of 'em.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 07:44:04 pm »

Kinda.

http://vgcollect.com/about/foxhack

Click on a user's profile picture in their collection page to go to their about page. It shows some statistics, but not all of 'em.

I'm looking more for comparison statistics and analysis. Those numbers, while nice, don't really put it into a ranking with everyone.