Author Topic: What to do with loose games?  (Read 15278 times)

soera

Re: What to do with loose games?
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 12:23:14 am »
Darko finally took me with him to show me the process in making the new covers. It was quick and cheap and my games look fantastic now. I wish I had like 300 NES cases. Id do it for every game in my NES library.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 10:21:09 am »
Does anyone know where you can find cases like this for NES games?  I'd like to do this for some of my more rare games that I don't have boxes for.

darko

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 12:54:34 pm »
There are several universal game case options out there. Unfortunately I'm fairly certain that most of the manufacturers have stopped producing them. I would find you some links but I'm on my phone right now. Check over at www.thecoverproject.net. The site is a treasure trove of info on fan made case options.

scott

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2012, 12:01:53 am »
I tried playing around with a minimalistic look and didn't like the results I was coming up with, I prefer a more retail look. Looking at some of the custom covers on thecoverproject got me thinking of making custom retail-esque covers much like this Golden Sun: The Lost Age cover

http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=12494

I like how this has the feel of GameCube boxes.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2012, 01:50:15 pm »
If you need some inspiration I would check this thread out. The guy makes some really awesome minimalist style covers.
http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=10318.0

scott

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2012, 04:32:58 pm »
Those are sexy and still retain a retail like look.

soera

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2012, 09:29:35 pm »
Screw minimalist. I want ballsy as hell, over the top, blinged out cases. Where the damned things glow in the dark when the lights are off from so much color and crap.

scott

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2012, 01:59:48 am »
Here's what I've been working on. Took a little bit to get the spacing right, but I'm liking it so far. I went with a Wii box feel, the back is a modified version of the info panel on the Wii box and I just rearranged things a bit. I think the template is done now after a few more tweaks. I'd say I have about 6 hours into it so far.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 03:07:43 am by scott »

soera

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2012, 11:00:12 am »
Thats a nice looking case! Im jealous of the skills. If I made a case, it would look like an etch-a-sketch drawing.

htimreimer

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2012, 11:07:49 am »
Thats a nice looking case! Im jealous of the skills. If I made a case, it would look like an etch-a-sketch drawing.

LOL it cant be that bad

soera

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2012, 11:44:03 am »
Its that bad.

darko

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2012, 12:30:24 pm »
Here's what I've been working on. Took a little bit to get the spacing right, but I'm liking it so far. I went with a Wii box feel, the back is a modified version of the info panel on the Wii box and I just rearranged things a bit. I think the template is done now after a few more tweaks. I'd say I have about 6 hours into it so far.

The only thing I would be careful with is having so much white on the border. It gets pretty difficult to make perfect cuts when you don't have something on one side to use as a marker.

scott

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2012, 12:59:51 pm »
Ya I normally make my work area larger and mark the edges with crop marks.

scott

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2012, 04:41:26 pm »
Looks like I'll be doing some cutting after all. The GBA manuals are a tad too long to fit either way in the box. But if I put them vertically in there I can cut the little lip off the top of the manual slot and they'll fit nicely.

I've also found that I'm going to want to find loose manuals for the games I don't have them for...

scott

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2012, 04:43:21 pm »

Thanks! I went to college for graphic design for a bit, but life got in the way and I never finished. So now I have all these graphic design skills that I only use for personal artwork and vgcollect, haha.