Author Topic: The Nintendo "NX"  (Read 26350 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: The Nintendo "NX"
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2016, 01:43:02 am »
Oh i am lazy and that is why i dont like motion control lol....

But more then likely ill be buying right away, as long as its not digital only. and when i say gimmick. i meant more of people saying its gonna be a cross of handheld and system, i wasnt really implying about things they have done in the past.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2016, 05:02:38 am »
As long as there's Mario Kart and Smash. I'm all in.

Anyways let's not forget the talk is that this will be both the console and the handheld. That means that we should be expecting a line-up more in line with that of the 3DS than the Wii-U.

This console will have Mario Kart, Smash, 2D Mario, 3D Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokemon (yes as in Gen 9 will be on NX).

If the console is powerful enough it'll get the 3rd party support and get all the big titles (Nintendo will need to lax their censorship so as to secure GTA VI etc)

If they have the power and the third party; people will buy it. No it won't ever match the PS4's numbers but it could easily sell 50 million units or more over it's lifetime.

And if it gets that install base. Then Nintendo will surely release it's second tier exclusives too; Metroid, Star Fox, Donkey Kong and maybe even the return of Advance Wars :D

I know it's all ifs and buts for the most part; however I'd like to think Nintendo aren't stupid, I'd like to think the console has the power. Also tbf there's been lots of rumors that devs love it and it's so easy to develop for, so that's promising.

Honestly though I'd love to see Nintendo make some big moves in order to hype it up. How about....

1. Tell Konami to name their price for Castlevania. Then recruit Iga-san to make a new Castlevania title once hes finished with his new game.

2. Pay Capcom for timed exclusivity on Megaman 11.

Moves like that would really drum up the "Nintendo is back" hype.

Ha they should hire me, I've got this shit down :D

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2016, 12:16:40 pm »
Nintendo Press site changed the date of Zelda from March 2017 to just 2017. Maybe the quickest delay in history or nothing at all.

Source: https://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/30/zelda-wii-u-nintendo-press-site-changed-date-from-march-2017-to-simply-2017/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Badges

gf78

« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2016, 10:07:37 pm »
1. VR isn't a gimmick.

VR is a massive gimmick.  It's the new motion controls, which were a gimmick.  Down the road, both could possibly become less gimmick and more substantial, but right now, with their extreme pricing and limitations, it's just a novelty.

I have to disagree. VR is pretty neat. I'm not jumping in right away and I'm not even sure if it would make me sick over an extended period of time. But for the short duration I have used it (30 minutes or less), I forgot the "real" world outside and was in awe. It immerses you in the game/experience like nothing else. While watching Netflix in the virtual theater, I found myself reaching for the virtual remote sitting on the couch to my left. You guys should at least try it before disregarding it. I'm not saying it will or should replace traditional gaming and I wouldn't want it to. But I think it's much more interesting and significant than waggle wand controls ever were or could be.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2016, 11:31:29 pm »
I have to disagree. VR is pretty neat. I'm not jumping in right away and I'm not even sure if it would make me sick over an extended period of time. But for the short duration I have used it (30 minutes or less), I forgot the "real" world outside and was in awe. It immerses you in the game/experience like nothing else. While watching Netflix in the virtual theater, I found myself reaching for the virtual remote sitting on the couch to my left. You guys should at least try it before disregarding it. I'm not saying it will or should replace traditional gaming and I wouldn't want it to. But I think it's much more interesting and significant than waggle wand controls ever were or could be.

Not really disregarding it, just stating the facts that it's an extra bit of hardware that has a pretty narrow window of use.  It won't do anything for the majority of major games.  That's 100% gimmick status to me lol Doesn't mean gimmick is bad, it just has it's specific use.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2016, 01:33:23 am »
Gimmick doesn't mean bad. This thread seems to be making it seem like it's a bad thing.

Badges

« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2016, 01:46:32 am »
Gimmick doesn't mean bad. This thread seems to be making it seem like it's a bad thing.

Gimmick just means novelty or has a specific use, certainly not bad, but no one will be using VR to play Final Fantasy, Zelda, Grand Theft Auto, Dark Souls, Mario, etc, etc, etc.  A couple games might get it added as a bonus, and some would use it for abit, but it's not the next D-Pad or Rumble lol

« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2016, 03:23:08 pm »
Nintendo NX may use 3DS-style cards for games:

http://www.gamesradar.com/new-report-says-nintendo-nx-may-use-3ds-style-cards-instead-of-discs/?utm_content=bufferd123d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer-nintendomag
I really doubt that given how costly carts are compared to discs, but if they want to allow physicality without having a disc drive, it would be the way to go.  Basically throw minimal content and some form of DRM on the cart and then download the rest of the necessary content to your hard drive.  I mean that's basically what you get with any game nowadays anyway... especially PC.

Nintendo's E3 site is up... they really aren't talking about anything but Zelda.  Nintendo is usually the reason I take off work and watch the streams, but with their stream being solely the new Zelda, you can only watch for so long without redundancy.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:31:22 pm by ctracy87 »

gf78

« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2016, 03:50:39 pm »
I really doubt that given how costly carts are compared to discs, but if they want to allow physicality without having a disc drive, it would be the way to go.  Basically throw minimal content and some form of DRM on the cart and then download the rest of the necessary content to your hard drive.  I mean that's basically what you get with any game nowadays anyway... especially PC.

Nintendo's E3 site is up... they really aren't talking about anything but Zelda.  Nintendo is usually the reason I take off work and watch the streams, but with their stream being solely the new Zelda, you can only watch for so long without redundancy.

It would make sense for a few reasons.  The carts may be more expensive to manufacture than a disc, but they will save money on all those drives that won't need to be included.  And if the rumors are true that the controller can operate autonomously from the console, a cartridge like a 3DS cart would be perfect for moving back and forth between the two.  The card readers also (I don't know exact figures) require less power to run than a disc drive which could lead to all kinds of savings for Nintendo from physical space required in the system to lowering manufacturing costs.

I feel the same way about their E3 this year focusing solely on Zelda.  But I'm sure there is a large number of grown ass men who will weep like babies when Link comes riding across the plains in the trailer, quite similar to every other Zelda game with the exception of Wind Waker.   ::)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2016, 04:13:04 pm »
I'm stoked for the big reveal of Zelda, it's at the top of my most anticipated list easily, but their choice to not even have a digital event, solely doing Zelda in the Treehouse live setting is just weird and confusing.

I'm also 100% behind game carts.

« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2016, 04:19:18 pm »

It would make sense for a few reasons.  The carts may be more expensive to manufacture than a disc, but they will save money on all those drives that won't need to be included.  And if the rumors are true that the controller can operate autonomously from the console, a cartridge like a 3DS cart would be perfect for moving back and forth between the two.  The card readers also (I don't know exact figures) require less power to run than a disc drive which could lead to all kinds of savings for Nintendo from physical space required in the system to lowering manufacturing costs.

I feel the same way about their E3 this year focusing solely on Zelda.  But I'm sure there is a large number of grown ass men who will weep like babies when Link comes riding across the plains in the trailer, quite similar to every other Zelda game with the exception of Wind Waker.   ::)
Absolutely agree completely.  Now if Nintendo would get their shit together with their DRM. 

gf78

« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2016, 10:21:55 pm »

Absolutely agree completely.  Now if Nintendo would get their shit together with their DRM.

That would be a good start. At the same time, fix their ass backwards friend codes. One ID across all systems.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2016, 03:53:33 pm »
NX not a successor to Wii U or 3DS according to Nintendo

Hmm, I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Console makers always say this, because they don't want sales of current consoles to drop-off due to anticipation.

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Nintendo-NX/215583895147593?source=whfrt&position=1&trqid=6285745871944255015

« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2016, 03:58:44 pm »
NX not a successor to Wii U or 3DS according to Nintendo

Hmm, I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Console makers always say this, because they don't want sales of current consoles to drop-off due to anticipation.

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Nintendo-NX/215583895147593?source=whfrt&position=1&trqid=6285745871944255015
Nintendo has been saying that since it was first announced.  They haven't been saying the same thing as other console makers.  Other console makers make the statement that they aren't discontinuing support for the previous iteration of their console, Nintendo has stated that the NX is a brand new experience completely different and unique compared to traditional handheld or console game systems, and as such will not be made to replace or succeed either the Wii U or 3DS.

That being said, releasing a console akin to the PS4 or X1 would be a "new" experience for Nintendo, so whatever.