Author Topic: The Nintendo "NX"  (Read 26457 times)

Re: The Nintendo "NX"
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2016, 05:35:14 pm »
It's such weird PR spin.  It's clearly a replacement for the Wii U, because it HAS to be.  Whether it's also a 3DS replacement remains to be seen, but if it's going to be more powerful than a Wii U and have all its own games, then it's the new replacement.  The Wii U is clearly dead at this point with very little in the way of big games releasing this year, so if the NX isn't going to be the new system, then what is their plan?

I really wished they were just announcing the NX at E3 and get it over with than having all this PR spin nonsense.  Keeping the details muddy with less than a year to go till release is such a bad idea, especially with them deciding to not promote the rest of their games at E3 this year along with no promotion of the NX in any way.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2016, 01:19:59 am »
It's such weird PR spin.  It's clearly a replacement for the Wii U, because it HAS to be.  Whether it's also a 3DS replacement remains to be seen, but if it's going to be more powerful than a Wii U and have all its own games, then it's the new replacement.  The Wii U is clearly dead at this point with very little in the way of big games releasing this year, so if the NX isn't going to be the new system, then what is their plan?

I really wished they were just announcing the NX at E3 and get it over with than having all this PR spin nonsense.  Keeping the details muddy with less than a year to go till release is such a bad idea, especially with them deciding to not promote the rest of their games at E3 this year along with no promotion of the NX in any way.

Seriously, at E3 is best, at least the casual gamer will likely be watching. the only people who are gonna watch the announcement they planning to do later in the year, are gonna be guys like us. and they relaly should be targeting the sony and m$ fans too. not just collectors and Nintendo fans.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2016, 02:31:53 am »
I have to wonder this...This is completely unwarranted and mostly just a nagging thought in the back of my head...but I have to wonder if they have some secret plans.  I still think missing E3 essentially is not a great idea, but I wonder if before E3, we'll get a Direct talking about all their games coming up this year.  They have to do it soon I think because they got some games they can push such as Tokyo Mirage along with Mario & Sonic Rio in just June alone.  That way they get their games out there ahead of time and being talked about before E3.  Then they can do their E3 plans of all Zelda which will be great, even if no Digital Event is happening.

Still feel like they'll do a surprise tease of the NX at some point next month.  Not a full reveal, I'm guessing they are waiting for an event during the summer or I guess Tokyo Game Show, but like a name and a silhouette of the system could work if they do the before E3 Direct.

That might be just me hoping they aren't being so oblivious to their faults right now.  They have their problems, but they are kinda having more than a few setbacks lately.  Star Fox isn't doing well and they disappointed a lot of people by scaling back what they do at E3, when E3 is usually when Nintendo is at their best now.

« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2016, 12:38:47 pm »
I have to wonder this...This is completely unwarranted and mostly just a nagging thought in the back of my head...but I have to wonder if they have some secret plans.  I still think missing E3 essentially is not a great idea, but I wonder if before E3, we'll get a Direct talking about all their games coming up this year.  They have to do it soon I think because they got some games they can push such as Tokyo Mirage along with Mario & Sonic Rio in just June alone.  That way they get their games out there ahead of time and being talked about before E3.  Then they can do their E3 plans of all Zelda which will be great, even if no Digital Event is happening.

Still feel like they'll do a surprise tease of the NX at some point next month.  Not a full reveal, I'm guessing they are waiting for an event during the summer or I guess Tokyo Game Show, but like a name and a silhouette of the system could work if they do the before E3 Direct.

That might be just me hoping they aren't being so oblivious to their faults right now.  They have their problems, but they are kinda having more than a few setbacks lately.  Star Fox isn't doing well and they disappointed a lot of people by scaling back what they do at E3, when E3 is usually when Nintendo is at their best now.

Wait I thought they actually have a E3 conference this time?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2016, 01:04:32 pm »
Rumors very recently have been swirling about Nintendo getting into the movie business. I wonder if NX is some sort of movie service, like Netflix or Hulu, or some device like The Roku Stick. You know how Nintendo LOVES proprietary stuff. They also could use the service to stream games, too, if this were the case. (Zelda Wii U is getting released on NX and Wii U.) It would make sense if they were going into the movie business, that they would have their own, exclusive distribution service. And they have been insisting that it's not a replacement for the 3DS or Wii U.

« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2016, 04:12:28 pm »
Wait I thought they actually have a E3 conference this time?

Nope, they are dropping the digital event they usually do and going solely for the Treehouse livestream stuff which will just show footage from the game floor of Zelda only.

gf78

« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2016, 09:50:16 am »
If the NX isn't a replacement for the Wii U and 3DS....did Nintendo just decide not to make any more Wii U and 3DS games???  Because they sure as hell aren't putting much out. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2016, 12:04:17 pm »
If the NX isn't a replacement for the Wii U and 3DS....did Nintendo just decide not to make any more Wii U and 3DS games???  Because they sure as hell aren't putting much out.

They said the same with the 3DS.

« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2016, 10:22:35 am »
It either has to be:

1. They're being smart arses and that' their way of hinting that it's a hybrid, and a successor to both.

2. They simply mean the DS line ended with the New 3DS and the Wii line ended with the Wii U. So this is like the jump from GBA to DS or N64 to Gamecube.

« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2016, 08:23:03 pm »
I hope NX keeps the gamepad like Wii U but make it even better  ;D. instead of having to be in the area of the console it could double as its own handheld that you can take in the car or outside. And it would have 3D features like 3ds.  With unlimited range. And I hope they make more awesome amiibos and I hope amiibos carry over and don't die with Wii U. I hope for a Galaxy 3, A Kirby DreamLand and I hope that the New Zelda is amazing.  I hope it runs in 4k 60fps. And I hope it is backwards compatible. I hope that the charge stand for the controller has magnets that make the controller levitate and charge at the same time.  it would look so awesome and contemporary space age. they have the technology.

« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2016, 11:58:31 am »
So allegedly Nintendo isn't doing Zelda only on the Tree house.  They will demo Pokemon Sun and Moon as well as other games that are coming out soon.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #191 on: June 02, 2016, 01:52:58 pm »
So allegedly Nintendo isn't doing Zelda only on the Tree house.  They will demo Pokemon Sun and Moon as well as other games that are coming out soon.

They REALLY need to either give us something on the NX or pull out a big surprise. I'm a Nintendo stalwart, and even I'm feeling burned by Nintendo's offerings lately.

« Reply #192 on: June 02, 2016, 06:10:44 pm »
It's been confirmed that Pokemon Sun & Moon will get a preview before all the Zelda stuff.  They are also adding a second day that will include more such as a Pokemon Go Q&A, and will showoff some games like Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest 7, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions and possibly others.

Guess Nintendo realized from the feedback that only bringing one game to the show was a poor idea. even if it was Zelda.  This also has me hopeful for some NX teasing.  I don't need a full reveal, but it would be nice to get the name, and perhaps a glance at the system. A simple tease of "The INSERT CONSOLE NAME HERE is coming..."

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2016, 08:15:52 pm »
So the latest rumor I'm hearing is that the NX was delayed because they wanted to add VR support.

This coming from the latest episode of The Know on YouTube.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2016, 08:33:59 pm »
honestly I doubt it

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20160530PD201.html
something about the article just seems off to me

honestly if production did get delayed probably certain parts might have gotten cheaper so they could add some more power