Author Topic: The Nintendo "NX"  (Read 26632 times)

gf78

Re: The Nintendo "NX"
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2016, 10:14:52 am »
I'm feeling pretty cynical today, so I'm just going to throw this out there and of course it's just my opinion so take it as you may. 

Nintendo are douchebags.  They are clueless, out-of-touch douchebags.  They are going to release a system roughly equivalent to the Xbox One and PS4 in the middle of the current console cycle.  Any "power" advantage they may have been planning on will be negated by the new revisions to the PS4 and 'bone. 

Nintendo will launch like they always do:  Two or three Nintendo-made games, a smattering of "current" or "recently released" 3rd party titles for full retail when the PS4 and 'bone versions are half price by then.  These overpriced 3rd party releases won't sell well due to the combination of being "past their prime" and selling for more than they do on competing systems.  Nintendo still won't have a unified and cohesive store & online system in place.  The NX won't play any media such as DVD or Blu-Ray. 

YOU personally may love Zelda and Pokémon and Mario and Metroid.  But as we have seen time & again, these Nintendo franchise characters alone can't make a Nintendo system come out on top.  There is nothing that Nintendo can "revolutionize" that will replace the lack of strong 3rd party titles like Call of Duty and Battlefield.  Like them or not, they are huge money makers and a system with no online community to support these games will not prosper. 

You would think that Nintendo would have learned from past mistakes by now.  I'm willing to wager they haven't.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2016, 10:58:24 am »
^ I keep hearing that Nintendo is making the NX very easy to program for just for that reason. They want the third-party support back. But at this point, 99% of what we're hearing about the NX is nothing but rumors. So who knows.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2016, 11:07:29 am »
For the love of all things, can we get a decent online system.  Everyone needs to just blatantly ripoff XBox Live.  It is what online should be.  Make it easy to use and navigate. 

Nintendo has the strongest 1st party titles.  It's been keeping them in the game for 3 generations. If they could get in there with a powerful system that can get some 3rd party support, they could regain some market share.  I understand that cost is a big part of it, but it may be time to roll the dice.  You can't make money without spending money. 

« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2016, 09:17:39 am »
Personally I give the NX a better chance than the Wii U; if it's true that it will also be the handheld. Pokemon alone could make all the difference as a system seller.

« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2016, 05:16:26 pm »
Personally I give the NX a better chance than the Wii U; if it's true that it will also be the handheld. Pokemon alone could make all the difference as a system seller.

That is true.  Essentially combining what sells well on the 3DS with the main console itself would really beef up the library and sales overall, which is smart.  Especially if you can play the handheld games on your TV.  I don't really play my 3DS a lot because I'm not fond of playing on the small screen, so I tend to avoid most handheld games other than some big ones that particularly excite me.  Heck, I'm still trying to get through Hyrule Warriors Legends lol

« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2016, 12:26:51 am »
While this is not exactly surprising information, it's expected, Nintendo of Canada CEO stated that the NX will be revealed this fall.  I'm gonna say either at the Tokyo Game Show, or their own big direct within that time frame. They out the big important information there, with some big game reveals, and then at the Game Awards Show, which they help sponsor I believe, in December, they can show even more, and get that hype going for the March release.

« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2016, 08:05:46 am »
While this is not exactly surprising information, it's expected, Nintendo of Canada CEO stated that the NX will be revealed this fall.  I'm gonna say either at the Tokyo Game Show, or their own big direct within that time frame. They out the big important information there, with some big game reveals, and then at the Game Awards Show, which they help sponsor I believe, in December, they can show even more, and get that hype going for the March release.
I'd say maybe a big conference the week of TGS and simultaneously an event in LA hosted by Reggie.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2016, 01:06:38 pm »

Nintendo is quickly losing confidence in even their longtime fans. The last year or so hasn't been kind to Nintendo. I'd be surprised if the NX does do better than the Wii U.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2016, 01:56:09 pm »

Nintendo is quickly losing confidence in even their longtime fans. The last year or so hasn't been kind to Nintendo. I'd be surprised if the NX does do better than the Wii U.

If they'd quit dragging it out, that would help. Give us something. I honestly think Nintendo can compete if they'd get the third party support. They have the best first party games. If they can just get GTA, COD, and any other acronym on board, it could be the console of choice next generation.

« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2016, 02:08:05 pm »

If they'd quit dragging it out, that would help. Give us something. I honestly think Nintendo can compete if they'd get the third party support. They have the best first party games. If they can just get GTA, COD, and any other acronym on board, it could be the console of choice next generation.
Issue now is once again they risk releasing dated hardware.

Supposed word from developer was that it was slightly more powerful than the current consoles.

However chances are the NEO and the Scorpio will come out 6 months later and make the NX seem dated in terms of horse power.

« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2016, 09:21:13 am »
With the footage of Zelda, I'm totally renewed in my faith, even without NX info.

Expect info on NX at TGS in September.  According to rumors, third party publishers and developers are extremely happy with NX, if this is true, Nintendo will definitely receive third-party support.  That doesn't mean exclusives, but titles will definitely release on NX if that is true.

Supposed word from developer was that it was slightly more powerful than the current consoles.

However chances are the NEO and the Scorpio will come out 6 months later and make the NX seem dated in terms of horse power.
From what I'm hearing Neo and Scorpio will come with fairly high price points, which will be a major deterrence for the more casual gamers, and even non-casual gamers.  Neo and Scorpio sound great, but I don't think either platform will exist as must have hardware that will shut out NX as a viable platform.

« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2016, 11:36:43 am »
With the footage of Zelda, I'm totally renewed in my faith, even without NX info.

Expect info on NX at TGS in September.  According to rumors, third party publishers and developers are extremely happy with NX, if this is true, Nintendo will definitely receive third-party support.  That doesn't mean exclusives, but titles will definitely release on NX if that is true.

From what I'm hearing Neo and Scorpio will come with fairly high price points, which will be a major deterrence for the more casual gamers, and even non-casual gamers.  Neo and Scorpio sound great, but I don't think either platform will exist as must have hardware that will shut out NX as a viable platform.
Talk for both NEO and Scorpio is $400. So same price the original consoles came out at.

And sure that would be all well and good if Nintendo decided to bring the NX out at a low price but we all know they won't; it'll also be a $400 console.

« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2016, 02:16:36 pm »
Sure it's gonna be at 400 for the other systems? I'd imagine they'd be higher with the kind of tech they are pushing, I mean, it isn't like 4k is a common and cheap thing yet.  I could see them pushing nearly 500 for the systems.

« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2016, 03:54:51 pm »
Sure it's gonna be at 400 for the other systems? I'd imagine they'd be higher with the kind of tech they are pushing, I mean, it isn't like 4k is a common and cheap thing yet.  I could see them pushing nearly 500 for the systems.
Well industry experts are predicting $400.

XONE is down to $300 with the launch of the XONE S and industry experts predict the PS4 will soon follow.

Maybe, just maybe they'll be $450, but $500 would be crazy, they wouldn't sell very well that high.

« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2016, 04:26:22 pm »
Well industry experts are predicting $400.

XONE is down to $300 with the launch of the XONE S and industry experts predict the PS4 will soon follow.

Maybe, just maybe they'll be $450, but $500 would be crazy, they wouldn't sell very well that high.

I don't think 500 bucks is really all that ridiculous.  New phones go for over that every year.  The PS4 launched at 400 bucks and that didn't have anything particularly special going on for it, but then to go ramp up the hardware and to play games at 4k? 500 dollar is absolutely a reasonable price for it, especially since they are basically treating the Neo and Scorpio as the next console generation come early.  I'm fine with being wrong on it, I just think people should expect a serious price for some serious hardware.  This is basically on the level of the PS3, which also launched at 500 bucks and I believe they were taking a pretty big loss for the hardware still at that price unless this whole thing is  just so they can push 4k tv's.