Author Topic: NeoGeo Pocket Color  (Read 1802 times)

darko

NeoGeo Pocket Color
« on: February 12, 2012, 05:11:58 pm »
I've wanted one for a long time. I was looking through auctions tonight and they seem fairly reasonable there. Does anyone have one? What do you think? Any particular games I should look out for?

Also, if anyone has one for sale (preferably in the box) pm me!

dstone

PRO Supporter

Re: NeoGeo Pocket Color
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:42:31 pm »
I picked one up from a friend a while back along with a few Japanese games and a Dreamcast link cable. I haven't picked up any games that support the link cable yet but look forward to playing with it when I do.

I played around with the games I had, few of which really kept me engaged - with the exception of Puzzle Bobble. I'm pretty much addicted to that one.

The display is not lit, so it is very much like the Game Boy Color. Don't expect to play it in the dark without a light. Even with a light I sometimes have a hard time telling the difference between some of the colors (but I think that's more of my color blindness working against me than the handheld). The stick has got to be the greatest thing ever put on a portable gaming system.

I've noticed a few have sold at auction for around $50-someodd with a handful of games. After goofing around with one I think that's a good deal for a great little system.

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:50:13 pm »
This is one system that I have been wanting for the last couple of years that I WILL buy before the end of the year. I can't wait to hear when you get one.

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 12:50:42 pm »
I've got one...McVan's Video Games in Ft. Wayne, IN used to have them for $25 each, new in box. I have Puzzle Bobble Mini for it as well as the Sonic game. I've enjoyed it but really need to get a few more games for it.

Side note: I got my Lynx II there as well, $35 new in box. These would have been purchased probably 4 years ago now, so I figure they no longer have the systems. They did still have tons of boxed and sealed Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket Color games the last time I was there, however.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 06:20:06 pm »
I've got one...McVan's Video Games in Ft. Wayne, IN used to have them for $25 each, new in box. I have Puzzle Bobble Mini for it as well as the Sonic game. I've enjoyed it but really need to get a few more games for it.

Side note: I got my Lynx II there as well, $35 new in box. These would have been purchased probably 4 years ago now, so I figure they no longer have the systems. They did still have tons of boxed and sealed Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket Color games the last time I was there, however.

Well just in case you're back there again feel free to pick one up if they still have a system :D

forte

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 01:12:51 pm »
I've got one, it's an awesome system, but see if you can pick one up with a modded backlight. I have a hard time seeing it in anything other than direct sunlight. I've seen a modded one go for about 80 bucks on eBay, well worth the extra cash. Wormlights and such for the NGPC are rare and expensive thanks to it's short life in the US>

darko

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 05:57:00 pm »
I would gladly drop $80 if I found one backlit in very good condition.