Author Topic: Has anyone here played "I Am Alive" ?  (Read 1128 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Has anyone here played "I Am Alive" ?
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:46:00 pm »
IGN gave it a pretty scathing review.

Anyone here played it and want to share their opinion?

I'm debating whether or not to get it.

No spoilers please.

darkragnorok

Re: Has anyone here played "I Am Alive" ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 11:41:29 pm »
Played it a couple years back and the best way to describe it as a Silent Hill/Uncharted hybrid of sorts. By that I mean you will be walking around deserted areas around the city while at the same time you will be climbing stuff to get to other places. Its basically one big survival game considering at no given point are you really given enough ammo or the like to shoot your way out of a situation so you have to in a way use what you have to either kill those who get in your way or make them surrender to prevent further damage to you or them. Considering how little it cost now until Monday and if what I describe sounds interesting to you then give it a try. If you have any more questions before then feel free to ask.

argyle

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 12:50:29 am »
I tried it and really hated it, but I honestly can't remember why. I think the controls were a big part of it tho.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 04:24:07 am »
Played it for about 2 hours then deleted it forever. The game looked pretty good. Dark and gritty atmosphere, but the controls were extremely bad and each fight was predetermined. If you didn't follow the exact path of a fight (for example: hit guy1 first, kick guy3 then shoot guy2) you couldn't win. You had to do exactly as the developers intended. That combined with a limited amount of lives/reloads made me delete the game.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 04:47:39 am »
IGN and and game review company rig their ratings and they aren't legit. I never read game reviews unless just for fun if the editor is funny.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 05:15:07 am »
IGN and and game review company rig their ratings and they aren't legit. I never read game reviews unless just for fun if the editor is funny.

I wouldn't say they aren't legit, just not the best when it comes to a lot of games, especially the big ones.  Best to avoid though.

I remember being interested in this game when it came out, cause I'm all about the post-apocalyptic stuff, but it seemed to get fairly underwhelming opinions.  Kinda surprised to see it's still like 15 bucks on  Steam though.  Would've thought a budget arcade title like this would be down fairly cheap now after 3 years.  Still not a bad price though.  Even at the worst of not liking it, it's only 15 bucks lost.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 12:02:32 pm »
I remember wanting it at first, till I watched some game play than I changed my mind
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 12:42:37 pm »
It's $5 right now in a PSN flash sale. Still, I think I'll pass.