Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 4-1-15  (Read 3133 times)

argyle

Re: Nintendo Direct 4-1-15
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 02:21:31 pm »
Nintendo literally doing everything people were asking them to do. Its crazy. Everyone keeps counting them out but they're doing amazing stuff.

Nintendo are still doing everything in there power to push the Wii U.  It's not gonna be racing past PS4 anytime soon, but they're making the Wii U a console to remember by its game library alone. 

If Sakurai is set on this Smash iteration being his final game, they he has set this all up to go out with a bang!  Of course Sakurai was fibbing this whole time.

Much like the PS2/GC was the combo to have in the early 2000's, it looks like the PS4/Wii-U is the combo to have this gen. :D

It's almost as if Nintendo have gone into crisis mode, and at that point they can really step up there game.  Yet they still have fresh artillery ready for E3.  Potentially being Star Fox & Xenoblade Chronicles X. 

Maybe even some more Smash announcements, responding to the fighter ballot????  Not sure about that one though, might be too soon.

I am fully expecting a Metroid Wii-U announcement @ E3. Don't let me down, Nintendo.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

rancesama

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 03:58:22 pm »
This Nintendo Direct was WAY better than what I was expecting.

I was hoping to hear about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, but didn't think they would show much. Now it's looking like the game is Fire Emblem meets Persona on the Wii U. Couldn't ask for anything better, as those are my two favorite series ^_^

Also, Fatal Frame coming to NA was unexpected but VERY welcome. I wanted this game soooo bad and it really helps to round out the Wii U's library of games. Top it off with some new Fire Emblem trailer for the 3DS, add a dash of new Virtual Consoles games for N64 and DS and pair it with DLC announcements for Smash and Mario Kart. So much hype right now :D

After this direct, I can say my wallet will be hurting but I'm so happy to have a Wii U!

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 04:22:14 pm »

I was hoping to hear about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, but didn't think they would show much. Now it's looking like the game is Fire Emblem meets Persona on the Wii U. Couldn't ask for anything better, as those are my two favorite series ^_^

Also, Fatal Frame coming to NA was unexpected but VERY welcome. I wanted this game soooo bad and it really helps to round out the Wii U's library of games. Top it off with some new Fire Emblem trailer for the 3DS, add a dash of new Virtual Consoles games for N64 and DS and pair it with DLC announcements for Smash and Mario Kart. So much hype right now :D

After this direct, I can say my wallet will be hurting but I'm so happy to have a Wii U!
Is it coming to Europese as well? >:(
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

indenton

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 04:31:26 pm »

Is it coming to Europese as well? >:(

All of the aforementioned games were featured in the European Nintendo Direct, so that would be a yes. 

indenton

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 04:34:08 pm »
We can also add Azure Striker Gunvolt to the European release schedule too.  In fact, it's out today!

maximo310

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 04:41:45 pm »
I was pretty surprised at the confirmation of Fatal Frame coming to NA ( it will probably come to EU as well), along with SMT x FE will come out probably by next year. Hopefully Xenoblade Chronicles X and Bravely Second won't take too long for localization, since they're coming out in Japan on the 10th and the 23rd of April.
I didn't expect a 200cc for MK8, and some of the other stuff looks pretty solid as well. I do hope that they announce some of their secret projects at E3, because that would really help their standing for the rest of the year, especially for Wii U.

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 11:55:08 am »
I thought the only real highlight was Fatal Frame coming to North America.  Shin Megami X Fire Emblem looks... The exact opposite of what I expected given the last two games in those franchises.  My interest is waning. 

There were no new game announcements and only DLC information for previously-released games.  It's pretty clear that they are already beginning to wind down internal development on Wii U to move internal teams over to NX development.  I think E3 will reveal the last "new" Wii U games for pretty much the remainder of the console's life, it will include Retro's new game, but very few overall games.

Concerning NX, the cat's out of the bag already.  They need to hurry up and get that machine completed and finished and released by November 2016.

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 01:46:03 pm »
Concerning NX, the cat's out of the bag already.  They need to hurry up and get that machine completed and finished and released by November 2016.

I would be *very* surprised if they had anything to show regarding a new system at this year's E3 (they wouldn't release something in Fall of 2016 unless they'd say something by this summer).

Also, the Wii U came out in 2012. It's only been 3 years.  There was a 6 year lifespan for the Wii - I estimate a successor to the Wii U for late 2017 at the very earliest.  With so many big titles coming out at the end of 2015/early 2016, it wouldn't make sense to release a new console only a year later.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 01:47:19 pm »
I would be highly skeptical if NX is out in 2016.  My guess would be 2017 at the earliest.  I can't see why they would publish Zelda on a "dying" platform with a new console right on its heels.  And I don't see this being another Twilight Princess, either.  If we were getting the NX in 2016, I would imagine more details would have leaked.

Edit: What desocietas said. :P

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

desocietas

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 01:58:17 pm »
I would be highly skeptical if NX is out in 2016.  My guess would be 2017 at the earliest.  I can't see why they would publish Zelda on a "dying" platform with a new console right on its heels.  And I don't see this being another Twilight Princess, either.  If we were getting the NX in 2016, I would imagine more details would have leaked.

Edit: What desocietas said. :P

Hehe, great minds... ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas