Author Topic: I thought I would share a laugh.  (Read 1481 times)

silversyx

I thought I would share a laugh.
« on: March 19, 2015, 03:37:14 pm »
I read this on Kotaku today and it made me bust out laughing...

"This actually took place on my 18th birthday, the same day that the original Game Boy Advance came out. I was working at an Electronics Boutique and had an older gentleman call the store asking for advice on how to set up a PlayStation 2 that he had purchased for his grandchildren, not knowing how the wires needed to be plugged in. I tried to explain that the wires were color-coded, but he was confused to the point of tears. He asked if he could use his video camera to record the back of his television and I could point out where the wires needed to go, I said that was fine.

The gentleman came in with his video camera a couple hours later. The video started with the back of his television and then immediately cut to him masturbating on his bed for five seconds then back to the television.

Happy birthday.

—Matt"

Any funny war stories of this kind?  ;D

mrnikon

Re: I thought I would share a laugh.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:52:05 pm »
nope, but working in a camera store, you do see some interesting photos at times...

argyle

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 04:28:28 pm »
I worked at a drug store in high school, early 90's so this was still the era of film development. The drug store I worked at had a policy that if a picture didn't turn out right, or basically if you just didn't want it, then you didn't have to pay for it. They would pull out the ones they didn't want & we would keep them & then throw them away when they left. We're talking about maybe .10 a print you'd get back for the ones you didn't want.

Well, on more than one occasion we'd have ppl look through their pictures, pull out some while looking really embarrassed & put them down on the counter face down saying they didn't want them, but for us NOT TO LOOK AT THEM. Then they'd get their change deducted, pay what they owed & leave. And...we looked at them. Of course. And then we'd wish we hadn't, because good-looking people NEVER did anything like this, and yes the pics were usually nudes.

To this day I can't figure out why someone wouldn't just pay the freakin' dime and destroy the picture themselves. But then, these people didn't seem like the brightest bulbs in the lamp. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jsoup

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 05:09:07 am »
Here's a story to make you feel sad.

My local (now closed) Long's Drugs had a policy (posted) stating that they look at all photos that are developed there. They did this to ensure nothing illegal was being printed at their stations as a liability. My step-sister worked there and once told me that it was also unwritten policy to throw out any photos containing non-standard nudity (meaning, like picture of newborns and stuff would be fine, but some person posing would not) and list on the package that the negatives were bad.

So, jump a head to her sixth month working there and my sister comes home looking like ten miles of bad road. Apparently, a kid brought in some film to be developed and all the pictures were of him in his underwear, the crap beaten out of him and holding a sign saying "PLEASE HELP ME". Turns out the kids father was abusing him, then keeping him home from school until the bruises went away. The kid knew our Long's looked at all images developed and came up with this plan of photographing the abuse, then getting the roll to the station.

They called the cops and we never found out how it all resolved itself.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 06:02:14 am »
I worked at a drug store in high school, early 90's so this was still the era of film development. The drug store I worked at had a policy that if a picture didn't turn out right, or basically if you just didn't want it, then you didn't have to pay for it. They would pull out the ones they didn't want & we would keep them & then throw them away when they left. We're talking about maybe .10 a print you'd get back for the ones you didn't want.

Well, on more than one occasion we'd have ppl look through their pictures, pull out some while looking really embarrassed & put them down on the counter face down saying they didn't want them, but for us NOT TO LOOK AT THEM. Then they'd get their change deducted, pay what they owed & leave. And...we looked at them. Of course. And then we'd wish we hadn't, because good-looking people NEVER did anything like this, and yes the pics were usually nudes.

To this day I can't figure out why someone wouldn't just pay the freakin' dime and destroy the picture themselves. But then, these people didn't seem like the brightest bulbs in the lamp. ;)

That's ridiculous lol "Hrmm, well this is a very awkward and unflattering picture of me, I don't know why I took it, but I don't want to pay for such a thing, so I'll just tell the people at the counter not to look.  I mean, I'm sure that's basically a legal contract! They couldn't possibly look even if they wanted to! Genius!"

silversyx

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 03:41:03 pm »

My local (now closed) Long's Drugs had a policy (posted) stating that they look at all photos that are developed there. They did this to ensure nothing illegal was being printed at their stations as a liability. My step-sister worked there and once told me that it was also unwritten policy to throw out any photos containing non-standard nudity (meaning, like picture of newborns and stuff would be fine, but some person posing would not) and list on the package that the negatives were bad.

So, jump a head to her sixth month working there and my sister comes home looking like ten miles of bad road. Apparently, a kid brought in some film to be developed and all the pictures were of him in his underwear, the crap beaten out of him and holding a sign saying "PLEASE HELP ME". Turns out the kids father was abusing him, then keeping him home from school until the bruises went away. The kid knew our Long's looked at all images developed and came up with this plan of photographing the abuse, then getting the roll to the station.

That's so sad  :'(

jsoup

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 01:59:24 am »

That's so sad  :'(

Well, the silver lining is the kid probably got help. There was a notable drop in random, non-regular's walk-ins to this photo station, which disturbed the staff more than the whole abuse photo thing.