Author Topic: Return of the Plastic Instruments (Guitar Hero/Rock Band)  (Read 4210 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Return of the Plastic Instruments (Guitar Hero/Rock Band)
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 12:49:56 am »
So are all songs going to be available through download? Or do you a few gigs worth of songs on the disc to begin with, like normal?

If you get songs on the disc, I'm in. But if it's only available through download/subscription service, forget it. Freaking everyone wants me to subscribe to some digital something. It's getting out of hand.

I now realize after reading my post how it sounded.

I didn't mean a few "gigs" as in gigabytes. That's a lot of music. I meant a few "gigs", because the previous Guitar Hero broke-up song lists into separate live-events, or gigs.

argyle

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 06:19:42 am »
http://www.destructoid.com/harmonix-says-don-t-throw-away-your-old-guitar-hero-controllers--290606.phtml

Wow. So, support for DLC you've already purchased?

Rockband yes, Guitar Hero no.

Support for peripherals you've already purchased, even those from the competitor's games?

Seems like an easy choice to me. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 06:32:44 am »
http://www.destructoid.com/harmonix-says-don-t-throw-away-your-old-guitar-hero-controllers--290606.phtml

Support for peripherals you've already purchased, even those from the competitor's games?

Sadly it's looking that way.  I always liked Guitar Hero more, but I haven't seen them do anything good yet with the new game and the more I see and hear, it doesn't get any better.  I don't even mind having to buy a new guitar for it, but Rock Band is clearly trying to bend over backwards to keep its legacy and fanbase with them, going way above the call of duty (lulz, activision) to make last gen gear working on current gen hardware, when they didn't even need to.  That and the possibility of making DLC transfer also (I don't really expect them to find a way to make it so 360 players can have their DLC on a PS4, so I'm out of luck), just puts the game over. 

abe

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 07:58:35 am »

As much as I've always preferred Guitar Hero, it looks like I'm going to go with Rock Band this generation. I don't like too much of what I've seen so far with the new Guitar Hero stuff, so this is pretty good news to me.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 12:33:07 pm »
Guitar Hero has always had more metal, so that's my choice, always. Besides, all my old GH and RB stuff is on PS2 anyways.

argyle

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 12:36:04 pm »
Wow, most people I know prefer Rock Band - surprised so many of you are GH people. GH isn't bad, but IMO wherever Harmonix goes, there goes the real talent. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis