Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront (2015 Reboot)  (Read 2773 times)

Re: Star Wars Battlefront (2015 Reboot)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 10:08:22 pm »
I'm just hoping its not online only.  I like to play offline. 
And please leave the damn Jedi out of it.  They were too strong.

Vader confirmed, so force users are in lol I'm sure they'll balance them out better with this game.

better be 64 on PC thats all i'm saying. I'm also sad it's EA because I'll be forced to use god damn Origin.

40 player cap for everything it seems.  I'm wondering if that's a concession they had to make for better performance in the game, which I'm fine with.  I'm fine with anything 32 and over.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 10:23:25 pm »
Wait, there's no campaign mode...and you guys are happy about that?!

Campaign is like the meat and potatoes of a game. If thet don't give us that, I'm out.

pacpix

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 10:26:30 pm »

Campaign is like the meat and potatoes of a game. If thet don't give us that, I'm out.

Battlefront one and two had campaigns that you could finish in less than an hour.  While I would like a campaign, it has never been the focus of the franchise.  The true fun of the game was playing all the different groups on the various maps in Instant Action mode.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 10:30:08 pm »

It's not the meat and potato of all games.  Battlefield has been saddled with crap campaigns no one wants for years.  I never thought it was super great in the previous Battlefront games either.  I'm wanting an awesome online multiplayer experience and I think we'll be getting that.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:31:51 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 10:32:32 pm »

It's not the meat and potato of all games.  Battlefield has been saddled with crap campaigns no one wants for years.  I never thought it was super great in the previous Battlefront games either.  I'm wanting on awesome online multiplayer experience and I think we'll be getting that.

Why does it have to be one or the other? And I had a blast with the campaigns.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 11:05:28 pm »

Weren't they just basically the multiplayer maps with bots and objectives? I really don't remember the campaigns very well, but really liked the multiplayer which I think is what most folks seemed to like the most too.  There's still solo play in the game, so nothing will really be missing.

pacpix

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 11:30:34 pm »

Weren't they just basically the multiplayer maps with bots and objectives? I really don't remember the campaigns very well, but really liked the multiplayer which I think is what most folks seemed to like the most too.  There's still solo play in the game, so nothing will really be missing.

Yup, the only difference between the campaign in BF1 and multiplayer was a short clip from the movies and a little bit of text before playing a normal multiplayer map.  BF2 had objectives in the campaign, but basically the same gameplay and it was very short. 

As long as they keep offline play with bots as well as the online multiplayer I think the game will be just fine without a campaign as it was not the focus of the series to begin with.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 01:03:17 pm »
I usually game to relax after a long days work or after I've been watching my daughter for a while. So single-player is exactly what I want. Multiplayer is just an extra bell & whistle for me.

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 07:02:23 pm »
The best thing EA could have done was give it to the guys who made Bad Company.
The only way I see this game going wrong, is if Visceral tries to make it like Battlefield 3, with the classes being very similar. But I don't see that happening since it be really weird to force things like scopes, combat flashlights, and grenade launchers into the star wars universe when they weren't really there to begin with.
They'll probably make it more like Bad Company, with defined classes that have their own roles.

What I hope they do is make a faithful remake of Battlefront 2, with better graphics, more balanced classes and units, bigger maps, and add more bots on the field. SO HELP ME GOD IF THERE AREN'T BOTS!

Also, do away with that verterancy bullshit that was in the second game.