Author Topic: Parts pile, and other stuff ready to go.  (Read 3389 times)

Parts pile, and other stuff ready to go.
« on: May 17, 2015, 06:12:11 pm »
Hello folks.

Given recent events in my life (girlfriend leaving), I now have to re-evaluate my hobbies and what I can afford now that I have way more bills to cover.  I may update this list, but before this stuff just ends up in Best Buy's recycle bins, or dropped off at a Goodwill, I figured I'd see if there are any interested parties.

Thus far:

• Original Xbox -- works, but wonky.
  • Original Xbox -- has been dismantled, likely just good for parts
  • Sega Game Gear -- bad screen
  • Playstation -- Original model. Not sure if it works. Last I checked, it did, but it may not.
  • Atari 2600 -- Original 4-switch model. No idea if it works, one controller port broken.
  • Coleco Telstar -- No idea if it works. The AV switch has a missing connector.
  • Splatterhouse - Terror Mask.  This was a pre-order bonus from GameStop for the Splatterhouse revamp on X360/PS3. Due to GameStop's incompetence, I ended up with 2.  Still in it's box.
  • Dishonored Deck of Tarot cards.  I have two of these, both unopened.
  • Nintendo DS game cases--These are just game cases, some with manuals, all with some cover art.  A wide variety.  These are a hold-over from when I worked at GameStop.  GameStop, as you may know, no longer sells used DS games with cases.  When traded in, they just throw them away.  I saved these.  According to my son who just counted them, there are 107 cases.  Several Nintendogs, several Star Wars, a rather large variety.  I would probably let this entire pile go for $5 plus shipping. Many of them are in great shape, and on at least 3 or 4 occasions, I have purchased a used DS game sans case, and have been able to get a case from this collection.
  • Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition for Xbox 360.  I pre-ordered it late, and from two places hoping to get just one (didn't think I would).  Instead I have two.  The unopened one is up for grabs.  Make me an offer I can't refuse--plus shipping!
  • A Nintendo DS Lite with L & R buttons that stopped working after it was dropped on concrete half a dozen times.  I did not do that on purpose.

I may add to this, but not sure yet.  Figured I'd try here first.  I think, at most, I'd let this stuff go for $2 plus shipping (unless noted), and I'd use USPS flat rate shipping containers.  Whichever will hold that monstrous old Xbox or whatever.

If nothing else, within a week I'm going to drop them off at one of the aforementioned locales and just be done with them.  I should be able to do this via Paypal, which I'll figure out if anyone is interested. 

The thing is, I'm not asking for much here, and would just like this stuff to go to another collector than to rot away on a dusty Goodwill shelf, or to be dismantled via Best Buy's electronics recycling program.  This is step one.  I'm building up to getting rid of a lot more stuff.  I cleaned out a huge pile of DVDs and all my vinyl today as well, and a stack of old heavy metal VHS tapes.  Like I said, I may have to scale back this otherwise exciting hobby, and if I end up needing to move, better to have less stuff than too much to carry.

Also, if there's something you're looking for that's on my collection list, I may now be totally willing to part with it. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:18:39 pm by evilnick »

Re: Parts pile, and other stuff ready to go.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 06:34:50 pm »
If you are getting rid of the DS game boxes, I would be interested in the whole lot. I gotta check this week on my funds, but I do believe I can.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 06:40:19 pm »
If you are getting rid of the DS game boxes, I would be interested in the whole lot. I gotta check this week on my funds, but I do believe I can.

I'll have to see what kind of USPS box they require.  I may keep one or two, but have to go through them first. 

Highlights:

Lots of Pokemon.
Lots of Nintendogs.
Lots of Star Wars, Force Unleashed, Battlefront, Clone Wars.
Chrono Trigger.
Lego Star Wars.
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.
Mortal Kombat Ultimate
Dragon Quest VI.
The World Ends with You.
Betty Boop.  Not really a highlight, but it's in there.

These are all North American with ESRB ratings.  If it's in that list, I will not keep it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:45:59 pm by evilnick »

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 07:03:09 pm »

I'll have to see what kind of USPS box they require.  I may keep one or two, but have to go through them first. 

Highlights:

Lots of Pokemon.
Lots of Nintendogs.
Chrono Trigger.
Lego Star Wars.
Mortal Kombat Ultimate
Dragon Quest VI.
The World Ends with You.

These are all North American with ESRB ratings.  If it's in that list, I will not keep it.

That sounds fine to me. I live in Indiana, which was in North America last I checked.  :P

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 11:26:17 pm »
CE edition of ME3 is awful tempting. XD Mostly just curious, what kind of price range are you looking for on that?

Even though someone already asked about the DS boxes, just curious if you have any Shin Megami Tensei ones, specifically.

Don't worry, I'm sure everything will find a good home lol. XD One of my favorite things about VG is the marketplace; nice to be able to find some good deals here. Just make sure you aren't getting rid of anything  you'll want later. o.o;;;

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 12:59:48 am »
If the Chrono Trigger case+ manual is available, then I'd like to get it for completing my loose cart.

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 10:22:35 am »
Interested in the Game Gear and Telstar. Possibly the 2600, but I already have 3 of them. Not sure how much I want 4.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 09:43:38 am »
CE edition of ME3 is awful tempting. XD Mostly just curious, what kind of price range are you looking for on that?

Even though someone already asked about the DS boxes, just curious if you have any Shin Megami Tensei ones, specifically.

Don't worry, I'm sure everything will find a good home lol. XD One of my favorite things about VG is the marketplace; nice to be able to find some good deals here. Just make sure you aren't getting rid of anything  you'll want later. o.o;;;

I don't recall any SMT games in that DS case pile.  I'm not home right now, but I can double check tonight.  That CE Mass Effect 3, I might let go for $40 plus shipping, as that seems to be about it's average online.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 09:44:47 am »
Interested in the Game Gear and Telstar. Possibly the 2600, but I already have 3 of them. Not sure how much I want 4.

I fired up the broken Game Gear once and as I recall, it does work.  Just not the screen.  Have not tested the Telstar as I do not have a TV old enough.  They actually need a TV with horizontal and vertical hold knobs still on them.  Like cavemen used.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 09:45:25 am »
If the Chrono Trigger case+ manual is available, then I'd like to get it for completing my loose cart.

I'll check tonight when I get home and get back to you.  Don't remember if the manual is in there.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 06:10:20 pm »

The manual is included and it's in pretty solid shape, sans a sticker on the back--on the plastic, not the paper.

Make me an offer, sir.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 06:22:18 pm by evilnick »

Warmsignal

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 10:01:32 pm »
Do you still have any DS cases?

I'm looking for Touch Detective, Nanostray, Lost In Blue, Miami Law, Orcs & Elves, Elebits, and SqueezeBall Party.

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 10:10:39 pm »

Highlights:

Lots of Pokemon.
Lots of Nintendogs.
Chrono Trigger.
Lego Star Wars.
Mortal Kombat Ultimate
Dragon Quest VI.
The World Ends with You.

That sounds fine to me. I live in Indiana, which was in North America last I checked.  :P

im not the only one in indiana :)

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 10:41:09 pm »

Highlights:

Lots of Pokemon.
Lots of Nintendogs.
Chrono Trigger.
Lego Star Wars.
Mortal Kombat Ultimate
Dragon Quest VI.
The World Ends with You.

im not the only one in indiana :)

I too live in the great corn field of the midwest.  ::)

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 11:31:02 pm »
Just wanted to say that I hope things turn up for the better for you soon...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas