Author Topic: Mega Man Legacy Collection  (Read 3964 times)

retroone

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 07:25:33 am »
Yaay, the Mega Man Legacy Collection will now receive physical releases on the PS4, Xbone, and 3DS! ;D The game is releasing August 25th digitally on consoles, and the 3DS and physical releases will be available some time early in 2016. The digital versions will cost $14.99, while the physical versions will cost $29.99 each (probably $34.99 or more for Canada :-\).

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/mega-man-legacy-collection-launches-august-25

Why is the physical copy coming out after the digital? You'd think they would release it side by side.

gf78

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 11:47:00 am »
The other problem too is that all of their content is digitally released with the only options for physical copies are usually in Asia/Japan, and that's a problem if a game of theirs is on a region-locked system like the 3DS. I'm hoping they do announce some new projects at TGS .

^^This.  I loathe digital-only games.  Some people love them, some are indifferent, etc.  But me, I'm not spending the cost of a retail game on what is the equivalent of a digital fart. 

This problem isn't just Capcom's, many companies do it.  I've bought Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty and Infamous First Light  import copies because I wanted these great games on a damn disc.  I'm mulling over importing the Resident Evil Remake and Rain for the PS3 right now.

Not to mention, internet isn't 100% stable and even less when you live in a rural area like me.  If that shiny LTE tower down the road gets hit by lighting-BAM!  No internet for me.  At that point, digital download titles go kaput.  Nah, I'm good.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

abe

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2015, 12:17:31 pm »
Yaay, the Mega Man Legacy Collection will now receive physical releases on the PS4, Xbone, and 3DS! ;D The game is releasing August 25th digitally on consoles, and the 3DS and physical releases will be available some time early in 2016. The digital versions will cost $14.99, while the physical versions will cost $29.99 each (probably $34.99 or more for Canada :-\).

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/mega-man-legacy-collection-launches-august-25

Why is the physical copy coming out after the digital? You'd think they would release it side by side.

Maybe so they can release all three versions at once instead of splitting them up like they have with the digital releases. ??? I don't really know, but at least it's getting a widespread physical release now.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2015, 12:19:37 pm »
I have no problem paying $30 for a physical copy of a game.  If it's good, I'll drop the change. 

What sucks is that there was more on the GameCube version of this than the PS4 version.  Would it have killed them to put all the Mega Man games on there?  9?  10? 

gf78

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2015, 12:50:10 pm »
I have no problem paying $30 for a physical copy of a game.  If it's good, I'll drop the change. 

What sucks is that there was more on the GameCube version of this than the PS4 version.  Would it have killed them to put all the Mega Man games on there?  9?  10?

That's what I'm saying!  The PS2/Gamecube/Xbox compilation had more stuff than this. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

argyle

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2015, 02:44:43 pm »
The other problem too is that all of their content is digitally released with the only options for physical copies are usually in Asia/Japan, and that's a problem if a game of theirs is on a region-locked system like the 3DS. I'm hoping they do announce some new projects at TGS .

^^This.  I loathe digital-only games.  Some people love them, some are indifferent, etc.  But me, I'm not spending the cost of a retail game on what is the equivalent of a digital fart. 

This problem isn't just Capcom's, many companies do it.  I've bought Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty and Infamous First Light  import copies because I wanted these great games on a damn disc.  I'm mulling over importing the Resident Evil Remake and Rain for the PS3 right now.

Not to mention, internet isn't 100% stable and even less when you live in a rural area like me.  If that shiny LTE tower down the road gets hit by lighting-BAM!  No internet for me.  At that point, digital download titles go kaput.  Nah, I'm good.

I completely agree with this, and I've imported several games over the past year or so for this very reason. My biggest issue, besides the fact that I don't feel like you actually own the games because you're dependent on other services staying up to be able to access them, is that they are tied to your account. My wife and I both game, and she has her own systems. If we have a physical game & she wants to play it, she grabs the disk & plays it. If it's digital then it's tied to my account, so that basically means picking up a second copy.

BTW, the RE HD Asian version is excellent, I definitely recommend it. I have been disappointed with a couple I imported tho - neither Okami HD & Resident Evil Chronicles HD run from the disk, they require you to install the games to your hdd. I prefer them to run straight from the disk to save on space.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2015, 03:21:01 pm »
I completely agree with this, and I've imported several games over the past year or so for this very reason. My biggest issue, besides the fact that I don't feel like you actually own the games because you're dependent on other services staying up to be able to access them, is that they are tied to your account. My wife and I both game, and she has her own systems. If we have a physical game & she wants to play it, she grabs the disk & plays it. If it's digital then it's tied to my account, so that basically means picking up a second copy.

BTW, the RE HD Asian version is excellent, I definitely recommend it. I have been disappointed with a couple I imported tho - neither Okami HD & Resident Evil Chronicles HD run from the disk, they require you to install the games to your hdd. I prefer them to run straight from the disk to save on space.

Thanks for the info on Resident Evil HD Asian version. 

As for what you were saying about owning the game, it's totally true.  You are beholden and dependent on the goodwill of the publisher to be able to keep using that software.  As a fan, gamer and collector, I can't abide by this.  They can yank the title, scuttle the service or whatever they want.  And as we've seen with P.T. on the PS4 (F you Konami, F you), they can completely remove it where you can never get it again. 

System updates can wipe any content from your system at any time the manufacturer feels like it.  Sure, you can opt out of updating.  But then your system becomes an offline-only unit until you do update. 

Many digital games on various systems require an online authentication to start them.  If you are disconnected, your games are useless.  Maybe I would feel a bit more secure if the online services were bullet-proof.  But as we've seen, even twerps like Lizard Squad can take an entire online community offline with a practically unbeatable DDoS attack.