Author Topic: Shenmue 3!!!  (Read 13168 times)

soera

Re: Shenmue 3!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2016, 11:23:05 am »
Its been a year since this started. Kind of crazy it exists and now I want to post a small update :

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/12/sega-confirms-shenmue-i-and-ii-remasters-are-underway-5876685/

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2017, 10:14:33 am »
The first teaser trailer was released yesterday for Shenmue 3. While the game looks mostly good from the teaser, the most blaring issue that I had with what was shown and what everyone seems to be taking issue with is the quality of the character models. I particularly was not a fan with how Shenhua currently looks and I sincerely hope that this is a conceptual model for her and she looks closer to how she looked in the previous games. With advances in 3D modeling and graphics and because many of the original creative staff for the first two games are working on Shenmue 3, I'd love to see the ingame character models look like they did in the high end 3D models that you often see on official promotional art for the first two games. Other than that it looks, feels, and definitely has an undeniably Shenmue vibe about it. I WANT TO PLAY THIS DAMN GAME SO BAD!!!!!

ferraroso

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2017, 12:04:52 pm »
Contrarily to what most people have being pointing out in the internet, I really didn't have many problems with the graphics and the design of the characters.
Nevertheless, I think this was a terrible trailer.
We are used to see teasers that try to show the best things the programmers and producers have done so far with a game (sometimes even lying to us like Ubisoft among others use to do), but if this trailer showed us the best they had to offer of Shenmue III so far, I am starting to worry about the project. I feel afraid that the game may either be delayed to sometime around 2019 (maybe even later) or (much worse) that they will rush it's development it to have it launched by the end of next year...

What do you guys think?

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2017, 12:26:01 pm »
I think the game is still very, very early on in development. If memory serves me right without going back through the KS updates, they only started actually developing the game about 6-months ago, with everything prior being planning. So for a trailer based off 6-months of development, I'm not too worried, yet.

But I am of the mind that they will not be sacrificing quality, especially seeing how Yu Suzuki is notorious for drawing out development years past initial release windows in order to deliver the best games possible. Sure, he probably does not have this luxury anymore since this game is not being funded by Sega or some other big publisher, but I'm expecting that late 2018 will be the earliest this game will see the light of day, but 2019 or even 2020 may be a possibility. The worst thing they could do is rush this game out the door in a semi-finished state; it would spell the end of the franchise for good. According to Suzuki one more game (aka Shenmue 4) would be needed to tie up the story, so this needs to succeed if we are ever to get a conclusion to this franchise.

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2017, 05:39:25 pm »
The scenery looked real good, but yeah, the models and animation or lack-there-of was pretty bad.  It's fine though, it's still early in development, though they really should've waited to show off the characters till they were more ready.

spac316

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2017, 04:25:54 pm »
I think it's looking good so far. With what they're given, I think they are doing a good job.

That's a bummer that they don't plan to give us a physical copy of the PS4 version though. Unless Limited Run games get's a hold of it and I bet they would. It'll sell out in an instant though, and I don't want to deal with the stress. So I hope that later on a physical PS4 release would happen.

soera

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2017, 04:59:48 pm »
I think it's looking good so far. With what they're given, I think they are doing a good job.

That's a bummer that they don't plan to give us a physical copy of the PS4 version though. Unless Limited Run games get's a hold of it and I bet they would. It'll sell out in an instant though, and I don't want to deal with the stress. So I hope that later on a physical PS4 release would happen.

Who said they arent doing physical PS4? Where did you find that? I pledged for that and if they arent going to do it, I want a refund.

soera

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 05:06:07 pm »
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/shenmue-iii-published-deep-silver

"Shenmue III will be published by Deep Silver, developer Ys Net announced. The global publishing deal will cover the release exclusively on PlayStation 4 and PC in both physical and digital versions.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/08/shenmue-iii-published-deep-silver#Pe3XaMbPhozu0XbL.99"

azure

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2017, 05:46:43 pm »
Yeah Shenmue 3 is going to be physical for sure., I backed high enough for a physical copy I better get it  :P

Also to add: http://gematsu.com/2017/08/shenmue-iii-first-teaser-trailer-character-models-mostly-temporary-says-director-yu-suzuki

telly

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2017, 06:17:58 pm »
Yeah Shenmue 3 is going to be physical for sure., I backed high enough for a physical copy I better get it  :P

Also to add: http://gematsu.com/2017/08/shenmue-iii-first-teaser-trailer-character-models-mostly-temporary-says-director-yu-suzuki

Thanks for posting that link, that was an informative read. :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2018, 10:42:36 pm »
An old post bump, but Shenmue 1 & 2 are getting HD ports to PS4, Xbox, and PC in prepartion of Shenmue 3.  Both are in a set coming out this year.  This is what I've been waiting for, as I didn't want to play the original versions.  Figured they'd end up feeling clunky and I wanted to try them out more cleaned up.  It could end up being like Resident Evil HD and I don't like the games anyways, but we'll see.  I'll give them a shot as I wanted to at least try them out before I garner any interest in Shenmue 3.

Along with updated visuals...
-Updated UI
-Modern and Classic Controls
-Japanese and English Audio

https://www.destructoid.com/the-shenmue-1-2-collection-is-real-and-coming-this-year-498594.phtml

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2018, 01:15:40 am »
I am so incredibly happy about the Shenmue 1 + 2 HD release, especially since it is physical. Too bad the Switch isn't getting a port, but I'm totally fine with a PS4 version. I think this was necessary in order to build more hype/interest in Shenmue 3, even though I honestly don't think Shenmue 3 will be out until 2020, but we'll see.

telly

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2018, 08:16:24 pm »
Hm, I wonder if I should sell my copy of Shenmue then? I don't have a DreamCast yet and haven't played it yet, but I wanted a copy to hold on to
Currently Playing:

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2018, 10:48:25 pm »
Hm, I wonder if I should sell my copy of Shenmue then? I don't have a DreamCast yet and haven't played it yet, but I wanted a copy to hold on to

I'd hold onto it until it gets an official release date. If I've learned anything from this franchise over the years is that Sega likes to change their mind a lot in regards to it.

telly

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2018, 02:54:40 pm »
Shenmue 3 is now slated for a 2019 release
Currently Playing: